Herochat

Five Choices!

TURBODERP

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Five Choices!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:31 AM »
One has to try to focus more on the gifts and less on the minutiae of possible problems--I've tried to cover some of the possible problems, but you can't get them all. But basically, if you roll back the clock, people will know you did. You will probably have 15 min. of fame, but no one is putting you in jail or locking you in a lab.

So if you go back to 15, people know you were once older. They may be weirded out by that. But there's no real secret.

Choice 2 is if I'm selfish; Choice 1 is more generous as I can help everyone I know.

Of course, me nitpicking stuff is kinda defeating the point here.

1 is probably the safe option for most people though. 10 billion dollars is a ton of money. Even if it just sits in the bank, that's enough income passively earned to last you a lifetime. You can withdraw small amounts at a time too, to avoid raising suspicions from friends/family/anyone who will ask for a "small loan"

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »
If I'm say 60, though, I'd choose resetting the clock over anything.

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8312
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 02:34:14 AM »
I'm going with
1 and 3.

I feel that some of the of the things I had the ideas for in my past would have been accomplished with the capital at my younger age.  I honestly would like to do more as a philanthropist on a much larger scale.  Set something up that would survive off the interest alone. 

I like being where I want to be when I want to be there and fast.  And I hate dealing with airports and the large crowds.  Even, when I've planned to get to where I need to be early in Seattle traffic has made me late as fuck.  The road options fucking suck ass during the rush hour times.  And that's with the alleged improvements they've made in the area with light rail, trains and metro.  And I think I'd actually, get home to LA more oft and go visit my brothers and some old friends more frequently. 

I had considered the 200 IQ thing.  But, I've dealt with bullshit just because I am smarter than others.  Which, I had no issue making it known.  I know that it doesn't necessarily lead to being well paid and or success.  I mean when you have idiots in positions and they fell threatened by you.  They will do things to prevent your success and potential for advancement.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:21:04 PM by Dlbiininja »
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

TURBODERP

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:24 AM »
If I'm say 60, though, I'd choose resetting the clock over anything.

Makes sense-the older you get, the better of an option it becomes, easily. Of course, if you get too old (70+) it probably becomes less attractive since a lot of the people you love and care about the most (sans children) are dead/dying/your age, and having them all die and move on without you is pretty rough. Lotta older folk (80+) are okay with dying, especially if their loved ones and friends have died too.

Out of curiosity, what age would you reset yourself to?

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 03:00:24 AM »
I'd choose the max and go to fifteen. Why not get every extra year?

Jessie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »
Right now?  #1 because money is king.

Teleportation is almost almoooost what I picked, but I'd rather not even need to do anything to be able to afford stuff lol.  However, if I was older and my chronic injuries would worsen, I'd have taken the de-aging in a heartbeat.  Then teleportation would still be 2nd ha

Snake-eyes

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »
If #2 actually sent you back in time, I'd take it. otherwise I'll take the money.

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 05:05:10 PM »
Absolutely #5. It's not the IQ, it's the "20% better than the best person the world has ever seen at any one intellectual or creative discipline." That's absolutely insane. As DLB so humbly put it, having a high IQ isn't useful without something to back it up.  Intelligence without ambition or perseverance is useless, but if you're 20% better than anyone has ever been at a single discipline, then you have to have developed your intelligence into something useful.

At this point in my life, the money is pointless. I'm dirt poor, but I also have maybe a decade of life left, if that. There's nothing I could do with the money to make it worth the wish. The youth sounds interesting, but that could make my marriage a bit of a problem. I suppose I could drop it back to 18, so my wife wouldn't be considered a pedophile, and so I could make changes to my life early enough to make a difference.

But really, in a world where magic genies exist, money and extra life become far too mundane. I'd need something that would allow me to further explore how weird the world really is. That would make teleportation more interesting, but I wouldn't really have any idea where to go. And besides, maybe there wouldn't be anywhere to go to make it worth the wish.

So, back to the intelligence/skill. I'm not sure exactly which discipline I would choose - physics, genetics, computer science? All have possibilities.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 06:16:15 AM »

shadowknight

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Absolutely #5. It's not the IQ, it's the "20% better than the best person the world has ever seen at any one intellectual or creative discipline." That's absolutely insane. As DLB so humbly put it, having a high IQ isn't useful without something to back it up.  Intelligence without ambition or perseverance is useless, but if you're 20% better than anyone has ever been at a single discipline, then you have to have developed your intelligence into something useful.

At this point in my life, the money is pointless. I'm dirt poor, but I also have maybe a decade of life left, if that. There's nothing I could do with the money to make it worth the wish. The youth sounds interesting, but that could make my marriage a bit of a problem. I suppose I could drop it back to 18, so my wife wouldn't be considered a pedophile, and so I could make changes to my life early enough to make a difference.

But really, in a world where magic genies exist, money and extra life become far too mundane. I'd need something that would allow me to further explore how weird the world really is. That would make teleportation more interesting, but I wouldn't really have any idea where to go. And besides, maybe there wouldn't be anywhere to go to make it worth the wish.

So, back to the intelligence/skill. I'm not sure exactly which discipline I would choose - physics, genetics, computer science? All have possibilities.
Co_Sign with those abilities you could easily become a multi-millionaire and depending on your specialty multi-billionaire. Plus you get the added bonus of not having  evil corporations or gov't agencies after you to work for them. Also while not stated with a 200 I.Q there's nothing to stop you from mastering or having an equivalent to a PHd or higher in several other fields if 1 happens to be genetics, biology, bio-chemistry, geriatric medicine or alternative health you can easily gain some of the abilities number 4 and some of the abilities of number 2.

1. While the money is nice, lets look at the minus.

a. Gold digging relatives, hangers on and people wanting to take your money or bugging you about a donation for their pet cause.
b. Unless you want to live like Howard Hudges, have a small army protecting you or hide how much money you have it's not worth it.
c. Then there's  incurable disease the money isn't going to mean much nor is it a protection from old age or living a dissolute lifestyle, in which a lot of rich people with no meaning in their life tend to do.
d. Have 1 of your relative gets kidnapped.Believe it or not more than a few multi-billionaires has had it happen to their children, let alone have their own children create their own fake kidnapping to get their parents give them more money.

2. Is extremely temping specially if you get to keep your job & your education. The problem is you can still get kidnapped by desperate and wealthy octogenarians to find out your secret. I know it said there's noting special about you. But desperate rich  people aren't going to listen, I can guarantee at least  10% will try to kidnap you and have you examine by their own doctor or scientist. Given there's over 1800 multi-billionaire in the world, I'd estimate over 40% will be over 60yrs old you do the math.

3. is also nice, but like number 2 I can easily see some evil corporation or secret gov't agency kidnapping your love ones to force you to work for them.

4. is great and to tell the truth the least bothersome but it depends on what age you gain the ability.

scourge

• +22/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
What I've learned from this thread: everyone on here seems very concerned about the globalists fucking with them.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
3, do i have some weird speed force protection that stops me from teleporting into a rock or person

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
with the money thing some of these skills i can make myself a millions

5- That just a MONEY making MACHINE

telportion- Teleport to vegas and just WRECK shop...WRECK IT!!!  Assuming again I wont get telported into a rock

if I turn back time I am worth millions. But may go with slowing it down. Let see i am 36

my grandparent lived to 88.

so 104 extra years anymore is just being a glutton

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »
A magic Genie let's you choose one of five possible wishes. (Recycling some ideas--I'm not especially creative.)

1) Cash Money Dollas!

You get $10 Billion in US Currency, after taxes. All legal. All yours, with no one else--especially your spouse--having any legal claim on it.

2) Roll Back the Clock!

Your physical age is reset to any point you'd like, going as low as fifteen, but you keep your memories and current cognitive abilities, perhaps amplified by the age reset if you have already lost a step to Father Time. You age normally from that point on. The Genie makes sure you are square with the Governments, though you might become famous. Medical testing shows conclusively that there is nothing to be learned by dissecting your body for science.

3) Beam Me Up!

Superpowers! You gain the ability to teleport any distance on Earth. You can port to any location you can clearly conceive of--seeing pictures of it will do! You never fuck up. You never port into walls. You can bring a maximum of 200Kg with you each time you port. However, teleportation does fatigue you. Longer ports tire you a bit more than shorter ones, and carrying more of your max load also increases fatigue. Also, too many ports over a short time will start to tire you quickly. When you are too tired, you can't port until you get some rest. You could make say 4 or 5 Paris to Los Angeles ports a day, spaced every 4 to 5 hours, with say half your max load, without pushing yourself.

4) Slow Rolling!

From this point forward, you age at half your normal rate: one year for every two years actually lived. Effects that do long term damage to your body--Sun, plaque build up in arteries, etc. all happen at half the normal rate. As with Option #2, medical testing will show there is nothing to be learned by putting you in a lab, and the Genie makes sure the government is onboard--you'll get ID as you need it, possibly with slight tweaks to your birth date as needed so that people aren't questioning your ID''s validity.

5) I Got Skillz!

You get an IQ of 200 or so, and the knowledge and skills needed to be about 20% better than best person the world has ever seen at any one intellectual or creative discipline: lawyer, poet, novel writer, investor, poker player, physicist, etc.

Which do you pick?

Some of these are pretty tough, roll back the clock would be nice for the looks and health angle though I've had some surgeries since I was younger and wouldn't want to deal with having to get those again. 

If it's youth+surgeries stay current as needed, than definitely worth thinking about.

Vanity aside though, Slow Rolling definitely has more long term benefits than going back to my younger days.

As a list I suppose it goes:

4.) Slow Rolling
2.) Roll back the Clock
5.) I got Skillz!
1.) 10 Billion Dollars
3.) Teleportation

Tougher decision than it might seem at first.