Herochat

The physical embodiments of death ever all get together?

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
The physical embodiments of death ever all get together?
« on: May 20, 2017, 09:52:05 AM »
I think I've seen a scene where the Black Racer and Death of the Endless are both there. I know of one other physical manifestation of death for those connected to the speed force, the Black Flash. Any others?

What kind of exchanges have they had?

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
Re: The physical embodiments of death ever all get together?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
Good wuestion

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 06:35:08 PM »
I think I've seen a scene where the Black Racer and Death of the Endless are both there. I know of one other physical manifestation of death for those connected to the speed force, the Black Flash. Any others?

I think Captain Atom had a scene where he was near death and going on some kind of after life trip at one point he gets on a boat and see's multiple incarnations of death.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »

Gaiman retconned that.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 07:53:42 PM »

Gaiman retconned that.

I knew he wasn't a big fan of it; that Death wasn't the "nice" death she was simply death, all death(s).

Though she didn't say she was, that's what Captain Atom said she was.  She just didn't "rock" the boat so to speak.

That and ultimately, existing in the DC verse does kind of impact that aspect of "being" death, she's not unique there.

Every different Death, Grim Reaper, Thanatos plus some other dimensional or alien variations all exist.

Technically she's not even "death" herself, more like the current holder of the title.