Herochat

Thor & Captain Marvel (Shazam) vs. Superman & Hercules (Marvel)

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Thor & Captain Marvel (Shazam) vs. Superman & Hercules (Marvel)
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 07:44:25 AM »
Oh mon cher, Herc is indeed that impressive.

-Sentry holding back? Fine, perhaps, I fully concede that Sentry should be able to handle Herc if he was going all out. Even so, Herc CHUMPED him and the other Dark Avengers. It wasn't just getting a hit in, he was pwn3img them hard, Sentry most of all.

- Knocking Galactus back an alternate time line? I don't think it neccisarily takes anything away from him, but we don't even need to get into that, as he's done it more than once, and I'm not talking about the Galactus balloon incident. So, even if one of those was an alternate timeline...

- Pulling Manhattan: hey maybe Superman did it too? Maybe you think it suspicious based on context? IDK. It seems like both are half reasons why that shouldn't be as impressive as it was and two halves aren't exactly adding up to a whole for me in this case.

Now don't forget the Godzilla one, the most glaring contradiction to anything seen in that Savage Land low showing. What kind of logic will you use to try to invalidate that one I wonder? "Godzilla is no longer canon to the Marvel Universe, so doesn't count."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:46:08 AM by scourge »

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 07:51:13 AM »
Oh and not that this is on topic but when Superman caught the falling Manhattan, shouldn't he just go right through it? How did it not collapse into a bunch of pieces? Forcefield?

Abhilegend

• +21/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »
Oh mon cher, Herc is indeed that impressive.

Could you tell us about a single top tier of note he has beaten?

-Sentry holding back? Fine, perhaps, I fully concede that Sentry should be able to handle Herc if he was going all out. Even so, Herc CHUMPED him and the other Dark Avengers. It wasn't just getting a hit in, he was pwn3img them hard, Sentry most of all.

Because he fought dirty and was kicking Sentry in nuts etc.

Hercules was knocked out by a grenade in the same issue BTW.

- Knocking Galactus back an alternate time line? I don't think it neccisarily takes anything away from him, but we don't even need to get into that, as he's done it more than once, and I'm not talking about the Galactus balloon incident. So, even if one of those was an alternate timeline...

Harras wrote an unusually formidable Hercules there. He was able to defeat Zeus too when we have seen Zeus beat Hercules like nothing in normal reality.

All of Hercules/Galactus instances are alternate realities except once in Alpha Flight when Galactus was weakened and beaten by fucking Guardian.

- Pulling Manhattan: hey maybe Superman did it too? Maybe you think it suspicious based on context? IDK. It seems like both are half reasons why that shouldn't be as impressive as it was and two halves aren't exactly adding up to a whole for me in this case.

Except it was contradicted quite clearly.

Now don't forget the Godzilla one, the most glaring contradiction to anything seen in that Savage Land low showing. What kind of logic will you use to try to invalidate that one I wonder? "Godzilla is no longer canon to the Marvel Universe, so doesn't count."
That godzilla was retconned as a random monster and killed by Iron Man's spare armor.

Not to mention Hercules needed two hundred stitches to capture Zabu. It's not uncommon for him to get injured quite easily.

Abhilegend

• +21/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
Oh and not that this is on topic but when Superman caught the falling Manhattan, shouldn't he just go right through it? How did it not collapse into a bunch of pieces? Forcefield?
COMICS.

Captain_Marvel

• +0/-50
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »
Team 1 IMO, due to Hercules being a minor weak link.

Captain Marvel vs. Superman is a toss up/stalemate, but I can see Thor barely defeating Hercules due to Mjolnir.

If Herc had his Golden Mace I think this fight could go either way.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:30:32 PM by Captain_Marvel »

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 06:20:52 PM »
Team 1 IMO, due to Hercules being a minor weak link.

Captain Marvel vs. Superman is a toss up/stalemate, but I can see Thor barely defeating Hercules due to Mjolnir.

If Herc had his Golden Mace I think this fight could go either way.

Cap hasn't been a clear rival of Superman since pre-OWAW era. Superman left him in the dust after that point.

Captain_Marvel

• +0/-50
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »

Cap hasn't been a clear rival of Superman since pre-OWAW era. Superman left him in the dust after that point.

Not in my opinion, they fought a couple times after OWAW, and neither one really got the upper hand.