Herochat

Doctor Octopus vs Batman

Thanos6

• +12/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Octopus vs Batman
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
Comic Ock can, and has, whirled his tentacles really fast, like fans, to dissipate gas.

I don't know if movie Ock's tentacles are dexterousenough to do so.
Truten forever!

Riv1

• +20/-867
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 07:34:52 AM »
I srsly doubt they are.
Or need to be, when he could just, you know, move.

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
Movie Batman would potentially have a similar run now as movie Spidey: unable to take him in a straight up fight but able to win. Spidey's powers were also on the frits in the second film, right? How much of that was a factor?

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »
Movie Batman would potentially have a similar run now as movie Spidey: unable to take him in a straight up fight but able to win. Spidey's powers were also on the frits in the second film, right? How much of that was a factor?

It only came up once when he tried the shoot some webbing and it failed.  He was in top shape for the fights otherwise.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
Ock would win 8/10, at least.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »
Ock was able to block a ton of glass shards from the broken windows headed his way without a single cut. That was before he got the combat experience in the rest of the movie. Each one of those arms is individually sentient.

Uhtceare

• +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »
Ock was able to block a ton of glass shards from the broken windows headed his way without a single cut. That was before he got the combat experience in the rest of the movie. Each one of those arms is individually sentient.

Yeah, Ock is basically a team of robots.

Riv1

• +20/-867
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »
I have to re-watch this movie now, thanks.

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »

It only came up once when he tried the shoot some webbing and it failed.  He was in top shape for the fights otherwise.

Yeah, only came up in their first fight at the bank. Webbing fail, so Doc was able to smash him with a bag of gold coins and catch him. Peter was fine for the rest of that fight.

In the second fight (leading to the train scene), Peter regains his full abilities after Doc takes MJ. Nonpower problems after that point of the film because he gets over his mental hang ups.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.