Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Peter Griffin vs Hank Hill vs Homer Simpson  (Read 494 times)

Red Exodus

• Stonemason
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Griffin vs Hank Hill vs Homer Simpson
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 02:24:00 AM »

Definitely Homer.

The problem with Hank is that he is extremely conservative. Although not to an insane degree, he's not some
abusive "my way or the highway" kind of dad, but part of the humor is watching how seemingly "not serious"
stuff completely ruffles Hank's feathers. I mean there was an entire episode dedicated to Hank not wanting
to pay a late fee on a video he didn't rent, and made a whole court case about it. There was also another time
when Hank was acting younger, asked his wife Peggy if she wanted to fool around, and she got all uncomfortable
because "its in the middle of the day." Also, fuck Hank's dad, and Lu Anne's retarded boyfriend.

The problem with Peter is obvious, the guy's an asshole. Chris killed his one sibling in his sleep and Peter and
Lois told him it was a bad dream. Peter shits on Meg all the time. If any of his pop-culture reference things are
true, Peter's also been raped multiple times or cheated on Lois lots of times too. And don't forget the giant
family fist fight in their house. Despite his "yeah but he learns his lesson later", the fact is that they are all
a family of douchebags in a world where everyone is.

In the Simpsons, moreso than the other two, not only is the family much closer/stronger, but they're much more
respectable and lax than the other two. They may fight more than the Hill family, but they aren't as violent or
horrible to each other as the Griffens are. And the people in their world are actually a lot nicer and more
neighborly (come on, everyone loves Ned Flanders), and they're easier to get along with. Homer is a dope,
but he will absolutely come through out of love for you. He's done it time and time again, a little more than
Hank (but not by much, Hank is the same in a way), but significantly moreso than Peter.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 04:51:45 AM »

Good deal, you guys get/expanded on where i'm at with this.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »

Homer is legitimately retarded. It's funny in thirty minute blocks but would be annoying full time.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 11:15:50 PM »

Again, Homer strangles Bart constantly. Also, Bart is a kid who constantly terrorizes the community and has wrecked buildings and ruined lives.

Hank Hill actually took Luanne under his wing and helped her grow into a responsible adult.

And no way are the Simpsons characters nicer than the King of the Hill characters. You have mobsters, a corrupt mayor, and Nelson.

And for the record, I would have seen Blockbuster burn in hell before I ever paid a late charge!!! :)

Actually, if we were going best dad for all the series, Dale would win. I mean, yeah, he's a conspiracy nut, but he also is a great dad. He's supportive of his son no matter what, actually wants to spend time with him, they have a great relationship, and he even takes care of Joseph when he's sick.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 11:21:30 PM »

Hank is an even better choice if you're talking about starting from infancy.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Negashen

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 03:49:22 AM »

Homer, say what you will about his stupidity, but Homer is closer to Forrest Gump on average more so than full blown retard like Peter. The Simpson verse is actually not a bad place to live in, despite the corruptiin and such its mire if a humorous satire take than a dark and edgy take of real life. Homer has a lot of heart and pulls thriugh when it counts.

The strangulations only come about because Bart is a fucking ass that deserves it, you act more well adjusted and he treats you fine like he does Lis. I would only chose Hank because he would raise me ti be a up standing adult with a well paying jkb and life lessons that help out later in life.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• King
  • "He speaks so well..." - White People Everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »

Homer

Skeletor...for all intents and purposes...you're Black Dynamite.

Uhtceare

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »

than full blown retard like Peter.

Eh, Peter floats between being stupid and being an intelligent deranged sociopath.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 03:45:13 AM »

Disagree. He goes from stupid to stupid deranged sociopath.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »

Are we factoring the rest of the families? Because having the rest of the Griffin's as siblings would probably suck too. Chris wouldn't be bad but Stewie would on occasion try and kill you and at the very least will end with you being hurt. Meg isn't nearly as terrible as the rest of the family would like people to believe but thats the problem with her. She's probably be the easiest to get along with but if you didn't pick on her the rest of the family would probably turn on you.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32:32 PM »

Are we factoring the rest of the families? Because having the rest of the Griffin's as siblings would probably suck too. Chris wouldn't be bad but Stewie would on occasion try and kill you and at the very least will end with you being hurt. Meg isn't nearly as terrible as the rest of the family would like people to believe but thats the problem with her. She's probably be the easiest to get along with but if you didn't pick on her the rest of the family would probably turn on you.

Wasn't Stewie mainly about killing his mom?

And even then that was awhile ago.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 11:42:59 PM »

Mainly but IIRC he's tried to kill Peter too and couldn't care less what happens to Meg and Chris. Brian seems like the only one he even remotely cares about.

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:12 AM »

He's gone out of his way several times to help Chris out.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:37 AM »

Mainly but IIRC he's tried to kill Peter too and couldn't care less what happens to Meg and Chris. Brian seems like the only one he even remotely cares about.

Honestly I can understand wanting to kill Peter more than Lois.

Uhtceare

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »

Honestly I can understand wanting to kill Peter more than Lois.

Well that was kind of the joke in the early seasons, wasn't it? Stewie hates his mother because he misinterprets normal parenting as tyranny. He sees his time in the womb as imprisonment under the most cramped conditions imaginable. He sees her efforts to keep dangerous objects out of his hands as thwarting his schemes and stealing his inventions. Peter is just an irrelevant fat man who happens to be in the area. His negligence means he doesn't do anything Stewie would consider tyrannical. At least that was how it worked for the first couple of seasons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3