Herochat

SJWs go after Marvel (of course)

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
Re: SJWs go after Marvel (of course)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »
Yeah I don't like the idea either. I'm OK with the story reason for it but if It turns out he was Hydra all along and that him being the American ideal was a sham I'm gonna be pissed.

Especially when they try to replace Hydra Cap with a Teenage Cap and we have to Heroes Reborn this shit to fix the fuck up.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 04:52:33 PM »
I do agree that anyone who is triggered by a Hydra t-shirt, or thinks it's promoting the historical Nazis, is a fucking goon. I had more common sense when I was reading comics as a pre-teen child.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 04:56:41 PM »
I get not wanting to wear it. I don't get giving other people a legit hard time for wearing it.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »
I don't. It's a fictional organization, it's long outgrown its relationship to real-world Nazis, and it's been decades since WWII ended. For most kids reading comics when I was young, Hydra was Cobra in green uniforms. These people are getting emotional over nonsense. If someone doesn't want to wear the shirt because they think it looks ugly or just don't like being told what to wear, cool. If they think the shirt is promoting Nazi ideology they're a bit thick, m8.

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 05:15:43 PM »
You don't have to not think it promotes Nazi or think its ugly to not want to wear it. I generally don't wear anything promoting the bad guys. I just don't identify with villains.

But I disagree with the idea it has outgrown its relationship to real-world Nazis. Hydra is basically part of pop culture right now because they were the Nazi villains of Captain America: First Avengers.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 05:18:54 PM »
Does modern-day Hydra recruit minorities? Can a Jew join Hydra? These are the pressing questions of our time.

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »
In the MCU yeah. But they changed their end goal to oppressing/killing powered people so they just redirected their genocidal hate.

In the MU I'm pretty sure they still wanted to kill/oppress minorities of all kinds.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »
Yeah I don't like the idea either. I'm OK with the story reason for it but if It turns out he was Hydra all along and that him being the American ideal was a sham I'm gonna be pissed.

Especially when they try to replace Hydra Cap with a Teenage Cap and we have to Heroes Reborn this shit to fix the fuck up.
The thing about warping reality means you can make anything the "truth" because you're changing the building blocks of everything. A reality warper could make Cap being evil the "truth" and then it could be undone so him being a good guy becomes the "truth" again.

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »
I totally get that but those types of story lines always bother the fuck out of me. Like in the Buffy episode Normal Again when they decided to flash Buffy in the Asylum one last time putting everything in question going forward. Fuck those shenanigans.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »
It's just a shitty way to undermine a character. I just have no interest in seeing Cap rewritten as having always been Hydra. It'd be another thing if the story had him getting brainwashed.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »
Well, rewriting the history of the character and leaving everybody else the same is kind of brainwashing that he shouldn't be able to overcome with willpower or whatever. This is going to require outside interference to change.

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 02:38:49 AM »
When people wear t-shirts with the Joker on it, would these same people get offended for promoting murder?

Dlbiininja

• +16/-8314
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
I think of Hydra I don't think Nazis.  Despite them having their origins during WWII.  They didn't necessarily seem to want to follow that ideology.  But, did so because it served their purpose and agenda.  So, you could say they do have a valid point due to association.  But, you could also counter.  Hydra isn't real either.  Nazis were.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 03:41:51 PM »
When people wear t-shirts with the Joker on it, would these same people get offended for promoting murder?

I get annoyed every time some idiot shares a Joker/Harley meme implying they are a great love story on facebook.

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »
Bingo.

I get why PcD is irked.

If the retailers were actively not selling the comics I would agree but they still are.