Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What percentage of the problems in the ME are due to inbreeding?  (Read 937 times)

ProjectCornDog

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
Re: What percentage of the problems in the ME are due to inbreeding?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 04:46:41 PM »

Fair enough, there were good points made in that thread that makes me consider the other side of it. I have been a fan of Marvel -typically- staying away from religion (few characters are uber religious like Nightcrawler and they aren't the forefront of a series). If she was wearing a burqa I'd have serious issues with it (I assume her civilian side doesn't wear one either) but since it's not shoved in your face it's not as bad as I initially thought. If Islam is going to stay then I'd want the religion to have the reformations most religions had to be able to co-exist with a modern world. That doesn't mean I don't think we shouldn't have a discussion about religions entirely, I think that is essential.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »

You have this weird initial over reactionary response to a lot of things. Case in point the snopes comments you just made. It seems to imply snopes won't fact check it because it will make Muslims looks bad because of some agenda but Snopes only really responds to memes and urban legends. Snopes doesn't really respond to the actual news unless its some missleading headline like Rape and Sexual assault being a pre-existing condition.

http://www.snopes.com/sexual-assault-pre-existing/

Which IMHO they are being pretty even handed on the response because personally if you make all the effects of being raped pre-existing conditions then you just made rape one in a roundabout way.

Anyways because of this initial over reaction you've gotten people a little more extra skeptical on the idea you bring forward.

Wyntyr

• Global Moderator
  • Prince Akeem Joffer
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 05:13:42 PM »

Snopes is afraid to investigate the allegations that Bob Saget raped and murdered a girl in 1997

ProjectCornDog

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »

You have this weird initial over reactionary response to a lot of things. Case in point the snopes comments you just made. It seems to imply snopes won't fact check it because it will make Muslims looks bad because of some agenda but Snopes only really responds to memes and urban legends. Snopes doesn't really respond to the actual news unless its some missleading headline like Rape and Sexual assault being a pre-existing condition.

??? Maybe their homepage but their Facebook is really up to date and constantly updating regarding political facts.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 07:36:27 PM »

Fair non-warning, Gree. You're rubbing your balls on the rules a bit here. Pull it back a tad.

What?

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »

Which IMHO they are being pretty even handed on the response because personally if you make all the effects of being raped pre-existing conditions then you just made rape one in a roundabout way.

Anyways because of this initial over reaction you've gotten people a little more extra skeptical on the idea you bring forward.

Is the word insane banned from debate?

ProjectCornDog

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »

Fair non-warning, Gree. You're rubbing your balls on the rules a bit here. Pull it back a tad.

What?

Gree, the rules didn't ask for contact with your balls. I'm pretty sure in most states (except like Alabama or something) it's called sexual harassment. Word down the grapeline is that the rules isn't going to sue so it sounds like you're getting a pass on this one bud. Remember that the next time you consider taking off your pants in front of an unsuspecting party.

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »

Since you're gonna open that up I think its a little insane to suggest we shouldn't have moderate Muslim superheroes. Especially when promoting moderate versions of any ideals as a good thing is the most effective way of pulling people away from the extreme end.

True I mean; hell we got moderate Nazi's being represented by Cap nowadays so it seems fair to have a moderate Muslim.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 02:38:10 AM »

Is the word insane banned from debate?

When aimed at a specific person it might be considered insulting.

Wyntyr

• Global Moderator
  • Prince Akeem Joffer
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 02:56:44 AM »

Guy, the guy said "down the grapeline". Insane is a best case scenario.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »

Maybe just part Ricky.

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »

This kind of goes back to the "Peter David" thing though, factoring in what he said about Gypsies.

Sure these are moderate muslims but do we have any "non-moderate" main character Muslim's or villains in Marvel or DC comics?

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »

On ones that are US citizens? In some aspects yes and some no. On ones in the Middle East? Absolutely not.

Uhtceare

• Doctor Doolittle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »

This kind of goes back to the "Peter David" thing though, factoring in what he said about Gypsies.

Never heard of this before, but having googled it, interesting. http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/10/08/me-and-my-big-mouth/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4