Herochat

The 100

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
Re: The 100
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2018, 05:42:51 AM »
Clarke consistently does whatever she deems necessary to protect those she deems her people.  This season "her people" has narrowed to Madi instead of the 100 so it's harder to take, but it's consistent.  Octavia is just "I'm tough rawr murder!"

Excellent observation on Clarke and what drives her.
Also dead on about Octavia, who could have ended this season’s drama multiple times already, had she just swallowed her pride (not easy to do i get that) for the greater good.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: The 100
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2018, 02:43:08 AM »
After the visions Madi had from the Flame in the most recent airing, I'm doing a rewatch of key episodes that feature Becca Pramheda and Cadogan's Second Dawn cult.  I started with episode 7 from season 3 and I noticed something I'd like opinions on.

The huge tower in Polis that the Commander resided in, do you think it is the remains of the Polaris space station's middle section?  The way this episode (3x07) frames the space station and then the next scene focuses on the tower in Polis makes me feel like that's the intention.  They look extremely similar in paneling and the little ridges on the sides, and it would explain why this huge tower is still standing while everything else around it was wiped out by the bombs (Polaris was shot down by the Ark after the nuclear conflagration). 

At the end of the episode Becca gets out of her escape pod (which is scorched and darkened by re-entry) and the camera again focuses on the tower (which is similarly darkened and wrecked, but notably more intact than the other buildings around her).

In 3x08, there is the following conversation:

Jaha: How sure are you that the debris from the 13th Station fell into the ocean?

Raven: A.L.I.E. and I ran the trajectories a thousand times, literally a thousand times.

Jaha:  But what is the actual probability that you're right?

Raven: Between 75% and 80%.

Jaha: Not good enough. Keep looking.

Seems like the writers are calling attention to the idea that Polaris might not have fallen into the ocean given both the percentage and the fact it's being discussed at all.

What do you guys think?