• +43/-64
    • View Profile
Re: Russia, Russia, Russia
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 02:39:13 AM »
He's talked about the sanctions before.

yes as i said he point out that trump sign of on the sanctions. does a lot

but leave out trump hand was force
and he hasnt enforce

which an odd detail to leave out. he nevet mentions that detail. which misleading

When he talked about the sanctions, he talked about Donald being forced.

When. Last bunch of video I saw, And watch most of kyle stuff since I subscriber I dont see him mention that

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 05:17:52 AM »
Do you expect him to mention it every show?  He doesn't even talk about Russia every show.

Anyway, the show in which he was talking about sanctions, he mentioned Trump was pretty much forced but said it wasn't an admission of guilt (which is true as sanctions are a bad idea and most people would be reluctant to go ahead with it).  I don't see any point to bring it up any more than that.  It's not very important.

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »
Do you expect him to mention it every show?  He doesn't even talk about Russia every show.

Anyway, the show in which he was talking about sanctions, he mentioned Trump was pretty much forced but said it wasn't an admission of guilt (which is true as sanctions are a bad idea and most people would be reluctant to go ahead with it).  I don't see any point to bring it up any more than that.  It's not very important.

not every show

but when he brings up the fact trump has sign the sanctions as an argument thst he hasnt given russis anything, think leaving the fact he was force out of the conversstion is misleading

and he does it often and recently.  it his main argument against the russian story and from what i see he always leave that part out

maybe we watching different videos

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »
Like I said, he mentioned it once.  It is not important enough to talk about when we have Russia and US planes getting into pissing contests and proxy wars going on.  Just because you think it’s worth talking about doesn’t mean anyone else thinks it is.

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »
Like I said, he mentioned it once.  It is not important enough to talk about when we have Russia and US planes getting into pissing contests and proxy wars going on.  Just because you think it’s worth talking about doesn’t mean anyone else thinks it is.

you could be mad at the russian pissing contest

But if he going to bring the point up about him of signing the sanctions(which he does often)...then the other point important. So it seem he find only mention HALF the story important. Because the other half is Trump was force. Somehow that not important

And I am not saying EVERYONE has to agree obviously. But I also dont think I am a rare unique once in a life time person who see an issue with that either.

Now you said it, he said it once about being force. That might be a lost video I missed. But every other video..he doesnt mention it.

But find we can agree to disagree on that point

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 02:39:20 AM »
Adam Schiff claims Russians promote the 2nd Amendment so we'll kill each other.

http://hpub.org/article-63480/

“You had the content that was clearly anti-Hillary, and you had the content that was very pro-Trump. But even the bigger quantity of content that was being pushed through social media was just content designed to pit us against each other,” Schiff said while speaking at the University of Pennsylvania.

“They also trumpeted the Second Amendment. Apparently Russians are very big fans of our Second Amendment. They don’t particularly want a Second Amendment of their own, but they’re really glad that we have one.”

I've never been a gun nut.  I don't own a gun and I support gun control but this is laughable.  When people wonder why I don't take the Russia stuff that seriously, it's shit like this.  For one kernel of truth, you get 4-5 stories claiming Russians hacked Pokemon Go or that they create "ads" for amendments to the Constitution.

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 02:51:26 AM »
Dont think the plan is that deep

Think they may of used the NRA as a way, to launder funding to help Trump though with some negative campaign ads agaisnt hillary. And NRA was like enemy of enemy

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 06:04:34 AM »
Dont think the plan is that deep

Think they may of used the NRA as a way, to launder funding to help Trump though with some negative campaign ads agaisnt hillary. And NRA was like enemy of enemy

Wait, where's your proof that the NRA is in cahoots with the Russians?

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48oa1ZkUBY

This video is probably where the conspiracy started. Thats some seriously messed up propaganda right there.

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 06:42:45 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/politics/russian-banker-nra-trump/index.html

That article is super vague on the details.  The NRA has backed Trump and usually supports Republicans, which isn't all that shocking or illegal (although I think it should be).  The Russian connection seems to be "well, someone who might be tied to the Kremlin might have donated money to the NRA... or not... but they might have known... or not."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48oa1ZkUBY

This video is probably where the conspiracy started. Thats some seriously messed up propaganda right there.

True, although being right wing gun nuts but I'm not seeing any evidence of Russian collusion.

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »
I can probably dig deeper into it but that was the first article I found. Anyways thats basic germination of the link between the two.

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 05:45:02 PM »
https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/russia-successfully-hacked-into-voter-rolls-during-2016-election/

Now even if people say this didnt effect the vote, it would at least behooves us to try to do something about this for the future

superlurker

• +20/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2018, 10:37:34 PM »
Adam Schiff claims Russians promote the 2nd Amendment so we'll kill each other.

http://hpub.org/article-63480/

“You had the content that was clearly anti-Hillary, and you had the content that was very pro-Trump. But even the bigger quantity of content that was being pushed through social media was just content designed to pit us against each other,” Schiff said while speaking at the University of Pennsylvania.

“They also trumpeted the Second Amendment. Apparently Russians are very big fans of our Second Amendment. They don’t particularly want a Second Amendment of their own, but they’re really glad that we have one.”

I've never been a gun nut.  I don't own a gun and I support gun control but this is laughable.  When people wonder why I don't take the Russia stuff that seriously, it's shit like this.  For one kernel of truth, you get 4-5 stories claiming Russians hacked Pokemon Go or that they create "ads" for amendments to the Constitution.

Doesn't sound all that weird, and plays well with the rest of their strategy. Reading that and putting it in the proper overall context, the point is that by nurturing all those stupid gun-centric politics, they help maintain an overall high political conflict level which keeps the U.S. divided and weak, and undermines Americans' faith in their political system. Obviously the Russians aren't creating these issues, but their strategy is to use such issues to deepen political divisions even more.

Basically, approach is trolling. The effectiveness of such a strategy can be easily seen on these forums. Just tell Jellyrobes that Superman is a wimp next to Hulk or fangirl that Wonder Woman is slower than Spider-Man, and they'll argue on for pages and pages and pull others in. Eventually, all these posters start viewing each other as untrustworthy idiots. The principle isn't any different, just the relative seriousness involved, because it undermines society, not just a message board. Any shooting incident where Americans shoot each other generates a lot of potential for trolls to heighten tensions; make a very stupid post here or there about gun rights or spread a rumor about impending gun control legislation, and it makes people go amok.

The deeper problem here isn't specific to what Russia did, but related to how the Internet and modern information technology works and can be used to manipulate people. The Russians just exploited that towards achieving their overall goal of weakening the U.S. and undermining its democratic institutions. There's a lot more to it than just that, though. It's just that this case highlights a new form of weakness to free and open societies.