Herochat

Recons you wouldn't mind seeing.

Not BAMF

• +6/-12
    • View Profile
Re: Recons you wouldn't mind seeing.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:06 AM »
Well they made the x book unreadable for a while now so most of us probably have no ideal what's happen.

Honest to god, this. I really only have a vague idea of what has happened to the X-books since before they even created Utopia. They were all over the fucking place.

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Well, The X-Men have a problem because Disney doesn't own the rights to the movies so they've been put on the back burner.

Oh, and that reminds me, get the past original X-Men back to to the past already! That would get rid of that certain thing they tried to do with teenage Ice Man that Bendis botched horribly.

And this is a small one that probably only I care about...

But Trish Tilby is not horrified by Beast. I hate damn never everything Morrison did in his run, but him breaking Beast up from Trish like that really irked me. Trish was a fun character.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 01:44:35 AM »
I liked Beast with the green haired chick from SWORD.  The past X-men in the present was actually fun in the beginning. But then around the time they made one iceman gay and the other not was when it stopped being fun.

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 02:01:42 AM »
I liked Beast with the green haired chick from SWORD.  The past X-men in the present was actually fun in the beginning. But then around the time they made one iceman gay and the other not was when it stopped being fun.

To say nothing of the fact that Bendis apparently believes people who have relationship problems is a sign of repressed sexuality.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »
The Rick Jones/A-Bomb stuff has gone away. It wasn't necessarily retconned but A-Bomb is no longer a thing and it had no actual long term impact on the character.

Bout as much of an impact as Rick Jones being a hulk back during the fixit days.

Make Wolverine's origin unknown.

The Cap and Hydra thing; honestly it seems like this could have been a good story-line to do the USAgent with, hell he was practically created to do these kind of things.

A good face turn with Bishop would be to make him kind of the current generation "Freedom Force" leader for the government, the guy who brings mutants in and keeps them under control.

Kind of what he did in the future anyways for the XSE.

Have conflict with Bishop and others without having to turn him "evil".

Thanos6

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 10:01:05 PM »
...I was just about to post "bring back Ted Kord" and "make Maxwell Lord a good guy again" when I remembered this is the Marvel forum.  :-[

Let's see, make Peter and MJ married again.

Quit turning heroes evil.  I'd prefer to have a character I liked dead then evil, because in comics, death is easier to come back from.

Oh!  On that note, make Sandman a hero again.
Truten forever!

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »
Things that I think will eventually happen, but

- Bring classic Wolverine back.
- Make Captain America not a nazi again.

Then some arbitrary feeling deaths and face-turns in the X-verse.

Bishop, Banshee, Forge, all somewhat peripheral characters, but lets have them just be around, alive, and not evil again. Xavier too for what it's worth. Marrow? Get rid of her, sure. Leave Jubilee a vampire, whatever, but these other moves feel too temporary or like cheap ways to create interest to me w/o a real need for it. And while I'm on it, let's sort out the Juggernaut business if it hasn't been sorted already.

Thanos6

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 07:52:09 PM »
Let's see, make Peter and MJ married again.
Hell yes.

The funny thing is, if you asked me to go back in time to the 80s and influence the Spidey books, I would tell the writers to keep him paired up with Black Cat, because I simply personally prefer them as a couple.

But nevertheless, I recognize that Peter's marriage to MJ was a huge, character-changing, character-defining move that never should have been undone once it happened.
Truten forever!

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 01:16:36 AM »
I preferred Spidey and Black Cat too.  Even though it was a flawed relationship which made it more interesting.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 01:20:41 AM »
Quit turning heroes evil.  I'd prefer to have a character I liked dead then evil, because in comics, death is easier to come back from.

I hate this so much yet they constantly do it and the next writer to come along has to do the hard job finding away to make them good again.
One of mines is the same as Gree I want Middle age Logan back and I like my Sabretooth evil.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 03:30:04 AM »
Nothing that happens in comics ever matters within the confines of the actual universe itself so why even complain about it? Seems like a useless thing to get your panties in a bunch over. Comics could not get any less trivial if they tried.

Thanos6

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »
I liked Spidey & Black Cat, but i liked Peter & MJ more if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense.  Flip it around and it describes me.  I like Peter and MJ, I just like Spidey and Black Cat more.
Truten forever!

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
I preferred Spidey and Black Cat too.  Even though it was a flawed relationship which made it more interesting.
BC wasnt intrrested in Peter, though, which was a deal breaker for me as a fan.
She was that girl you boned who was interested in clubbing, not hearing about your personal life. Fun, but no long term potential.

Y3ah I know which was why I liked it for some odd reason.

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
Get rid of Taskmaster's amnesia (if he still has it). It was stupid in Unstoppable.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 05:00:40 AM »
So that really became a thing.  I expected it to be dropped as soon as whoever came up with it stopped writing anything with Taskmaster.