Herochat

What are you playing?

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2018, 09:08:22 PM »
Therion has an ability that lowers both defenses for at least 3 turns. Add a BP and you're looking at 5 turns of 1.5x damage and a higher chance of critical even when they're not weak to your weapon.

A lot of monsters are vulnerable to daggers. His steal SP and Steal HP abilities both strike twice on every turn.

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
Darkest Dungeon. Loving it
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2018, 11:45:31 PM »
Therion has an ability that lowers both defenses for at least 3 turns. Add a BP and you're looking at 5 turns of 1.5x damage and a higher chance of critical even when they're not weak to your weapon.

A lot of monsters are vulnerable to daggers. His steal SP and Steal HP abilities both strike twice on every turn.

OK, I get it now. Yeah, he's pretty dope, especially against enemies weak to daggers. I might give him the Dancer job so he can both buff and de-buff.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »
A private dancer, dancer for money

MPagar

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
Been busy lately, but I’ve been trying to put time in on Warframe again as well as getting a chance to try that big update from No Manks Sky.

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »
Ham and Liquid don't like him.

I've not cracked into the minutiae of the game, and probably won't, but characters are usually pretty well balanced in these sorts of games.
This is only my second JRPG after Chrono Trigger, and I guess technically Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I've been taking Alfyn clockwise and so far it almost seems like the game is designed around moving clockwise, as far as what is vulnerable to what when you get there, and who should be in your party if you've been picking them up in the same clockwise motion.

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2018, 06:11:58 PM »
Ham and Liquid don't like him.

I've not cracked into the minutiae of the game, and probably won't, but characters are usually pretty well balanced in these sorts of games.
This is only my second JRPG after Chrono Trigger, and I guess technically Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I've been taking Alfyn clockwise and so far it almost seems like the game is designed around moving clockwise, as far as what is vulnerable to what when you get there, and who should be in your party if you've been picking them up in the same clockwise motion.
I'm at a point where I can't imagine how tough this game would be without Therion. He almost never gets hit, he can refill my mages with SP, he can self-heal and restore, I get great gear before I can afford it... Pretty damn great.

LiquidSailor

• +70/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2018, 08:54:54 AM »
There's plenty of evasion gear you can obtain to make anyone basically untouchable.

DIGUSTING

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
There's plenty of evasion gear you can obtain to make anyone basically untouchable.
I know, I have a lot of it.

LiquidSailor

• +70/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00:36 PM »
Also Primrose has the best story and theme music and if you say otherwise you are a sexist who hates powerful strong women.

DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »
Working through my back catalog now so I'm switching between Sunset Overdrive and The Halo collection with my wife. Trying to get those summer skins for overwatch too.

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2018, 07:35:20 PM »
FFXV. S'good

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »
Anybody pick up MH:W on pc yet?

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
No, I have it on PS4. RIP

Clock

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »
I've been going through the Streets of Rage series again.