Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: James Comey has been fired.  (Read 1395 times)

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
Re: James Comey has been fired.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »

So even though they keep lying about having ties to Russia you don't think we should look into it? Thats some half assed thinking. If everything is on the up and up he should be more open about it.

If we had a formal investigation into every half-truth, lie or fallacy Trump has made then the country would quadruple it's debt. Unless clear evidence presents itself that Trump is a stooge to Russia, I see no reason why we should waste tax payer money investigating it further.

The President and several of his staff lying about conflicts of interest with a foreign nation... particularly Russia... is a big deal. You've fallen into the Trump trap. He lies so much that no one thinks any individual lie is a big deal.

A conflict of interest and the consistent lying about ties to Russia would have had people losing their minds if it had happened with any President from Harry Truman onward.

But because Trump is so sensationally dumb every day, people are willing to give every breach of protocol a pass. Hell, him not divesting fully from his businesses is a major no-no... but oh wait, his children technically run it, so ok. But then he gave his son-in-law and daughter jobs in his administration. Well, I guess everyone is fine with this bullshit now.

namely when the argument was conflicts of interest dont apply to the president. Because it actully less rules for the president reather they have to devest, past president just did it out of common decency. But there is rule for lower picks..which would apply to kids. That they are currently breaking.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »

Question. Has anyone know anything about Trumps personal body guard who seems to be getting in on all the high end meetings and shit? The dude looks Slav as fuck. Right down to wearing Adidas track jackets to meetings with diplomats.

Fifthchild

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »

So you don't think lying about something as probable cause?

Jesus. You'd be the worst cop/parent. Like Chief Wiggum level.

If it's not under oath and they aren't admitting anything illegal,  I don't think half truths warrant a tax funded investigation.

Fifth child should I use simpler words?

On the communications side of things Its less about your vocabulary and more that that was a fantastically poorly constructed sentence. More importantly though I think the idea that because the President of the United States has potentially unlimited conflicts of interest that we should not investigate any of them - including any that relate to a hostile foreign powers attempts to influence the democratic process to its benefit - that seems logically incoherent.

Which incidentally is one of the most galling things about Trump's attempts to dismiss the Russian investigations. I doubt Trump himself was a willing Russian agent of any kind. But even putting aside the fact that he was at one point surrounded by people with all sorts of dodgy associations to that part of the world, and that until more recently he espoused the views of a very Russophilic part of his base, theres the fact that he is willing to downplay and sweep aside unprecedented attacks on American democracy just because they might tarnish, even to the smallest degree, his amazing, best-ever-in-the-history-of-the-world election victory. And lots and lots of people are willing to go along with that because partisanship comes before anything else.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 03:58:58 PM »

So you don't think lying about something as probable cause?

Jesus. You'd be the worst cop/parent. Like Chief Wiggum level.

If it's not under oath and they aren't admitting anything illegal,  I don't think half truths warrant a tax funded investigation.

You mean like Sessions and Flynn did? Which is why there has been effort in investigating them?

Also when a possible witness lies to the cops and the cops find out you think they should just shrug and not look into the witness again?

HalloweenJack

• Crisis Actor
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 08:58:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/862069019301601281

This FBI Director has sought for years to jail me on account of my political activities. If I can oppose his firing, so can you.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 09:53:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/862069019301601281

This FBI Director has sought for years to jail me on account of my political activities. If I can oppose his firing, so can you.

"What's the world coming to when Edward Snowden defends James Comey's role at the FBI? Full on Bizarro-Land"

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »

That Jason Burack fella who is commenting under Snowden's tweet is in full Trump Defense spin mode.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »

It's a special kind of person who thinks Comey was working for Hillary.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2017, 11:39:32 PM »

Hilarious that Comey had to investigate the Dem front-runner AND the GOP President within less than a year. Our country is royally corrupt to a level that hasn't been seen in maybe 100 years.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2017, 11:53:26 PM »

Hilarious that Comey had to investigate the Dem front-runner AND the GOP President within less than a year. Our country is royally corrupt to a level that hasn't been seen in maybe 100 years.

Sad.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »

This guys a god damn giant
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 01:35:30 AM »

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/sean-spicer-spent-several-minutes-hidden-the-bushes

After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We’ll take care of this…. Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him. For 10 minutes, he responded to a flurry of questions, vacillating between light-hearted asides and clear frustration with getting the same questions over and over again.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »

this just makes him look WAY more guilty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7