Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Bret Hart Categories thread!  (Read 4810 times)

Jabroniville

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
Re: Let's assess all the modern wrestlers
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 01:12:18 AM »

Jab really is kinder with the ratings at the bottom than I am. When he thinks someone is lackluster, they seem to still find a way to get some dignifying points. When I do, not really so. Just look at our Sin Cara and Bo Dallas scores. I suspect it would be the same story with Heath.
That's funny though, because I thought I might have been to HARSH on these guys! Though some of them are pretty bad, I'm often hesitant to give someone SUPER-low ratings in Charisma, especially if I haven't seen much (or any) promo work, and just assume they're below-average and leave it at that.

I only remember seeing Slater job, though he seems pretty Jobbery. Probably a 5.5/5/4 guy or something.

Few wrestlers these days will have a Look below "5".

Jabroniville

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 06:06:48 AM »

Figured I would give assessments of each guy, especially having watched the show for a year and a half by this point. Though MY GOD I'm basically down to just reading recaps and seeing the parts I wanna see these days...

I'll do a handful of guys each time.

KOFI KINGSTON
Look: 5.5 (small-ish, but toned and athletic)
Skill: 6.5 (flashy and athletic, but slots his moves into the Generic WWE Match Template style way too much. I've yet to see his infamous botches)
Charisma: 4 (Generic Happy Smiling Babyface)
Overall: 16
Prospects: I think Kofi is doomed. Maybe another bullshit IC run or something, but he's clearly done being pushed, and nobody on top seems to like him. I haven't seen him cut a single promo, nor get a meaningful win. The New Day is terrible and doomed to failure, which in modern terms means they'll be Tag Champs for a month or two after their heel turn in a few weeks.
I AM NOSTRADAMUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »

Heyyyy-y-y-y. We should totally do more of these now...

Kevin Owens
LOOK: 3 (The Authority gave Daniel Bryan shit for years, but I'm supposed to buy THIS Butterball as a serious professional athlete? At least Bryan had muscles and could get away with going shirtless)
SKILL: 9 (His moves are super crisp, look amazingly impactful, and he can pull out crazy shit for a guy of his size)
CHARISMA: 9 (Just a glorious heel. Everything about him screams "HATE ME, I'M AN ASSHOLE". He's hypocritical and cocky and violent)
TOTAL: 21 (Low-balled a bit by his Look score, but he should totally be a future main eventer for years to come)

Sami Zayn
LOOK: 5 (Tall and lanky, not particularly chiseled, but he's got a great smiley, underdog babyface face that really sells his character)
SKILL: 9.5 (He's incredible. His spots are brilliant, his selling his top-notch, and his matches tell great stories)
CHARISMA: 8 (The fans really buy into him, and how often does THAT happen for Smiling Happy Babyfaces since 1995? He can turn on the intensity when needed)
TOTAL: 22.5 (I am actually REALLY high on Zayn. His injury right now has upset me about as much as any in recent memory [only Bryan's in 2014 was worse] because I think the guy was going places)

Xavier Woods
LOOK: 5.5 (He's not particular powerful or threatening, but he has a pretty distinctive look. He's memorable, and that's the best that can be said for him)
CHARISMA: 8.5 (I WANT to go higher, because he absolutely slays me on a regular basis. He's got a ton of potential here)
SKILL: 5 (Just a guy)
TOTAL: 19 (The New Day has really turned on their talent, and I'd buy them all at any level right now as long as they're in concert. It says a lot that I thought Kofi "Midcarder 4 Life" Kingston should have won MITB this year)

Tyler Breeze
LOOK: 6 (I love the boots, and he has a face that could easily play Cocky Egotistical Heel or Plucky Underdog)
SKILL: 8 (He's pretty darn good in the ring. He could use a better finisher. Great seller, and getting better all-around all the time)
CHARISMA: 5.5 (He's playing his character well, and he has good physical chartisma in his actions and poses. But his talking is not memorable or relevant yet)
TOTAL: 19.5 (Tyler is ready to move up and challenge for the midcard titles. He's constantly being referenced as a proto-HBK)

Neville
LOOK: 4 (Jacked, but tiny. And he looks goofy)
SKILL: 9 (Gorgeous spots and moves. His main roster stuff is pretty disjointed and pointless, but his NXT work was more fluid and told better stories)
CHARISMA: 4 (He did all right in a more prominent speaking role in NXT, but on the main roster... has he said a damn word yet?)
TOTAL: 17 (I worry he is going to get Evan Bourne'd/Justin Gabnriel'ed away as "That guy with the great finisher and nothing else". He needs a storyline that lets him show off some other talents STAT)

Finn Balor
LOOK: 5.5/9 (5.5 w/o makeup as a taller guy with a nondescript look; 9 in his makeup where is positively enthralling)
SKILL: 8.5 (I want to see more of him, because I feel this could be higher. But I haven't seen as much of his stuff as I'd like)
CHARISMA: 6.5 (He has such great mannerisms and physical charisma, especially as The Demon. His speaking is kind of bland, but he's crazy over as it is, so he has time to work on it)
TOTAL: 20.5/24 (Possible main eventer of the future, though he isn't exactly YOUNG)

Hideo Itami
LOOK: 4 (Tiny Asian guy)
SKILL 9.5 (Very fluid in the ring with great-looking moves)
CHARISMA: 4.5 (Still learning the culture and language, but he has really good tenacity and intensity)
TOTAL: 18 (18 with great upward mobility based on his ever-expanding grasp of English. It feels like a low score for one of my favorites to watch in NXT. I've been down over his injury as well)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:42:44 AM by Not BAMF »

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »

Figured I would give assessments of each guy, especially having watched the show for a year and a half by this point. Though MY GOD I'm basically down to just reading recaps and seeing the parts I wanna see these days...

I'll do a handful of guys each time.

KOFI KINGSTON
Look: 5.5 (small-ish, but toned and athletic)
Skill: 6.5 (flashy and athletic, but slots his moves into the Generic WWE Match Template style way too much. I've yet to see his infamous botches)
Charisma: 4 (Generic Happy Smiling Babyface)
Overall: 16
Prospects: I think Kofi is doomed. Maybe another bullshit IC run or something, but he's clearly done being pushed, and nobody on top seems to like him. I haven't seen him cut a single promo, nor get a meaningful win. The New Day is terrible and doomed to failure, which in modern terms means they'll be Tag Champs for a month or two after their heel turn in a few weeks.
I AM NOSTRADAMUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Except for the previous sentence, where you are very clearly NOT.

Jabroniville

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 08:05:11 AM »

Well at the time they WERE terrible, and they are of course doomed to failure, having already lost to the PRIME TIME PLAYERS of all people, and then lost their match on RAW.

Granted, almost everyone in WWE these days is doomed to failure.

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »

I've been re-reading the first page of this thread, and I'm so sad that they still fuck up the Wyatts, instead of making them an actual force and the next Undertaker with his Ministry.

That said, Neville and Sami are going to be mid-card 'at best'.
They don't have the look Vince likes, and at this point we know that Vince values 'that look' over everything else.

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »

I've been re-reading the first page of this thread, and I'm so sad that they still fuck up the Wyatts, instead of making them an actual force and the next Undertaker with his Ministry.

That said, Neville and Sami are going to be mid-card 'at best'.
They don't have the look Vince likes, and at this point we know that Vince values 'that look' over everything else.

I don't think Neville is going anywhere, honestly. Like I said... I think he'll be basically off TV full time by 'Mania next year.

I had a lot of hope in Zayn, but I think this injury will do him in. He's only 30, but they're going to start viewing him as damaged goods, a la Bryan, and not want to invest much in him. That said, if he can come back and get a good run of health (2-3 years without any real injuries), I think he'll get over enough to warrant a push. We'll see, though.

Speed of Zound

• Mushu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »

Sami has always wrestled a very hard style, which the WWE hates.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »

Some late additions

Braun Strowman
Look : 9 (Obviously a monster and a built one. A cuddly bear face keeps him from a 10.)
Skill : 1 (Can he do anything except that awful bearhug?  Hell he cannot even sell without looking awkward.)
Charisma : 1 (I'm not even sure why he gets a one, honestly.)
Overall : 11 (Belongs working house shows in NXT. Not on the companies main programs.)

New Day
Look : 7 (Big E is pretty built. Xavier is rather good looking. Their unis are oddly colored but work for their gimmick.
Skill : 7.5 (These guys work well as a unit. They are better in the ring than as individuals.)
Charisma : 8.5 (A bit silly sometimes but all have shown mic skills, gotten a difficult gimmick over, and rode it bigtime. Without them, the tag division would have been trash.
Overall : 23 (Seems high at first, but they really are good.)

AJ Styles
Look : 7.5 (Smallish but handsome and built.)
Skill : 9 (One of the very best. A rival for Cesaro and Rollins here.)
Charisma : 5.5 (Dry and fairly non-descript on the mic. He does possess pretty nice "ring charisma" though.)
Overall : 22 (They should start using him as a short term top guy until the next generation of stars is hopefully grown.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:51:22 PM by Imperial »

pittfox

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:31 PM »

I'd give Strowman at least a 4 in charisma when he first showed up. Not so much now.

Wyntyr

• Global Moderator
  • Prince Akeem Joffer
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Bret Hart Categories thread!
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 03:44:49 AM »

Let's do some more of these

THE GREAT MUTA

Hart Categories, imo

Look: 8
Skill: 9
Charisma: 8 (maybe even 9 in Japan, closer to a 5 in the US)

Total 25. Fitting for one of the biggest stars in Jap wrestling history

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2016, 06:32:50 AM »

I'm sort of out of practice doing these so............

Lance Storm

Look : 5.5 (Rather cut and not bad looking, but fairly generic.)
Skill :  9 (Very fine technical worker.)
Charisma : 4.5 (Could be amusing at times, but not his strong point. A WCW only score would be higher.)

Overall : 19  (Quality worker in the midcard who could occasionally play with the big boys if given the perfect setting.)

Diamond Dallas Page

Look : 6  (Pretty colorful, though could be trashy at times.)
Skill :  7 (He tended to pre-plan out matches more than most. But Page could still go in the ring.)
Charisma : 9 (Strong mic worker with a solid dedication to supporting a character.) 

Overall : 22 (A late blooming legit star who was wasted in the WWE.)

Side Note : Rusev's charisma score has skyrocketed since Jab & I rated him here. Slater's has gone up clearly as well. Without the sheep mask and creepy factor, Rowan is nothing extra special even in look.

Crab Master

• Doctor Doolittle
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2017, 10:11:51 PM »

My appologies if this thread was meant to stay dead.

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Look: 7 (Looks like a truck driver who worked out...but still looked like he could fuck you up something fierce)

Skill: 8 (Pre-Broken neck) 6 (After Neck Injury)

Charisma: 10 (Prbably the only other person who could match him in this catagory is the Rock)

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2017, 08:13:07 PM »

Challenge:

The two easiest combinations to find, it seems to me, are Looks/Charisma and Skill/Charisma. You could find a lot of guys that excel in those areas while falling a bit short in the third.

But who do think is the best combination of Looks/Skill (at least a 9 in each) while maybe being short on Charisma?

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2017, 10:34:28 PM »

I don't know about getting to 9 in each, but Seth Rollins and Shelton Benjamin come to mind as guys that look good and wrestle well but are not known for being especially charismatic.

Though Seth is not actually bad in charisma, and Shelton though handsome and cut is no 9 in look.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4