Herochat

Well, we knew this was coming. *sigh*

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Well, we knew this was coming. *sigh*
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 08:42:56 PM »
I agree with AP. Gives marvel another opportunity to make more money by redoing the franchise

It's not like they have referenced the Netflix shows in the movies or anything.  It wouldn't screw with continuity at all.

The netflix movies did make references to the movies at various times though.

That doesn't matter if the movies haven't made references and those are the money-makers.  Future films could be all like "So here is a new hero called Daredevil who has never been on a single mission ever because he is 100% new and has never fought a fat dude named Wilson Fisk... also Netflix can eat our asses" and nothing will be contradicted.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 09:09:55 PM »
I agree with AP. Gives marvel another opportunity to make more money by redoing the franchise

It's not like they have referenced the Netflix shows in the movies or anything.  It wouldn't screw with continuity at all.

Barely.  "The incident", "the big green guy", "then New York happened" etc.  Very vague, non-specific stuff really.

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »

Barely.  "The incident", "the big green guy", "then New York happened" etc.  Very vague, non-specific stuff really.

I mean, DD's 1st season and the weapons used in Luke Cage were directly linked to the first Avengers movie.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 09:43:06 PM »

They did it to the point that it started to get on my nerves. Just say “Hulk” ffs.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 09:45:26 PM »

I mean, DD's 1st season and the weapons used in Luke Cage were directly linked to the first Avengers movie.

If they directly said "Avengers" or "Chitauri" or what have you then fair enough.  Here's the exchange from the wiki, which falls in line with the kind of indirect speech the Netflix shows loved to use:

"Based on a prototype by Hammer. The rounds are a composite, invisible to metal detectors. And they incinerate forensic evidence, so they are untraceable."
"What kind of metal does that?"
"Nothing from this Earth."
"The Incident?"
"That's what I hear. If you wanted to kill Jesus, that's the bullet you'd use. That's why they call it the Judas."

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:49:39 AM »
The show referencing the movies isn't going to effect anything if the reboot which they would definitely do if they were going to do any of the shows again. The problem would have come from the movies referencing anything that happened in the shows or if they popped up in a movie. For all intent and purpose with the exception of Shield none of the other stuff exist.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Today at 05:00:55 AM »

RIP Netflix Marvel, you delivered some of the most original fun content in years.

As the article stated...13 seasons combined...161 one hour episodes.

I dunno whether to brag about watching all that or brand myself a glutton or sloth..?