Herochat

What if Batman started modifying his one rule slightly

Madflavor

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What if Batman started modifying his one rule slightly
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
Well really if you think about it for even a second, the No Kill rule is pretty retarded. I understand the logic behind not killing for the sake of vengeance, and I agree with it because it is a slippery slope. However when you have a villain such as the Joker, who flat out tells Batman he will continue to break out of Arkham, and continue to kill people, and he does, there's a point where you gotta make exceptions. If you don't, then you're part of the problem.

Just look at Injustice. All the death, destruction, wars and betrayal that could've been avoided, if Batman stopped being a stubborn fuck, and kill the Joker. His No Kill rule is essentially what fucked over that universe.

shadowknight

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
Well really if you think about it for even a second, the No Kill rule is pretty retarded. I understand the logic behind not killing for the sake of vengeance, and I agree with it because it is a slippery slope. However when you have a villain such as the Joker, who flat out tells Batman he will continue to break out of Arkham, and continue to kill people, and he does, there's a point where you gotta make exceptions. If you don't, then you're part of the problem.

Just look at Injustice. All the death, destruction, wars and betrayal that could've been avoided, if Batman stopped being a stubborn fuck, and kill the Joker. His No Kill rule is essentially what fucked over that universe.
Co-sign, people jump at SM as the villain in the IJU. Nevertheless IMO Batman is the true villain instead of Killing the Joker yrs ago or at the  very least  snap his neck and permanently paralyze him, he plays this game of  putting him in Arkham in which he escapes within 3 months and then kills another dozen people again and again. As for SM villainy  in the IJU what has done that most people haven't dreamed off had they the power to do so?

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »

Co-sign, people jump at SM as the villain in the IJU. Nevertheless IMO Batman is the true villain instead of Killing the Joker yrs ago or at the  very least  snap his neck and permanently paralyze him, he plays this game of  putting him in Arkham in which he escapes within 3 months and then kills another dozen people again and again. As for SM villainy  in the IJU what has done that most people haven't dreamed off had they the power to do so?

Question is how much of that on batman

and the legal system. Not like he hasnt donated enough money to Arkham where they should be able to keep people in Jail. Or electoructe people

Batman thing is despite being a dark knight of vengenge he still kind of beleave in the law and order stuff. He works with the cops, put a damm bat signal on the top of his of the police HQ. Hell he also beleave in redemtion. He does try to reform his villans from time to time.  He puts them on a team from time to time.  Actully tried to help two face, Clayface harely, Ivy. Gave ivy a second chance when she took over gotham central park

He a bit of a softy bleeding heart when all said and done.  That why I always like when he met Judge Dredd. Batman may be trying to save a system that cant be saved.

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 10:22:24 PM »
If he believed in law and order he'd be a cop.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 09:59:52 AM »
yes but cops in gotham there no law oe order

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »
I know Bats tries to reform his villains but that's a naive notion when it comes to The Joker.
I mean how many times has he been captured then escaped to kill again?
The death toll is too high for even Bats to ignore much less stick to a high moral ground of reformation.

Whoa...cool idea!
Seriously Bats should build a prison cell in the cave specifically just for The Joker.
Monitor him 24/7 & try & rehabilitate him personally.
Hell, keep him in an induced coma!

shadowknight

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »

and the legal system. Not like he hasnt donated enough money to Arkham where they should be able to keep people in Jail. Or electoructe people

Batman thing is despite being a dark knight of vengenge he still kind of beleave in the law and order stuff. He works with the cops, put a damm bat signal on the top of his of the police HQ. Hell he also beleave in redemtion. He does try to reform his villans from time to time.  He puts them on a team from time to time.  Actully tried to help two face, Clayface harely, Ivy. Gave ivy a second chance when she took over gotham central park

He a bit of a softy bleeding heart when all said and done.  That why I always like when he met Judge Dredd. Batman may be trying to save a system that cant be saved.
I'm not advocating Batman going the full Punisher route and go kill crazy, but selectively killing the worst of the worst like Joker and Zsasz would make Gotham City a lot more livable than arresting 20-30  rapist, muggers or drug pusher that month. Plus with his skills and resources no one would ever find out he did it and to tell the truth no one would know if they're really dead. Finally even if the general public ever found out, due to the damage the Joker & Zsasz has done to GC  residents no jury would ever convict him.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 02:05:28 PM »

I'm not advocating Batman going the full Punisher route and go kill crazy, but selectively killing the worst of the worst like Joker and Zsasz would make Gotham City a lot more livable than arresting 20-30  rapist, muggers or drug pusher that month. Plus with his skills and resources no one would ever find out he did it and to tell the truth no one would know if they're really dead. Finally even if the general public ever found out, due to the damage the Joker & Zsasz has done to GC  residents no jury would ever convict him.

here the issue with that. Most of batman villans have number in the 100 digits. Joker just the most flamboyant. I argue a lot of comic books villans have death counts in that number. Lex and Al Ghul may of killed way more people then the Joker. Chesire Drop a nuke. Harely Quinn killed a shit load of children
http://screenrant.com/most-wtf-things-harley-quinn-suicide-squad-has-done/ Ki

so by that logic yea, he would have to go a bit punisher.  Hell on the henchmen to..because someone had to help plan those bombs in those video games.

the nature of comics make the no killing not a legitmate moral debate. Because they writers always have to up the ante..and and character never stay in Jail. it be kind of like Nolan Batman. Where Joker get arrested and kind of doesnt do shit for 8 years. Only thing that make not killing the Joker an issue is Writers need to up things because he so CRAAAAAAAAAAZY.

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 01:53:58 AM »
Ultimately Batman is a moral coward unable to do what he knows is the right thing. But that's comics.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »
Ultimately Batman is a moral coward unable to do what he knows is the right thing. But that's comics.

so is superman. Lex body count is crazy high. Hell Joker even tried to get superman to kill him or even let him die.

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »
Of course, Superman restraining himself out of fear of being corrupted by his power is FAR more reasonable than Batmans who can't handle a few days with Superman s power without going insane, but yeah.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
Superman doesn't kill because killing would be far, far too easy for him. I don't knock him for that, and he's shown that he'll do what is necessary if there are no other options. Batman, at this point, is just as much responsible for the murders committed by his Rogues. How many times has Joker broken out of Arkham? Keep in mind, that the timeframe for "comics time" is 15-20 years, give or take a few. So...once a year? Twice a year? It's fucking ridiculous.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 02:29:15 PM »
Of course, Superman restraining himself out of fear of being corrupted by his power is FAR more reasonable than Batmans who can't handle a few days with Superman s power without going insane, but yeah.

giving superman has a tendacy to go tyrant or blockbuster when hit with some gray not sure

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2017, 12:44:10 AM »

giving superman has a tendacy to go tyrant or blockbuster when hit with some gray not sure
....with Batman it takes a few days with Superman s power for him to go nuts. This was shown on panel.

Clarks self control with power>>>>Bruce's.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2017, 02:22:40 PM »
Well, Superman's willpower > Batman. This was shown in "Emperor Joker", correct? Batman eventually broke (albeit, several hundred years/deaths later or some shit), but Supes held on juuust a little longer.