Herochat

Movie BP

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Movie BP
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
What feats did he perform you feel he would have been incapable of performing in first avenger?

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
Yeah, I didn't notice anything that boosts him up.

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13213
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »
I don't think anything was beyond Cap's first avengers movie.  Hell, being able to punch the guts out of a punching bag and then one arm a fully loaded bag with the ease he did says a lot about his overall strength. 
His footspeed is about what I expected.  I'd still expect him to less than Spider-man In That department as well as overall agility. 

I Don't think civil war showed me anything I wouldn't expect from Cap.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
What feats did he perform you feel he would have been incapable of performing in first avenger?

I'm curious as to his answer to this, too.

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 10:04:45 PM »
So you guys are denying a power creep that Cap had across the Avengers/Caps films?

Actively disregarding what the main character and director are saying? That's pretty hilarious.

He goes from being unable to turn Lokis head to chucking motorcycles, punting hummers and fighting an enhanced Ultron in h2h
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:06:24 PM by Gree »

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »
So you guys are denying a power creep that Cap had across the Avengers/Caps films?

Actively disregarding what the main character and director are saying? That's pretty hilarious.

He goes from being unable to turn Lokis head to chucking motorcycles, punting hummers and fighting an enhanced Ultron in h2h

Sounds like a pretty explicit power up.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 11:54:13 PM »
I agree with the Cap powerup thing.  I think the disagreement here is whether or not BP did anything in this trailer that looks any different from his Civil War showings.

Hulk Victorious

• +2/-189
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 03:11:29 AM »
I agree with the Cap powerup thing.  I think the disagreement here is whether or not BP did anything in this trailer that looks any different from his Civil War showings.
I agree too. But one thing I disagree is that there was a powerup in TWS. Imo the powerup actually occurred in AOU.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 03:14:11 AM »
Yeah, Cap's strength seemed to be about the same, but his fighting ability increased in Winter Soldier imo.

Hulk Victorious

• +2/-189
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 03:19:01 AM »
Yeah, Cap's strength seemed to be about the same, but his fighting ability increased in Winter Soldier imo.
True dat

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »
"Didn't fail to do anything" is pretty weak logic bro. Like immensely weak.

It doesn't matter if Evans is a comic fan or not, did you even see the link? They explicitly state that they powered Cap up

I don't see how it's "weak," at all. He had some pretty impressive feats in his 1st movie and Avengers. Sure, they weren't as flashy as holding a copter BUT it didn't seem like that was outside the realm of possibility for the character, either. It's not like they suddenly have Widow performing Cap-level feats, which would be a power-up.

And Evans thought process from a layman's perspective absolutely does matter. He says they "powered him up" but means" he got better feats." As a long-time battle boarder, I'd say we should know the difference.
'getting better feats" IS a defacto power-up. Thanks for arguing against your point.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »

Nope. My disagreement is with the term "power up." Did Cap get better feats in AoU and Civil War? Yes. Was it an actual "power up?" No.

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »
So actively disagreeing with both the actor and director who stated they are powering him up? Lol

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »
Yes. I'm staring they're using the wrong terminology. Pedantic? Sure but I'm a nerd and this is what we do.

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 06:06:10 PM »
I feel like in TFA they were trying to find their feet with Cap and see what he would and wouldn't be able to do

By Winter Soldier they were having him take on 14 men in an elevator and jump out of the 40th flooor unharmed while fighting Bucky using high level fightng techniques that were clearly more advanced than his WW2 self. Winter Soldier Cap would have walked through everything he faceed in TFA

By AOU he was beating T850 Terminator style versions of Ultron with flippity flip and took it to Spider Man in Civil War. Spider Man, a guy who can stop a bus or lift an airplane boarding hangar....

Black Panther looks like his physcial equal - easily tbh - and he uses a Wakandan version of SSS, plus he has the added benefit of a suit made of Vibranium and insane tech. He's vaguely Luke Cage-ish in that suit.