Herochat

Battle of the Power Ranger Monsters

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
Battle of the Power Ranger Monsters
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:09 PM »
Scenario 1:

Every Villain with every monster that was connected to them versus each other at once, Rita, Rita's Father, Zedd, Count Dregon, Maligore, whoever the heck I'm missing.

Scenario 2:

Which monster was the most....

Skilled:
Competent:
Best Brawler:  For a monster you think might be the best fighter but isn't technically a ninja or something.....

Scenario 3:

Who had the best minions?  Your putty's etc.....

HalloweenJack

• +13/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Power Ranger Monsters
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:01:25 PM »
just from what I watched as a kid, as far as minions went, I'd say the Tengas were the best minions.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »
I've been reading the Boom! Power Rangers comic recently, and the annual had a bunch of villain references that I wiki'ed.  From what I read, there's a cosmic head villain the others like Zedd and the Zeo/Turbo/Space villains worship called Dark Specter.  Lord Zedd and Rita apparently ran from the Machine Empire's army at the start of Zeo, but have more personal power than the robot lords.  In terms of personal power rather than military might, I'd say:

Dark Specter
Master Vile (Rita's father)
Lord Zedd
Rita
King Mondo
Astronema
Divatox

As far as the monsters, I can't remember them to really say beyond the top generals like Goldar (which weren't really monsters of the week). 

herochat

• +102/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 10:38:20 PM »
That giant soldier pig wins
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
Fuck you bruh, Goldar fucking solos faggot.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 12:55:23 AM »
I've been reading the Boom! Power Rangers comic recently, and the annual had a bunch of villain references that I wiki'ed.  From what I read, there's a cosmic head villain the others like Zedd and the Zeo/Turbo/Space villains worship called Dark Specter.  Lord Zedd and Rita apparently ran from the Machine Empire's army at the start of Zeo, but have more personal power than the robot lords.  In terms of personal power rather than military might, I'd say:

Dark Specter
Lord Zedd
Rita
King Mondo
Astronema
Divatox

As far as the monsters, I can't remember them to really say beyond the top generals like Goldar (which weren't really monsters of the week).

Depends they did ran at the sight of them, though King Mondo's wife seemed to think they could be a problem and they did get taken out by them pretty easily there near the end with that "gift" of theirs.

Honestly; the biggest advantage for the Machine Empire was probably simply size/resources, unlike Rita and Zedd, they actually had a full on army of sorts.  Though they may have less "monsters" of the week.

If I had to guess, probably only The Armada that appears in a later time has a close comparison on that count for henchmen or soldiers.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 01:28:07 AM »

Dark Specter
Lord Zedd
Rita
King Mondo
Astronema
Divatox

Randomly clicked on it and intrigued but the Green Ranger White Ranger fusion

Propeus The Fallen

• +13/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 04:55:36 AM »
Tengus definitely are the best minions. Especially after they got powered up by Master Vile. They kicked the crap out of the Robot Empire's minions.

I'll give Rito Repulsa some love. He was an idiot (and funny as hell) but he did do his share of damage.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »
Dark Spectre seems to be iffy; on one hand he seemed to be able to get everybody to more or less do what he wanted.

Zedd, King Mondo, Divatox and so on.

On the other hand; he was pulling off the power of Zordon at that same time for a power up, while also having Astronema using the Dark Fortress to draw power from for herself.

And he got essentially killed by one missile and finished off with another, both from Darkon, that's not something I see any of your random giant monsters of the week, zords etc.....going down to.  Though those may have been planet busting missiles, if so that means a couple blasts from Serpentara could have finished him off pretty good.

So he was big, could teleport and managed to get all the main villains of the time to join his "United Alliance of Evil" to wage war on earth and the power rangers.

Apparently it was going to be established that he was of the same species as Maligore, or at least was referred to as in the behind the scenes writing, Divatox's ex-fiance.

That's not really here or there, just something.