Herochat

Just had my first/biggest draft of the season

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Just had my first/biggest draft of the season
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:24 AM »
Hahaha, holy hell my team shit the bed today. I still have 3 players to go tomorrow night (Whitten, Dez Bryant & Chris Johnson), but I'm down nearly 20 points LOL. Kelvin Benjamin & Darren Sproles got hurt and left early, and Carr & Siemian were disasters. I might still pull out a victory out since my opponent only put up 116, but what a mess.

Clownprince23

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »
I’m on the same boat. Rams D with Crabtree and Lynch being my las hope for Sunday. Still have Dez but I’m way to far behind to even hope. My opponent had Diggs, Freeman,and Garçon.

My kicker and Brees are the two I can count on week to week.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Well that was a bad week for me, to say the least. Left Stefon Diggs on my bench, swapping Marvin Jones in for him at the last minute, which was a sensible move with Bradford out. Cost me the win this week in the HC league. :(

$$$ League was a disaster. Lost Sproles for the season and after trading away Martin, my RB depth is in serious trouble. This happens to me every damn year. Lost Jamal Charles 2 years in a row. Shit like that.

Clownprince23

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »
Alright, I need some help.

Should I start Deshaun Watson or Tyrod Taylor?

Not sure how to place these guys
Marshawn Lynch
Ameer Abdullah
Mark Ingram
Dez Bryant
Larry Fitzgerald
Willie Snead
Kelvin Benjamin
Michael Crabtree
Ted Ginn Jr.

I need two RB's, two WR's, and a flex. The league I'm in seems to favor QB's and WR's.  So far I'm leaning towards Carson, Ingram, Bryant, Fitzgerald, and Benjamin.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 03:45:32 AM »
Alright, I need some help.

Should I start Deshaun Watson or Tyrod Taylor?

Not sure how to place these guys
Marshawn Lynch
Ameer Abdullah
Mark Ingram
Dez Bryant
Larry Fitzgerald
Willie Snead
Kelvin Benjamin
Michael Crabtree
Ted Ginn Jr.

I need two RB's, two WR's, and a flex. The league I'm in seems to favor QB's and WR's.  So far I'm leaning towards Carson, Ingram, Bryant, Fitzgerald, and Benjamin.
I would go with Tyrod over Watson. Watson played well against NE...but so has everybody else this season. Tyrod put up points against Denver's D and Atlanta's, while a bit underrated, is nowhere near as good. Atlanta will get out in front, quickly, forcing Tyrod to sling it, even if it's "just" a dump off to McCoy. Pros and cons, there, but the ball will at least be in his hand more often than not. Watson's facing a tough defense and will make rookie mistakes, coughing the ball up once or twice (to go along with 1 or 2 spectacular plays). Bit of a toss-up, but I favor experience here.

The rest of your line-up looks like what I'd run with, given match-ups and circumstances. Cam has nobody to really throw it to, so Kelvin will get double digit targets, and even if half of them are uncatchable, there's lots of opportunity there against the Patriots suspect (so far) defense. That one has me a little uneasy (I have Kelvin in my $$ line-up with some injuries on my squad), but if he can put up 10+ points, I'll be happy.

Clownprince23

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 08:27:26 AM »
Yeah, Kelvin is frustrating for me. He has the potential to put up some good numbers, he just never gets the opportunities. And New England has gave up some passing yards, so that's what I was thinking.

Clownprince23

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »
It figures, I debate and ask advice and sure enough, Watson sets the rookie record with TD passes.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 12:27:20 AM »
I totally whiffed on that one. If it's any consolation, I left Lamar Miller on the bench in the HC league and it cost me the win this week. :(

Not BAMF

• +6/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »
Every single week, I have run into a buzzsaw.

Week 1: I played the guy that had Stefon Diggs.
Week 2: I played the guy that had Kareem Hunt
Week 3: I played the guy that had Todd Gurley
Week 4: I played the guy that had LeVeon Bell and DeAndre Hopkins

The schedule is my biggest foe right now.

Clownprince23

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »
Every single week, I have run into a buzzsaw.

Week 1: I played the guy that had Stefon Diggs.
Week 2: I played the guy that had Kareem Hunt
Week 3: I played the guy that had Todd Gurley
Week 4: I played the guy that had LeVeon Bell and DeAndre Hopkins

The schedule is my biggest foe right now.

So you're 0 and 4? I really thought you would have had the season. But you're right, that's a tough break on the schedule.

So what do you guys think of free agents ? Any good looks out there? I keep thinking of Funchess, but not to sure. I'm also looking at Duke Johnson and Paul Richardson. They both seem to be averaging points consistently.