Herochat

Fit Bit and My Fitness Pal App

MoonGazing

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Fit Bit and My Fitness Pal App
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »
Any of you use them?  Thought about getting a Fit Bit.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Fit Bit and My Fitness Pal App
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
I have a Garmen Forerunner 35. I picked it over any fitbit because its waterproof so I'll be able to wear it when I do the spartan sprint and warrior dash this year. It also was cheaper than a fitbit. I also use My Fitness Pal to keep track of my food. The forerunner seems pretty accurate in keeping track of my calories burned and sleeping patterns and has some basic smart watch functions which come in handy. MFP I basically use to keep track of my calories and ratios. The Garment Connect app does work with MFP so it automatically adds my workouts to MFP so I can compare calories in and calories out pretty easily.

MoonGazing

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »
I just started using MFP 10 days ago to log food and Map My Ride for biking.  One of the issues I read with Fit Bit was the calories being way off from MFP.  Do you see a difference in calories with your Garmin and MFP?

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »
they seem to be on pair with each other with the occasional less than 50 cal difference. Before the Garmen I had a microsoft band and that always read about 100 more calories burned in a work out than the Garmen. MFP will adjust according to garmen which makes me believe the forerunner is more accurate and MFP knows it.

LiquidSailor

• +43/-145
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:31:06 PM »
Yea I don't think that thing is doing much for you, ngl.

DIGUSTING