Herochat

Arrow

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Arrow
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 08:26:31 AM »
I think they didn't say his name because they didn't want to reveal it just yet. My money is he's one of Slade's sons.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 01:58:52 PM »
I don't know about Thea killing Sarah (my money's still on Ra's being behind it) but I'm sure she'll be Arrow's version of Cheshire.

What was up with that DJ? He's obviously going to be a recurring character but they didn't say his name. Hell, Thea gave him a job and didn't even ask his name.

Given he's blonde and he works with sound, I assumed he is or eventually will be the Pied Piper?

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:56 PM »
a guy with boomerangs actully seem more threatening when fighting a guy who doesn't RUN AT DAMM NEAR LIGHTING SPEED

but very good epsiode

Like Flash reaction to  Ollie putting arrows in people. And him doing it again and him saying "you just couldnt help yourself could you"

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 12:11:17 AM »
I'm actually surprised how bad ass Digger turned out to be.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 12:12:04 AM »
I thought part 2 of the team up was actually well done. It was really nice to see a Captain Boomerang who was a dangerous threat, as well as see Barry actually stand up to Oliver and be right. Ollie really should have known he was kind of messed up in his thinking if he was quoting Amanda Waller, when this show has one of the most out and out villainous portrayals of her. Ollie, you don't want to be quoting the woman who was going to bomb your city into a crater just to deal with a couple dozen super soldiers.

I also loved how Barry just shut down Ollie's argument about the people he's lost. "I saw my mother murdered too. But I don't use my personal tragedy as an excuse to beat up people I don't like." Dear Lord but it was nice to hear a hero say that. I'm not a fan of Barry getting a tragic backstory when traditionally he was just a good guy who wanted to be a cop, but I love them showing how a guy who suffered that kind of tragedy can still be a happy, optimistic, friendly and genuinely good person. I could have easily seen classic Billy Batson saying that line, and to Nu-Billy Batson.

I also liked the interaction between the two teams, how Roy and Team Arrow actually enjoyed having the other guys over. Cisco getting out over the Arrow's tech, getting Ollie a new outfit and gear and Ollie actually being appreciative of it was really cool too. Hopefully this means we'll get more trick arrows out of the series.

I think the one misstep was having Captain Boomerang being sent to Ollie's island prison. I was so hoping we'd get a stinger of Boomerang being hauled off to jail, only for the transport he was in to get taken out and the door ice up and shatter, and then Captain Cold appears with Heatwave behind him. "Mr. Harkness. I'm Captain Cold. I have a job offer for you." I understand they have to put Digger on the island because he knows where Team Arrow hides out, but to me that could have been solved by just not having him find the Arrow Cave, just have them put Lyla at a different location and have Digger find her there.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 12:17:29 AM »
man new 52 billy still burns doesnt it Ares

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 12:18:01 AM »
After Cisco made the comment to Roy about the color red they really missed the opportunity for him to say, "We should call you Red Arrow and Ollie can be Green Arrow!"

Von Doom

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 03:13:08 AM »
Solid episode that I enjoyed for most of the reasons Ares mentioned above.

One quick question though: Anyone here in the medical profession? Would you really give epinephrine to stop blood loss? Isn't that stuff pretty much adrenaline? I guess it would work to counteract the effects of shock, but wouldn't it make a person bleed out more quickly?

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 04:57:04 AM »
I thought part 2 of the team up was actually well done. It was really nice to see a Captain Boomerang who was a dangerous threat, as well as see Barry actually stand up to Oliver and be right. Ollie really should have known he was kind of messed up in his thinking if he was quoting Amanda Waller, when this show has one of the most out and out villainous portrayals of her. Ollie, you don't want to be quoting the woman who was going to bomb your city into a crater just to deal with a couple dozen super soldiers.

I also loved how Barry just shut down Ollie's argument about the people he's lost. "I saw my mother murdered too. But I don't use my personal tragedy as an excuse to beat up people I don't like." Dear Lord but it was nice to hear a hero say that. I'm not a fan of Barry getting a tragic backstory when traditionally he was just a good guy who wanted to be a cop, but I love them showing how a guy who suffered that kind of tragedy can still be a happy, optimistic, friendly and genuinely good person. I could have easily seen classic Billy Batson saying that line, and to Nu-Billy Batson.

I can practically see the disdain dripping  from the text. Still, I agree with you.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 08:15:32 AM »
Sidenote: With comments like Arrowcave and Arrowmobile would it make sense that Batman does exist within the The Arrow/Flashverse? I mean no one would call anything (blank)cave without The Batcave existing.

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 08:33:24 AM »
Sidenote: With comments like Arrowcave and Arrowmobile would it make sense that Batman does exist within the The Arrow/Flashverse? I mean no one would call anything (blank)cave without The Batcave existing.

Pretty sure that's just an Easter Egg. After all, if Batman did exist in this universe, how would these characters know what he calls his hideout/base of operations?

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
I would assume that Batman would actually call his base the Batcave or his car the Batmobile and instead be something the media/public would come up with.

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 08:43:18 AM »
Yeah but if he was that widely publicized then wouldn't there have been more references to him on Arrow, especially during the early vigilante episodes?

Anyways, I don't think we should read too much into it.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »
I WILL READ INTO AS MUCH AS I WANT!