Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Perks at Work  (Read 331 times)

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
Re: Perks at Work
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »

What do you consider a perk though? 

Most employees if they have healthcare provided only have to pay at most 50% of the premiums with employers paying up to 100% for employees and family coverage.

Perks are bonus stuff that not an contractual obligation of the company but you get anyways. You're talking about benefits.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »

I got to kill ppl.

That reminded me of this:

I'll at least admit muslims are ppl.
The worst, most evil, smelliest ppl on earth.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• King
  • "He speaks so well..." - White People Everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 05:35:25 AM »

Eh, my schedule is whatever I say it is (unless the Director of Operations, the ying to my yang, needs my help, which is rare). I have "bosses" (the owners) but nobody really cares what I'm doing as long as I'm doing something. Which mostly just involves sitting on my couch and writing/creating curriculum adjustments, new themes or staff training guidelines. I'm never really "off the clock", in some ways, but for the most part I just do my own thing.

When my wife got pregnant with our 2nd child, the owners put everything together for an infant program so I would not have to deal with finding childcare. Sure, in the long run it added to the business, but not having to pay full price for an infant (and nothing at all once they were in pre-k) over the years saved me around $20k.

I have a company card that I can pretty much buy whatever with, as long as I can justify the purchase. I don't need/use it much, though. The occasional lunch or coffee (for myself) is all I feel comfortable with. Purchases for the company are another matter. No problem dropping several hundred on things for the business. $1k or more I'll get an ok 1st, but I've never been told "no" on a purchase.

I have a small stake in the franchise side of the company (ownership of that consists of me, the Op. Director and the 3 original owners). This just started, but we project in the next year to two years to have around 20 franchisees up and running, which will pay me between $3-5k more a month on top of my salary. This was given to me as a thank you for my years of service (10 years in November).

The company pays for several big outings a year for the upper management. For example; we all went on a cruise to Mexico, families included, all expenses paid this February. Next up is our annual camping trip in July. We're a pretty tight-knit group; kids are all friends and we adults all get along. So, basically, it's a week-long party in the woods. Lots of alcohol, great food and good times. We (myself, Op. Dir. and Site Directors) have lunch or dinner together about once a month on the company dime. It's supposed to be "business" related, but it never really is. We'll spend 5 minutes on work shit and the rest of the time on whatever float's our boat. Lowly peon staff have no idea any of this goes on. We also have a huge Christmas party each year, staff and spouses. Every year for the past 6 or so years, one of the owners has given myself and the other managers a Christmas bonus. I don't EXPECT it each year, but it's been pretty keen to have a lump of extra $$$ around the holidays.

The Op. Dir. or I will spring for lunch once or twice a month for staff at all sites. Usually not a big production, but 2-3 times a year it will be a catered lunch from one of the better restaurants in the area that offers the service. Not a written policy, but everyone gets their bday off (or the Friday closest) & some type of gift card (usually $50), plus lunch wherever they want to go. Staff gets paid, even though they're not actually working that day. Doesn't take from vacation hours.

I get 2 weeks vacation, every year and have paid holidays (if our sites are closed). Sick/vacation hours roll over, so I have an ungodly amount of "sick" time available since I rarely take a paid day off due to illness. I haven't missed a day in about 5 years for illness (and before that it was only twice, once for each of my kids). Gone home a little early, but never called out. Although now my "office" is my house, so it doesn't really matter anymore. I used to donate sick hours to my staff when I was a Site Director, the only rule being that I couldn't dip below 2 weeks of it for myself after the donation.

I've gone to Disneyland for a week 3 of the last 5 years, and each time one of the owners has, somehow, had a $50 Disney gift card "just laying around" for each of my kids. I'm not sure if I'm the only person they've done this for, but it's been awesome.

There's been more, but I don't want to sit here and type all night on my phone lol.

Skeletor...for all intents and purposes...you're Black Dynamite.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 06:15:10 AM »

Free rent or, once I got married and had to move to a bigger apartment, housing allowances.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 11:30:55 AM »

Ditto

• Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:14 PM »

I work for a beer company that sponsors a ton of events and generally can get tickets and merchandise and all that stuff, plus basically unlimited beer which would be cool if I ever really drank. I'd have enjoyed that portion a lot more about 6 or 7 years ago.

Also I'm paid for 40 standard but really only "work" about 32. And I'm paid for every mile I travel.

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »

My office has a break area with a kitchen on one side of the hall and seating across.  Typical coffee maker and water dispenser stuff.  There's an oven which I have never seen used, a microwave and toaster that are used frequently, and a fridge stocked with various soda and iced tea cans/bottles provided by the firm.  Every Friday there's bagels and donuts.  That's about it.
Pages: 1 [2]