Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: MCU Defenders vs MCU Captain America.  (Read 1064 times)

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
Re: MCU Defenders vs MCU Captain America.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 12:30:34 AM »

I actually think Cap is being undersold here. Only Danny might be on Steve's skill level. But none of them are as fast. He's knocking DD and IF out. He's proven he can take a beating, too. He'll feel their hits and be hurt, but he'll take it.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 12:35:01 AM »

I actually think Cap is being undersold here. Only Danny might be on Steve's skill level. But none of them are as fast. He's knocking DD and IF out. He's proven he can take a beating, too. He'll feel their hits and be hurt, but he'll take it.

Agreed
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 01:37:33 AM »

Ah, now things are getting interesting.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 01:40:24 AM »

Jessica gets hit with a motorcycle. Cage gets dropped kicked off a boat. Danny gets tossed into a propeller. DD gets a decent sparring session until Cap decides to end it.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:59 AM »

Until they show cohesive teamwork I think they'll lose.

Red Exodus

• Stonemason
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 03:33:39 AM »

Pretty much. I actually think Cap takes this fight a fuck lot more then the team does.

For one thing, Cap has greater strength feats then either Jessica or Luke. Based on what Cap has done, I absolutely see Steve being able to not only
affect Luke or Jessica with his punches/kicks, but he could also take their shots as well. Keep in mind that Cap has taken hits from Loki, Ultron, Iron
Man, Winter Soldier, Spider-Man, etc. Luke isn't bringing anything to the table that Cap hasn't fought already. Same for Jessica.

The next thing is speed. Cap can run and move a fuck of a lot faster and better than either of them. Whatever agility Matt or Danny can do, Steve
has out done by leaps and bounds. The only person in the team that does something Cap can't do is Jessica, and that's her super jump. Not that it
will do her much here.

Fighting skill wise, I'm going on a limb and saying Steve is better. He has fought "better" opponents then either of the group has, including Matt or
Danny.

The thing the team doesn't realize here is they're facing a master combat tactician & fighter. Cap knows how to fight multiple opponents at once.
Both against the Chitauri, various heavily armed opponents (in fact, better armed opponents then either of the Defenders have ever dealt with),
and he's already been in a battle royale against super-powered opponents.

Daredevil doesn't make a difference here. Cap so badly outclasses him that he's not even a threat. Luke is waaaaay too slow. I don't see Luke
ever tagging Steve. Jessica is faster, but she doesn't have Luke's toughness, nor does she have the skill to match Steve. Danny doesn't last
long either. Barring a very lucky Iron Fist, which I do see Steve tanking given everything else he's tanked, he doesn't have the physical stats
to beat him out in the long run.

If anything, I can see Steve running circles around them, knowing that this is not a group that trains together (unlike the Avengers), and can
map out how to best take them out well before any of them can take him down. And given how fast and hard Steve can hit, DD goes first
without question. Next is either Danny or Jessica. Luke is the last one standing, but again, he is nowhere near fast enough to tag Cap.

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 07:56:31 AM »

And based off of durability showings I believe can tank at least one IF, based off of what we've seen. Also, judging by the Defenders trailer, it isn't Danny's go to move, which may get him seriously hurt against Cap.

As of how' we've seen them all so far, I think Cap takes 3-4/10 against the team.

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »

The pro-Cap side seems to imply that the Defenders are going to line up and fight Cap one at a time. This isn't a gauntlet; it's a 1-vs-4. And these aren't the elevator jabroneys from WS.

TURBODERP

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 04:32:26 PM »

Cap stronger than Luke?

There is no way Cap (sans shield) is replicating Luke's feat of stopping that car just by bracing and having the car crumple around him while not being budged.

The helicopter feat is impressive but it was described as a "mother lifting car to save baby" adrenaline powered feat. It's Cap's max.

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »

The pro-Cap side seems to imply that the Defenders are going to line up and fight Cap one at a time. This isn't a gauntlet; it's a 1-vs-4. And these aren't the elevator jabroneys from WS.

Yes, because Cap has never fought multiple opponents at once before, right? Dude, he was literally a one-man army during the Chitauri invasion and held off their ground forces. He fought multiple Ultron-bots, as well. The Defenders have nothing he hasn't seen and beaten before.

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »

Is there any indication that Cap can actually put Danny down? He has the whole "the more you hit me, the stronger I become" thing going. People are forgetting that detail from the show, bigly. Not saying that doesn't have an upper limit, or that Cap can't get past that, but it is a factor.

Movie Cap makes people here so wet, and I totally get that, but I def think he's getting oversold by anyone who thinks he has anywhere close to decent odds of taking all four, let alone the Heroes for Hire.
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »

Is there any indication that Cap can actually put Danny down? He has the whole "the more you hit me, the stronger I become" thing going. People are forgetting that detail from the show, bigly. Not saying that doesn't have an upper limit, or that Cap can't get past that, but it is a factor.

Movie Cap makes people here so wet, and I totally get that, but I def think he's getting oversold by anyone who thinks he has anywhere close to decent odds of taking all four, let alone the Heroes for Hire.

Danny doesn't get stronger the more you hit him lol. All that did was allow him to focus. And those were normal humans hitting him, not a Super Soldier. So we aren't forgetting anything as it's irrelevant.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »

Let's see some evidence of them functioning as a cohesive unit or team. Go ahead

I can provide evidence of Cap taking on teams so...

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 05:48:32 PM »

Danny doesn't get stronger the more you hit him lol. All that did was allow him to focus. And those were normal humans hitting him, not a Super Soldier. So we aren't forgetting anything as it's irrelevant.

Stronger punching power as he gets the IF going real quick, but not all over stronger, no. The IF can put out at least as much damage as Cap and Danny is probably similar in skill. Now give him Luke Cage as a tag team partner, a guy who can't fight like Cap, but can fight decently enough and take easily as much punishment as Cap (I suspect a good bit more) and I think you've got a problem for the Super Soldier. That said, I may sell Cap short by saying he doesn't have decent odds against the Heroes for Hire. I think that's a pretty damn close fight, I think H4H probably take it, but could see Cap emerging victorious as well. Perhaps I only sell him short to counteract what I see as an over abundance of Cap love.
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

I think the team's lack of durability aside from Cage is where Cap makes the most ground. Cap was taking shots from IM in Civil War, so he's is in this fight for the long haul, and I'm unsure Matt, Jessica or Danny can handle that kind of intensity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6