Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Emil Blonksy vs. Daredevil (MCU)  (Read 315 times)

TURBODERP

• Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Emil Blonksy vs. Daredevil (MCU)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 06:03:52 AM »

Blonsky's healing factor may have even been above Cap. Judging from how Cap responded to helicarrier fight at the end of Winter Soldier.

Maybe but then I can't help but to think Cap wouldn't have gotten as fucked up by the Hulk kick as Blonsky.

Dunno, without the shield, I think Cap gets bodied by that.

In Winter Soldier, even falling out of the building was portrayed as a "do not do this without the shield unless you want hospital stay" and even that needed Cap to take a few seconds (clearly in pain) to get up from.

I'm sure Cap takes it better than Blonsky but I think Cap still gets demolished by that kick (assuming no shield and Cap is literally standing there going "lol hit me u wuss" and not bracing)

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:44 AM »

Blonsky's healing factor may have even been above Cap. Judging from how Cap responded to helicarrier fight at the end of Winter Soldier.

Maybe but then I can't help but to think Cap wouldn't have gotten as fucked up by the Hulk kick as Blonsky.

In Winter Soldier, even falling out of the building was portrayed as a "do not do this without the shield unless you want hospital stay" and even that needed Cap to take a few seconds (clearly in pain) to get up from.

I'm sure Cap takes it better than Blonsky but I think Cap still gets demolished by that kick (assuming no shield and Cap is literally standing there going "lol hit me u wuss" and not bracing)

Totally.  I'm not saying it's something Cap would just shrug off, but I don't see him getting quite as damaged as Blonsky either.  That would end the fight for Cap and he'd likely end up in the hospital as well, but I don't see it being a life altering experience as it would have been for Blonsky if he didn't heal.

TURBODERP

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 06:50:23 AM »

Totally.  I'm not saying it's something Cap would just shrug off, but I don't see him getting quite as damaged as Blonsky either.  That would end the fight for Cap and he'd likely end up in the hospital as well, but I don't see it being a life altering experience as it would have been for Blonsky if he didn't heal.

That's probably what would be depicted in the film. Hulk definitely wasn't giving it his all in that kick-there was that angry "screw you" smirk and the kick, but it was more of a punt.

Panther might live, as might Winter Soldier (if Bucky can block with the arm), but people like Widow/Hawkeye/etc. get killed.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »

There's no may have about it
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 12:14:19 AM »

Watched the clips. Emil punches Matt's head off.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 12:29:11 AM »

This guy gets it

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 03:10:56 AM »

I never saw this movie but have heard of this scene. Is there a reason why Blonsky tried to commit suicide by Hulk by letting himself get kicked?

It was because he's a fucking 'tard.  Only, a fucking 'tard would allow a massive green one thousand plus pound beast kick him in the chest.  And Blonsky's that fucking 'tard.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 03:50:42 AM »

Blonsky after his stat increase but before getting kicked into a coma by Hulk goes up against the Devil of hell's Kitchen.

Two Fights

1) Blonsky has his gear when he's shooting and running at Hulk, Daredevil has his suit and batons.

2) Neither have any gear. Just street clothes.

1.)

On one hand DLB's got a point.

On the other hand; Blonsky's got what, grenade launcher and a couple pistols?

He's not Punisher's level but with a grenade launcher does he need to be?

2.)  Blonsky's stats make a pretty good showing here, that being said, no indication that his HTH skills are anything special.  I'm mean, literally I'm not sure we ever see any.

So presumably some kind of special forces training for the elite of the game but I'm not sure if that means anything for your streets even in Netflix.

Blonsky jumps around a little bit, makes a decent showing but well honestly I don't know, Netflix-Matt's had some good showings but some also not that amazing one's.  Even in season 2 so......eh I'll just say Blonsky tanks the attacks with his durability+healing until he manages to either tag DD good enough to ko him or wears him down/slows him down with the odd hit here there until it's over.

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »

1. Blonsky had an over inflated ego from the beginning.
2. Blonsky was over confident in his abilities in relation to his opponents.
3. Blonsky ended up fucked up due to his ego.
4. He's a fucking tard for overestimating what he thought he could do.

Even Oates would get fucked up with a kick to the chest from the Hulk. 
My best comparison would be bullfighters, and bull riders and what happens to them
As an example.  Even, being rammed by a car is a good comparison.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »

The only thing I can guess is he thought he could just keep on dodging every shot the Hulk made like he had managed to do earlier.

Otherwise yeah; it's a practically suicidal level of narcissism.

His stats give him a pretty decent advantage but no reason to think he's got comparable skill and he's crazy egotistical in what he might do, or doesn't do in the hulk case, in a fight.

I want to give him the fight but Blonsky was really just a goddamn moron.....

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 07:58:31 PM »

I'm thinking a fight between him and DD would be much like DD fights fight against Nobu. 
With Blonsky still losing due to his ego. 

Unless, we're talking about Affleck DD then he's dead.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 09:44:39 PM »

Blonsky could afford to be arrogant here.  If he let Matt get a shot off, I doubt it would do much.  Otherwise, he has him beat on every physical level and has enough skill to hang with him at the very least.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »

The logic from some people in this thread is why people think Comic Cap wouldn't be able to hurt Movie Thor.

Blonsky would literally tear MATT limb from limb, anyone who doesn't see that needs a serious reevaluation of how they judge things.

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

The logic from some people in this thread is why people think Comic Cap wouldn't be able to hurt Movie Thor.

Blonsky would literally tear MATT limb from limb, anyone who doesn't see that needs a serious reevaluation of how they judge things.

Difference is Blonsky doesn't have that large a strength increase in proportion to comparing Cap to Thor or the other abilities which clearly favor Thor as well.  Daredevil's still relatively close enough to where a good armbar or joint lock could break and render Blonsky as irrelevant in a fight.   

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 10:10:34 PM »

lol. He healed from having every bone broken in his body by Hulk kicked overnight. I don't think "a good armbar" is going to stop him. Matt is vastly outclassed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3