Herochat

Would the Punisher be for or against President Duterte's actions?

Strawman Abridged

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Would the Punisher be for or against President Duterte's actions?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 12:37:25 AM »
Only a matter of time til Frank comes across some crooked cops and eventually starts wasting some people Duterte doesn't probably wouldn't want wasted.

shadowknight

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »
Overall he would be Ok with it, and not bother Duerte since his version of the law is only a slight exaggeration of what Frank would be were he a politician. But God help any crooked cops or politician he finds abusing  open season on Drug Dealers to Kidnap  innocent  people or set up their own businesses.

shadowknight

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
From what I understand, there's a ludicrously low burden of proof under Duterte. Basically, someone just has to accuse you of being a drug dealer, and the death squad comes for you. That's what I hear.

Unless the Punisher has changed from how I remember him, that's not enough evidence for even him.
That's not true people are making unsustained claims to try to stop the  killings. Almost 98% of the people being killed were drug users or drug dealers known to the police or known in their neighborhood for either dealing or using drugs.  Even the victims family have gone on record to say their love ones were using drugs or drug dealers, but they usually use a caveat  of saying they never hurt anyone or they weren't big shots in the drug trade. Having said that that the lvl proof used  is far what would be applicable to convict someone in the U.S

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 06:07:49 PM »
From what I understand, there's a ludicrously low burden of proof under Duterte. Basically, someone just has to accuse you of being a drug dealer, and the death squad comes for you. That's what I hear.

Unless the Punisher has changed from how I remember him, that's not enough evidence for even him.
That's not true people are making unsustained claims to try to stop the  killings. Almost 98% of the people being killed were drug users or drug dealers known to the police or known in their neighborhood for either dealing or using drugs.  Even the victims family have gone on record to say their love ones were using drugs or drug dealers, but they usually use a caveat  of saying they never hurt anyone or they weren't big shots in the drug trade. Having said that that the lvl proof used  is far what would be applicable to convict someone in the U.S

Where you get that

Dont know how you can say it be proof to convict with out the abilty to defend yourself and make a case..you know due to being dead

and really how many are users and how many are dealers..

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
also frank wouldnt like that it 98 percent

that would mean 2 percent were innocents

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »

That's true of any legal system with executions in them though.

Always going to be some innocents that get taken out, nature of the biz'.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 12:29:55 AM »

I bet it truer with this..not sure where you getting the 98. And again some of those of drug USERS..not sure if that fits Punisher kill list.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 05:54:06 PM »

I bet it truer with this..not sure where you getting the 98. And again some of those of drug USERS..not sure if that fits Punisher kill list.

No idea where the 98% comes from, just running with it.

If they are purely drug users, I would guess under most portrayals he wouldn't be killing them.

But couldn't say that for sure.

shadowknight

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »

Where you get that

Dont know how you can say it be proof to convict with out the abilty to defend yourself and make a case..you know due to being dead

and really how many are users and how many are dealers..

1. Read phillipine newspapers online

2. If you read my post I said it's far from what would be required to convict someone in a U.S court

3. From everything I've read 2/3-3/4 of the victims were users not dealers