Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: James Comey has been fired.  (Read 1396 times)

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
Re: James Comey has been fired.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 02:52:31 AM »

IBT estimated Putin's net worth around $200 billion. And financial ties wouldn't have to mean control over Trump. They would provide incentive for Trump to deal with Russia in ways that benefit himself rather than the country. That's not exactly a difficult concept to understand.

Okay Putin's a rich dude but having a guy do business with a country (he is a world class business man) doesn't mean you have leverage over the guy.

Trump has businesses all over the world, if he chooses to govern the country to propel his businesses further he doesn't need Russia to do that. There's a shit ton of things he can do to make his people rich if that's what he chose to do.

Being friends with Russia is better than this Cold War dream the Hillary Clinton and John McCain camp want so badly.

They get a good portion of funding from Russia according to Eric Trump.

http://www.businessinsider.com/eric-trump-golf-courses-russia-funding-2017-5
We have all the funding we need out of Russia," Eric reportedly said.

"Really?" Dodson recalled answering.

"Oh, yeah," he said Eric Trump answered. "We've got some guys that really, really love golf, and they're really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time."

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 03:04:17 AM »

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 03:07:35 AM »

I genuinely would not care if there was financial ties with the people of another nation. Do you believe the Russian government has control over the president of the United States who is probably worth more than Putin's administration put together?

I want to be friends with Russia. Bringing back the Cold War creates an unneeded existential threat, one that the world is better off not having. The Cold War was not a good time, many of the problems America deals with today is largely due to the proxy war America had with Russia.

So you don't care that Trump has said he has no financial ties to Russia during his campaign even though there is recordings of both his sons from just before the campaign saying otherwise?

Or that The Trump Administration and Manifort said he didn't work for Russia even though he had a 10 Mil a year contract with Oleg Deripaska?

Or That Kushner and Flynn met with an Russian Ambassadors just before Obama made sanctions against Russia when Flynn would have known about them?

I mean I can keep going on about how many times Trump lied about ties we later found out were true. If they were so unimportant I don't see why they keep covering them up.

Trump is a liar, is stupid, and/or both. So whether or not he lied about it I don't care if his companies had financial ties with the people of another major country.

Kushner is a Soros loving piece of shit who many say is the reason why we bombed Syria.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »

So even though they keep lying about having ties to Russia you don't think we should look into it? Thats some half assed thinking. If everything is on the up and up he should be more open about it.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 04:04:28 AM »

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 04:28:07 AM »

So even though they keep lying about having ties to Russia you don't think we should look into it? Thats some half assed thinking. If everything is on the up and up he should be more open about it.

If we had a formal investigation into every half-truth, lie or fallacy Trump has made then the country would quadruple it's debt. Unless clear evidence presents itself that Trump is a stooge to Russia, I see no reason why we should waste tax payer money investigating it further.

Thanos6

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:14 AM »

If we had a formal investigation into every half-truth, lie or fallacy Trump has made then the country would quadruple it's debt. Unless clear evidence presents itself that Trump is a stooge to Russia, I see no reason why we should waste tax payer money investigating it further.

That's...that's the point of an investigation.  To GET that evidence.
Writer of The Reformers!

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 04:47:11 AM »

Just because the president lied about something doesn't mean we should look into those lies.

Wait what?

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 10:43:45 AM »

The President and several of his staff lying about conflicts of interest with a foreign nation... particularly Russia... is a big deal. You've fallen into the Trump trap. He lies so much that no one thinks any individual lie is a big deal.

A conflict of interest and the consistent lying about ties to Russia would have had people losing their minds if it had happened with any President from Harry Truman onward.

But because Trump is so sensationally dumb every day, people are willing to give every breach of protocol a pass. Hell, him not divesting fully from his businesses is a major no-no... but oh wait, his children technically run it, so ok. But then he gave his son-in-law and daughter jobs in his administration. Well, I guess everyone is fine with this bullshit now.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 11:18:20 AM »

That's...that's the point of an investigation.  To GET that evidence.

You don't investigate without probable cause and initial evidence. Business dealings with another people of another country does not fulfill that.

An far as 'conflict of interest' goes Tolkien, the dude is a businessman who  still profits off of his businesses, what isn't a potential conflict of interest?

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 01:23:07 PM »

So you don't think lying about something as probable cause?

Jesus. You'd be the worst cop/parent. Like Chief Wiggum level.

Fifthchild

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »

An far as 'conflict of interest' goes Tolkien, the dude is a businessman who  still profits off of his businesses, what isn't a potential conflict of interest?

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »

This is a new level of willful ignorance. He literally explained the conflict of interest in his own question.

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »

So you don't think lying about something as probable cause?

Jesus. You'd be the worst cop/parent. Like Chief Wiggum level.

If it's not under oath and they aren't admitting anything illegal,  I don't think half truths warrant a tax funded investigation.

Fifth child should I use simpler words?

JAXN

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »

Trolling trump style
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7