Herochat

Twin Peaks: Was Mike/MFAP/ good or evil?

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
Twin Peaks: Was Mike/MFAP/ good or evil?
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
Been rereading the books and rewatching the show before the new season and I always thought this was a fun discussion topic.

Gree

• +47/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Peaks: Was Mike/MFAP/ good or evil?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 01:23:22 PM »
Will rewatch

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:33:39 PM »
Will rewatch

You should.

I expect the new episodes could lead to some interesting discussions.

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 11:43:36 PM »
I only clearly remember 2 or 3 Twin Peaks Episodes because I was young when the show was new and never had access to the show until recently. I have no investment beyond a bunch of actors I like from later projects being on the show. I'd like to check it out, but does it hold up?

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:58:42 PM »
I only clearly remember 2 or 3 Twin Peaks Episodes because I was young when the show was new and never had access to the show until recently. I have no investment beyond a bunch of actors I like from later projects being on the show. I'd like to check it out, but does it hold up?

It's a very mixed bag

The stuff with Cooper and the murder mystery is vey good and where 90% of the shows most memorable scenes come from. This is where pretty much everything that has influenced other shows come from. IT takes an episode or two for Coopers plot line to really get going but when it does it is really good.

However there are a ton of characters and side plots ranging from mediocre to horrible especially in the second season. The Filler hits Coopers plot line too for a bit and the show kind of stumbles along until it gets back on track.

So an awesome core dragged down by a lot of subpar material added in.

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:07 AM »
Has anyone started watching the new episodes?

superlurker

• +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »
Yeah, saw the first four of the new episodes. It feels a bit like jumping into deep water; it really builds tightly off the end of the old series. The effects are sort of amusingly dated at times, but also quite effective at other points. Overall, the entire thing feels quite different from the old show, but not necessarily for the worse.

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »
Yeah, saw the first four of the new episodes. It feels a bit like jumping into deep water; it really builds tightly off the end of the old series. The effects are sort of amusingly dated at times, but also quite effective at other points. Overall, the entire thing feels quite different from the old show, but not necessarily for the worse.
I feel like it's the more modern take the show needed, so "different" only in that it's evolved

Also sexy  women that get naked

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »
And Mike was evil

He and Bob were literally rapist, murdering partners.

But he repented and cut off his own arm (which is the midget)

Was evil, is no longer evil.

That's not really a "debate", that's just the facts of the situation we have now going forward