Herochat

GOTG 2 reviews

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Re: GOTG 2 reviews
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »
Well he did plant those seeds on other planets, so maybe if we are lucky they will use that as an excuse to bring him back. Like a bit of his essence survived.

I fucking hope so. Story-wise, Thanos defeating the cosmic host is a great moment. Not just for the fireworks display of weirdness and power. But when Thanos defeats the heroes, you think to yourself, "Damn, they almost had him." Then when he defeats the cosmic host, you realize, "Fuck... they never really had a chance."

Now sure, things will be scaled down a bit for the MCU, but Ego seemed like a no-brained if you have that scene. And without that type of scene, I think it will hard to convey Thanos as being a bigger threat than Ego or Ultron or Hela or Dormammu.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »
Well he did plant those seeds on other planets, so maybe if we are lucky they will use that as an excuse to bring him back. Like a bit of his essence survived.

I fucking hope so. Story-wise, Thanos defeating the cosmic host is a great moment. Not just for the fireworks display of weirdness and power. But when Thanos defeats the heroes, you think to yourself, "Damn, they almost had him." Then when he defeats the cosmic host, you realize, "Fuck... they never really had a chance."

Now sure, things will be scaled down a bit for the MCU, but Ego seemed like a no-brained if you have that scene. And without that type of scene, I think it will hard to convey Thanos as being a bigger threat than Ego or Ultron or Hela or Dormammu.

I'm wondering if we'll see Thanos take down Odin, Dormmy, and maybe whatever cosmic being that could be introduced in Captain Marvel.  They could throw in a few traditional Celestials too, I guess.  And maybe the Watcher.  It won't have the punch of seeing Thanos take down Galactus, Eternity, et al. but hopefully we will see something along those lines.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2017, 06:55:15 AM »
Yeah, I think Ego would've given the scene some "punch" because we saw how powerful he was in Guardians 2, and audiences more easily associate "big" with "powerful" as well.

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:50 AM »
Interesting that movie Yondu is a space-redneck when the comic version is clearly a space-indian.

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2017, 04:05:18 AM »
Finally saw it.

Kinda felt the Ego storyline dragged on a bit.

I'm seriously over yet another superhero movie with a "ticking bomb countdown" for its climax.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
Here were some gripes I had:

1) Mantis can force a god-like being to sleep against its will? If the Sovereign hadn't messed her up, Guardians defeat a god in a fucking cakewalk.

2) The mining/vault cracking ship... defeats a shit ton of Sovereign drone ships. Crazy big cop out moment.

3) The one-inch-man joke was incredibly dumb and forced.