Herochat

Wonder Woman is looking good

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
Wonder Woman is looking good
« on: May 24, 2017, 12:03:43 AM »
https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/19/15663226/wonder-woman-early-reviews

Early tweets and reactions seem positive.  Maybe this will be the movie that gives the DCCU some respect.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder Woman is looking good
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:12:32 AM »
question is the finicail box office

and how much doe it needs to rank in to be consider a success.

lot riding on it

For DC
for women superheroes and action films in general

Strawman Abridged

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 12:26:26 AM »
Fuckin DC paying off people to post early good reviews why wonder woman not LGBT

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 12:34:49 AM »
Dunno if it's a good or bad indication but they're giving away free double passes here.

I don't recall any of the other superhero movies doing the same.

Speed of Zound

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »
Most of the hype is from 'gurl powah' like Ghostbusters reboot. Guarantee it.

Panthergod

• +35/-72
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 01:24:26 AM »
Most of the hype is from 'gurl powah' like Ghostbusters reboot. Guarantee it.
Its Wonder Woman. that's the reason for the characters existence. I'm sure this will be at least solidly good.

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:48:13 AM »
I'm likely BY FAR the least anti-SJW person on this board, and even I accept that as long as this flick is passingly mediocre, it will get glowing reviews because of what it is.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
I'm likely BY FAR the least anti-SJW person on this board, and even I accept that as long as this flick is passingly mediocre, it will get glowing reviews because of what it is.

Such a fucking misogynist.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »

Such a fucking misogynist.

What a freakin' CIS-gendered privileged freakin' male.

Just looking at his post makes me sick.

HalloweenJack

• +11/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 11:51:01 AM »

I somewhat fear this as well.

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 11:54:07 AM »

I somewhat fear this as well.

I don't know that I FEAR it... I just know that society WANTS this movie to succeed because it's the first big budget female driven Marvel/DC flick. As long as it isn't 2 hours of Diana flicking boogers, it's going to be heralded as a cinematic glory.

And that's fine. I have no interest in it because I don't care for WW. But I do like DC enough, and I want their DCEU to turn the ship around and start pumping out gems.

ShadowFaggot

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »

Agree - its the first female solo superhero film (of the modern era) and so theres going to be that distorting effect in that a lot off critics are going to want it to be good. Which it may well be but i hate when i'm reading a review and trying to factor that sort of thing into the calculation of whether it is in fact any good or not. The idea that Gadot is amazing i find rather difficult to believe given her performance in BvS but i guess i'm open minded.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
Gal just has to be OK. Think of Arnold in Terminater. If the supporting cast is solid and the story is serviceable, the movie will be a hit with the big summer FX crowd.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
well it what the revies are saying that promising. Seem to be adressing the issue DC has. More actiong, more humor, little more hopefull. People commenting on the good action scenes which promising

Sure some of it may be girl power. Because if this does good that mean that Black widow movie may happen...and maybe ms marvel gets moved a bit faster. Sure that plays into it

But female action films, reviewers dont seem to be affraid to give bad reviews if thought it sucked or so so..and sure they want those to succeed

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:50 PM »
Honestly; suspect it will be better than the Cavill-Superman movies.