Herochat

Will Hillary Clinton run again in 2020?

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Will Hillary Clinton run again in 2020?
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2017, 08:10:09 AM »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hillary-clinton-says-election-loss-still-very-painful-she-wont-run-again-2017-09-10

Hillary Clinton on Sunday described the lingering pain of being “gobsmacked” after losing the presidency 10 months ago to Donald Trump and said she wouldn’t be a candidate for office ever again.

Though she's not a very consistent person, so IDK. It looks clear though.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »
Ok, good news. She won't run again officially. Just speak poorly of Bernie and say how it's all his fault while cashing in. Very on-brand, HC

That's some good news.

LiquidSailor

• +46/-145
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2017, 11:49:26 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clinton-i-beat-sanders-in-a-%E2%80%98landslide%E2%80%99/ar-AArOFlh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

More blame on Sanders and his evil supporters.

She also mentions how she beat him "in a landslide" ignoring that she rigged the primaries and media coverage.  And voter purges, etc.

DIGUSTING

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
There is this huge villainization of Sanders and his supporters by Clinton and hers. A lot of sweeping statements of righteous condemnation

1) "all msygonists" (you failed me spell check, twice now) -- this one seems to be a leading narrative, the legend of The Bernie Bro, which is almost undoubtedly something that exists as they are characterized but in no way represents the VAST majority of those who support Sanders. Though any critique of her is supposedly criticism of women. The Future is Female and all of that, but not liking one woman does not... well I think you all know where this is going. She is not every woman. No more than Sarah Pallen, or Carli Fiorini. They'd kill to be able to work the system for personal gain as well as she has. AKA hardly this embodiment of "every-woman" or even an "every, white, christian, woman" that she seems to get painted as by some of her supporters.

2) "Bernie didn't campaign for her " -- bullshit, obviously. He very much did. Much to the distaste of some his supporters. He lost some in the process, but those people aren't seeing the bigger picture. In part I didn't care for it, but I at least understood it. The simple math was either her or Trump and as bad as she is, well... Trump. Charles Manson looks pretty good as a candidate when Trump is in the running.

3) "Bernie wrote a book too and no one got upset." -- That of course leaves out that her book is about how it's all everyone else's fault, and how innocent she is and how she did nothing wrong, but see LS's post above, we know how untrue that is. And that's just the really egregious stuff. There was also simple plain missed opportunities. Choosing a running mate with leftish vales instead to court some of those who were feeling like their voices were being suppressed instead of that forgettable centrist piece of wonder bread, whats-his-face. How-bow-dat? Maybe spending time campaigning in the states where Trump was strong and Clinton was not? Something, apparently, Bill had mentioned to do, so it's not like the idea wasn't out there, but she was just so damn self-assured in the impossibility of her loss. Bringing it back to the book comparison, meanwhile Bernie's book had nothing but info on how to move forward given the circumstances. Two very different situations.

Don't see the fractures on the left healing anytime soon. For my part, I tend to be a little more reserved when talking about this in most places, bc I feel that those who backed her realized that she and what she represents are not right for this moment, and yeah, at some point her values where the way to go, but that point is gone and if the party means to carry on it will need to figure that out. She's always saying that people with the values on the left maybe aren't with the right group by being with dems, but the truth is a third party option just doesn't work right now. You want to cling to the past system, HRC, maybe it's time to figure out that the Democrats are not for you.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »
Think the book was a mistake. While I agree with some of the complaints (which I wont go into to avoid rage Bombs)  saying them really not helping. It dividing an already divide people and only just makes them angry. Dems dont need this in fighting

Reather the hate is fair or not..it best to avoid shit like this and lay low for a while and dissapear for a bit. Read some books, get into pottery, fuck an intern.  Which is why you dont see me commenting on this very much despite the multiple shout outs...since doing my part to heal the divide

Only things the worry me about some of the other side, is this whole word tossed around Fake progressive. The whole Warren is a fake progressive, multiple people are secret republicans. Obama was just Bush. issue with that is Bernie and Tulscan cant run for every seat in 2018.  Dont see how we winning that wiht that attitude.  I mean if in manchin..can see not coming out. But if it say Warren vs a Cruz and people like "I cant vote for either of them" then where fucked because there are that many people running to the left of Warren. Also dont see why if you running in a Red state vs a Blue state you shouldnt run those campaigns slightly differently. Because those 30 percent of Trump guys are guranteed voters.  They WILL come out. And the way our system set up...thier single voted counts more them multiples times of our single vote. Also if you fighting for progressive policies you do have to point out where it WORKED. If you paint any progressive post Bernie Revoltion as usleess...why would anyone go for them just because you added JUSITCE to them.. You can point out..yea the auto bailout work, consumer protetcion work, minum wage in these state work..without feeling like your sucking any coparate dems dick. Jus

You should still try to get someone as progressive as possible. But also know when to get to yes and dont make the climb to what consider progressive to high. For instance my personal stance on Minum wage, is it should depend on the area. Sometimes that less then 15, sometimes that MORE then 15. But that type of shit in considered neo liberal coprarist shit now a days

Also decided where we put Idenity poltics. Stuff about trigger warnings, and every dumb Tweet we shouldnt dog pile on. Saying extreme Islam, or more Boarder securty make you racist. Hell not even being agianst affirmitive action does. But sometimes Ecconomics and Sociol issues intersect. And some  peopel who want to ignore those in Hopes of playing smart politics..tend to be the ones not effected by those issue. And the ones who are may not have a choice to just ignore those things. And lot of people who seem progressive that I know can get pretty racist on the muslim shit. Surprisnly so. While saying extreme mulsim isnt racist...we cant go after thier famiiles or any crazy shit like that. The banned was wrong. Lets not become fucking savages here. Because rights that fuck with minorities..tend to fuck with everyone in a long run

Also cool it with the rioting, blocking traffics and general annoying shit

Also lastly while a lot of the book is making excuses. There are some stuff we got to keep an eye on. Trolls and the facebook stuff to divide the left(although the dems didnt help themselves). Some of the Bernie pro rap..was Some the Russians guys posing as them. Also they been messing with other left wing groups. So they not going to stop doing this shit once Hillary out. So best find a way to counter it

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-01/russia-linked-bots-hone-online-attack-plans-for-2018-u-s-vote

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
Wow, I actually agree with several things you said. #healingthedivide

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
I remember debating about Bernie Sanders on fb with some idiot and he thought I was a Russian spy.  Hilarious stuff.

Snake-eyes

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2017, 07:01:22 PM »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hillary-clinton-says-election-loss-still-very-painful-she-wont-run-again-2017-09-10

Hillary Clinton on Sunday described the lingering pain of being “gobsmacked” after losing the presidency 10 months ago to Donald Trump and said she wouldn’t be a candidate for office ever again.

Though she's not a very consistent person, so IDK. It looks clear though.

Hillary has played the "I'm not going to/have no plans to run" game before.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »
Wow, I actually agree with several things you said. #healingthedivide

well think most bernie fans and hillary fans if you sat them down would mostly agree. hell im left of you on some issues

for some reason this was one of the most emotionlt base elections ever

some hill fans were condescending  and played the gender

some bernie fans were ... going to be a bit overzealous ... to the point of offputting

sure some people accuse ap of   being russian spie

i got accuse of being a paid shill, house slave, sjw, who hates whites.. good Times

think people underestimated the or bust parts. since lot of hillary people like me who had no huge issue with bernie and would of voted for him. and probally would of got over any insults toward them. like i got over any chelsia insults pretty quick since know things can get heated. so least TRIED not to be insulting back didnt always succeed