Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Nods to Uhtceare: Michael Kyle vs Philip Banks vs Carl Winslow  (Read 548 times)

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile

Uncle Phil, does that include Jefferey?

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile

If ppl are saying they get the sci fi devices built by one guy's next door neighbor, then ppl who pick Phil definitely get the live in butler, or GTFO! :P

TURBODERP

• Mystery
    • View Profile

KEEPING IN MIND that Heathcliff is the Cosby we all thought he was, and not the Cosby that he actually is, I would have to say Heathcliff, but Uncle Phil as a close second

Yeah my decision has nothing to do with the case. Just a matter of comfort. Cosby house never had less than 5-6 people living there. And at higher ends it was like 9. And the house was decently large, but it was a regular sized home in Manhattan.

Phil's place was basically a mansion that was so big you never saw people unless they wwere all in the same spot or someones room. Also it had a poolhouse and was so big iirc Geoffrey had his own quarters as well.

So exact same moral compass, strong fatherly role model, but only 4 siblings in a mansion and I'm rich. Also Phil is a pool shark and if I'm ever hard up on cash, I could learn from him and school a few people.

Having access to Urkel tech is also awesome.

There was also the pool house.

Uncle Phil is definitely the best choice here, easy to get along with, so is the rest of the family for the most part.  Lots of space, nice place to live.

Winslow got Urkel and you just know he's going to make a clone machine that spits out the smoother, hipper version of me, so smooth that even I think he deserves to live more than I do.

And you just can't fight that.

Heathcliff was alright but he's basically the weak-man here and they make a good point about just how many people actually lived in that house at one time.

Well; that and his tendencies to spike everybodies drinks at the BBQ's or how he started dating his wife when he was in college and she was like 15; tv Cosby wasn't that far from real-life cosby when you think about it.....

Wait, Cliff Huxtable started dating Clair when she was 15 and he was in college?

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile

KEEPING IN MIND that Heathcliff is the Cosby we all thought he was, and not the Cosby that he actually is, I would have to say Heathcliff, but Uncle Phil as a close second

Yeah my decision has nothing to do with the case. Just a matter of comfort. Cosby house never had less than 5-6 people living there. And at higher ends it was like 9. And the house was decently large, but it was a regular sized home in Manhattan.

Phil's place was basically a mansion that was so big you never saw people unless they wwere all in the same spot or someones room. Also it had a poolhouse and was so big iirc Geoffrey had his own quarters as well.

So exact same moral compass, strong fatherly role model, but only 4 siblings in a mansion and I'm rich. Also Phil is a pool shark and if I'm ever hard up on cash, I could learn from him and school a few people.

Uncle Phil is definitely the best choice here, easy to get along with, so is the rest of the family for the most part.  Lots of space, nice place to live.

Winslow got Urkel and you just know he's going to make a clone machine that spits out the smoother, hipper version of me, so smooth that even I think he deserves to live more than I do.

Heathcliff was alright but he's basically the weak-man here and they make a good point about just how many people actually lived in that house at one time.

Well; that and his tendencies to spike everybodies drinks at the BBQ's or how he started dating his wife when he was in college and she was like 15; tv Cosby wasn't that far from real-life cosby when you think about it.....

Wait, Cliff Huxtable started dating Clair when she was 15 and he was in college?

It's never explicitly stated as such in those terms, but if you match the timelines of "He said THIS in one episode and then he said THAT in another episode", then... yep. That's the story.

Negashen

• Mystery
    • View Profile

I was trying to think of a third option besides Heathcliff  that would be a good choice between banks and winslow, but I came up short with good candidates

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile

I was trying to think of a third option besides Heathcliff  that would be a good choice between banks and winslow, but I came up short with good candidates

Al Bundy?

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile

You could add in some white dads. Mr. Drummond(Diff'rent Strokes), Danny Tanner(Full House), Dan Conner(Rosanne), etc...

Negashen

• Mystery
    • View Profile

Al Bundy?

Lol, no!

You could add in some white dads. Mr. Drummond(Diff'rent Strokes), Danny Tanner(Full House), Dan Conner(Rosanne), etc...

Those are some good choices, but I wanted to keep it one-race specific.

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile

Al Bundy?

Lol, no!

Those are some good choices, but I wanted to keep it one-race specific.

In that case the only suggestion I have is going beyond that 80's-90's time period. Aside from those three you've got John Evans from Good Times, you've got Julius from Everybody Hates Chris. Andre Sr. from Black-Ish. Michael Kyle from My Wife & Kids. Fred Sanford.  There's a few out there.

TURBODERP

• Mystery
    • View Profile

It's never explicitly stated as such in those terms, but if you match the timelines of "He said THIS in one episode and then he said THAT in another episode", then... yep. That's the story.

Holy shit, never realized that.

Kinda creepy.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile

^^^The signs were there all along...:o

Uhtceare

• Mystery
    • View Profile

^^^The signs were there all along...:o

They really were, right from his Spanish Fly bit, which was one of his earliest bits.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile

I'll admit i gave him the benefit of the doubt at first, but, i was totes wrong.

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile

If ppl are saying they get the sci fi devices built by one guy's next door neighbor, then ppl who pick Phil definitely get the live in butler, or GTFO! :P

Then the course set.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile

I'll see you at brunch then!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4