Herochat

Darth Sidious vs Mace Windu

Uhtceare

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
Darth Sidious vs Mace Windu
« on: April 20, 2017, 05:05:02 AM »
We know how the only canon fight between the two went, of course. So the question is, how many out of ten do each get? Was that win a sign of Windu's utter dominance? A one-in-million fluke? A coin-flip that happened to land on Windu that day?

Dalek

• +4/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Sidious vs Mace Windu
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:34:21 PM »
Windu had the edge but it was narrow and he started off the fight with help though they proved to be pretty useless.

Windu 6/10

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:50:06 PM »
This is always a tough one.  Most everything in the movies, lore, and novels (EU and new canon) but that fight suggests Palpatine is on another level.  That fight, however, is an actual direct fight that Palpatine loses.  *shrugs*

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:57:46 PM »
Lucas flat out says Windu beat Sidious in the special features. I had the RoTS special edition.

That being said, it makes much more sense that Sidious threw the fight in order to put the final nail in the coffin om turning Anakin to the Darkside.

The logistics of the situation all but demand that Sidious feigns weakness and loses on purpose in that fight.

The prequels are ass.

Dalek

• +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:27 PM »
Lucas flat out says Windu beat Sidious in the special features. I had the RoTS special edition.

That being said, it makes much more sense that Sid
Sidious threw the fight in order to put the final nail in the coffin om turning Anakin to the Darkside.

The logistics of the situation all but demand that Sidious feigns weakness and loses on purpose in that fight.

The prequels are ass.

I always took it that the fight before Anakin shows up was 100 percent real but Sidious faking weakness was done to sway Anakin.

However, Sideous could have not kept up that force lightning attach forever and I think Mace had his number and that fight won it have just been longer.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
I mean, yeah, Sidious and Mace are fighting for real until Anakin shows up at which point Sidious feigns weakness and throws the fight. At least, that makes the most sense imo.

Lucas was pretty clear that Windu won straight up though.

80sBaby

• +21/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
I'm disappointed with Jook's lack of Warhammer references in this topic.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »
Mace was clearly winning right before Anakin shows up... and that's when Palpatine starts putting on his act. Not an act to lose... an act to seem like a helpless victim.

I'd give Palp 6/10 odds on Mace, but we clearly saw one of Mace's 4/10 wins. Yoda and Palp I saw as 5.5/10 for Yoda.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.