Herochat

Will Hillary Clinton run again in 2020?

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
Re: Will Hillary Clinton run again in 2020?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »
well now, I would vote for Biden over her. Like Him. Like the what the obama admnistration did. Similar policies but has a better change

He got some populaist stance
Plays well with rural areas, urban area, minotiry area
Can get moderates
has both sides of the dem party

Dont think she should run again or will run again. But if you want to think she will to enjoy. Its to late for her now.

So did Obama and you voted for Hillary over him.

Trump's​ legacy is going to be the opposite of what he thinks.

Hillary's legacy won't be far off. She's delusional.

Agreed.

Sure in the primary.  Figure there both the similar, why not voted for the person with the most expecrece. People of course disageed. Partly because Obama was for universal, and hillary was more pushing it slowly.

but I now think Obama not only better, but maybe one of the best presidents in history...better then Bill actully

And if it a choice between voting obama 3rd term..and any other person who ran in the primary...I would vote for obama in a heart beat

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 11:43:55 PM »
Worthwhile candidates for the Dems in 2020 :

Bernie Sanders
Tulsi Gabbard
Liz Warren

Joe Biden would be acceptable to me.

Ro Khanna looks promising. https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/ro-khanna-trillion-dollar-plan/524754/   
Though it is early in the game there.

I'll take Bernie or Tulsi.  I don't know much about Khanna.

Warren is kinda iffy.  She isn't a corporate Democrat but she's okay playing ball with them.  She supported Hillary over Bernie and still defends her.  I gave up on her after that.

Biden is a corporate Democrat, though.  He's also the guy who wanted credit for drafting the Patriot Act.  The only real difference between him and Hillary is that he's charming.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:00:49 AM by AP »

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 01:58:28 AM »

Bernie Sanders
Tulsi Gabbard
Liz Warren

Ro Khanna looks promising. https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/ro-khanna-trillion-dollar-plan/524754/   

Warren is kinda iffy.  She isn't a corporate Democrat but she's okay playing ball with them.  She supported Hillary over Bernie and still defends her.  I gave up on her after that.

Biden is a corporate Democrat, though.  He's also the guy who wanted credit for drafting the Patriot Act.  The only real difference between him and Hillary is that he's charming.

She didnt really support Hillary over bernie..she just didnt back anyone. She really only came out for Hillary when it was just about done

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 02:16:19 AM »
She didnt really support Hillary over bernie..she just didnt back anyone. She really only came out for Hillary when it was just about done

"I'm ready.  I'm ready to jump in this fight and make sure that Hillary Clinton is the next president of the United States and be sure that Donald Trump gets nowhere near the White House."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-backs-hillary-clinton-for-president/

Now sure, you can brush that off as her not wanting Trump as president, but that didn't stop her from recently going on The Young Turks and saying she thought the Democrat primaries went well.  And hell, the fact that she refused to endorse either until the smoke cleared tells me she's an opportunist, if anything.  Meanwhile, I don't think I've heard her criticize the party in a long time.  She might not be a CD as I mentioned before, but she doesn't really want to stand up against them, either.  She doesn't come off as sincere.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:18:27 AM by AP »

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »

"I'm ready.  I'm ready to jump in this fight and make sure that Hillary Clinton is the next president of the United States and be sure that Donald Trump gets nowhere near the White House."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/elizabeth-warren-backs-hillary-clinton-for-president/

Now sure, you can brush that off as her not wanting Trump as president, but that didn't stop her from recently going on The Young Turks and saying she thought the Democrat primaries went well.  And hell, the fact that she refused to endorse either until the smoke cleared tells me she's an opportunist, if anything.  Meanwhile, I don't think I've heard her criticize the party in a long time.  She might not be a CD as I mentioned before, but she doesn't really want to stand up against them, either.  She doesn't come off as sincere.

But again what time did she say that..when the race was basicly over. You kind of admit as much. Which why Even Bernie ended up coming out for her. What she said really not that much different then what Bernie Said once he conceded.

From Bernie speech

"This election is about the single mom I saw in Nevada who, with tears in her eyes, told me that she was scared to death about the future because she and her young daughter were not making it on the $10.45 cents an hour she was earning. This election is about that woman, and the millions of other workers in this country who are falling further and further behind as they try to survive on totally inadequate wages.

Hillary Clinton understands that we must fix an economy in America that is rigged and that sends almost all new wealth and income to the top one percent. Hillary Clinton understands that if someone in America works 40 hours a week, that person should not be living in poverty.

She believes that we should raise the minimum wage to a living wage. And she wants to create millions of new jobs by rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure. – our roads, bridges, water systems and wastewater plants.

But her opponent – Donald Trump – well, he has a very different view. He believes that states should have the right to lower the minimum wage or even abolish the concept of the minimum wage altogether. If Donald Trump is elected, we will see no increase in the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour – a starvation wage."

Our job now is to see that platform implemented by a Democratic Senate, a Democratic House and a Hillary Clinton president – and I am going to be in every corner of this country to make sure that happens.

and then later..try not to throw up in your mouth he said this..

"I have known Hillary Clinton for 25 years. We were a bit younger then. I remember her as a great first lady who broke precedent in terms of the role that a first lady was supposed to play as she helped lead the fight for universal health care. I served with her in the United States Senate and know her as a fierce advocate for the rights of children.

Hillary Clinton will make an outstanding president
and I am proud to stand with her here today. Thank you all, very much!"

So dont see getting mad at Warren that much

Think the reason she didnt endorse anyone during the primary (even though she inline more with Bernie)..was for the same reason obama did back anyone during the primary (even though he more inline with Hillary) it because she didnt want negativly affect anyone. And when the dust settles she could back anyone. Even you admit she only came out when it was pretty much done

Now if that makes he unsincer. I say this.  Look at her record..then look more imporantly what she actully got passed. The cosumer protection act is a a great bill..that gave people back billons

if people want to vote Tulsa and Bernie over her..ok..wont argue with that. Hell I might once i learn more about Tulsa. But if Warren wins...she still a really good pick

People shouldnt put all there eggs in two baskets of Bernie and Tulsa. Because Bernie might not run. And Tulsa..just may get beat by Warren.

as for not going after dems..i know she critique Obama for taking money for paid speeches

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 07:14:51 PM »
As to the topic question, Hillary won't run again. But even if she did, she would not get far.

Too many people cannot stand her now.
Sig : The Iconic Duo, Billie Kay & Peyton Royce

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »

Bernie Sanders
Tulsi Gabbard
Liz Warren

He also drafted the 94 Crime Bill iirc... Meaning he's a racist piece of subhuman refuse.

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 10:49:56 PM »
Yeah, Biden is pretty rightwing but people don't seem to know that.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »
Mean if signing the crime bill alone enough to brush someone away, that would mean Bernie wouldnt be elgible

I know people hate when I bring that up. He said he voted on it to get rid of assult weapons (voting on a version without said ban) but not only did he vote on it but brag about it when he ran in 2006

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/28/bernie-s/bernie-sanders-chuck-todd-debate-crime-bill-vote-a/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/10/podesta_sanders_voted_for_1994_crime_bill_bragged_about_it_as_late_as_2006.html

so lets not throw the baby out with the bath water here.

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2017, 05:36:09 AM »
Mean if signing the crime bill alone enough to brush someone away,

Literally no one in this thread said that.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2017, 08:20:23 AM »
I feel what AP and Imperial do on all matters mentioned. Where they may disagree, split the difference.

LiquidSailor

• +48/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
roc hate bowner for bwerny stronk wat u fink

DIGUSTING

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 06:55:53 PM »
Bernie and Tulsi would be my ideal 2020 ticket.

Liz Warren's tepid support of DAPL protesters did not sit well with me. But I still consider her a progressive. As of this moment, I would still vote for her rather than stray to a third party again. Barring Bernie or Tulsi being on that third party ticket, that is. Warren is subject to change if she sells out down the line.

I don't know much about Ro Khanna either. But much of his out of the usual box thinking echos things I believe in. He seems like someone worth keeping an eye on.

The way he sees it, Democrats have failed by not offering families a radical plan to end wage stagnation and bring prosperity to the middle class once again. He is working on a bill he believes will do just that, by boosting the Earned Income Tax Credit to provide as much as $6,000 a year for individuals and $12,000 for families. (That would roughly double the maximum payout for families, and increase it tenfold for childless workers.) The plan is being heralded as a move towards a universal basic income in the United States, and Khanna hopes to pair it with efforts to move federal jobs out of Washington, expand universities and colleges, and encourage investment in depressed communities.

Quote from: Ro Khanna
The fruits of the economy and all the advantages of technology and globalization have gone far more to the investor class and the professional class and not as much to the working class. Partly because of the loss of labor unions, partly because of things like a lack of antitrust enforcement, policies that have privileged shareholder returns.

How do we make up for that? That’s where this idea came of a trillion-dollar proposal came from. We would give a 20 percent raise to the bottom 20 percent of households in the income distribution, to compensate them for the stagnancy of wages since 1979.

Maybe the four-year degrees aren’t as necessary. Maybe we need to have a more German-style apprenticeship model for some of these jobs—credentialing, ongoing technical training. We probably have to expand our thinking of what type of service jobs there will be.

Look at the costs of broadband. The fact that there are only four [internet service providers] that really provide most of the service. That’s a direct consequence of our lack of antitrust enforcement. We need stronger Federal Trade Commission antitrust enforcement and protection, to make sure that companies don't have market power that provides an advantaged incumbency and does not allow new companies to come up.

I think the FTC should be aggressive in antitrust enforcement regardless of industry, whether it's the tech industry, whether it’s ISPs, whether it’s airlines, whether it’s Wall Street banks. I don’t think just because something is technology that it’s exempt from strong antitrust protection. So we should beef up the FTC. We should beef up antitrust enforcement.

I think the escalation in Afghanistan was a mistake. I think the interference in Ukraine in 2014—we shouldn’t have gotten as involved in the overthrow of the democratically elected leader there. I don’t think we should have gone into Libya. I think calling for regime change in Syria was a mistake. Not because Assad isn’t a terrible actor. But because American intervention has made things worse in many cases, and not made us more safe. I wish that there was a more non-interventionist foreign policy. I think we could have saved both a lot of money and had a safer world.

The progressive wing of the party should not be afraid to lay out their vision of where do they want to take the country and what would an ideal society look like. Then we can negotiate the details. Right now we don’t even have a basic sense of what would we want if we had every branch of government.

Sig : The Iconic Duo, Billie Kay & Peyton Royce

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
Bernie is a blatant sheepdog selloua at this point.

nu-safado

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2017, 11:16:46 PM »
Good God Hillary shouldn't run again. How broken is the current Democratic party. They gotta get someone with a pulse nad some ideas