Herochat

Bill o'riley fired

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
Re: Bill o'riley fired
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
So, what did O'Reilly do?

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »
So, what did O'Reilly do?

You mean what we know for 100% sure? I don't think we have any actual concrete evidence. No recordings or anything like that. What we know is that a handful of women made accusations and FOX and O'Reilly settled with them to keep it out of courts. Here is some info on the situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/01/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment-fox-news.html

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »
Sounds pretty sleazy. This seems to be what happens when people live in a bubble of wealth and power. The boundaries of what is considered acceptable get shifted, and their behavior gets worse and worse over time. Then, even if they hush up each incident as they happen, they eventually succumb to the sheer volume of transgressions. Jordan Peterson said that beyond a certain point wealth will just make you crazy and augment any personality flaws you have.

Not sure about how I feel about taking money to hush up and let a potential predator free to do it again, especially if it involves a gag order.

I'm also not sure how people like Bill Clinto are allowed a free pass by mainstream media for doing the same or worse.

This made me chuckle:

Today, Ms. Mackris lives with her cats in an art-filled condo in her hometown, St. Louis, where she keeps bowls of colorful gumballs on tabletops. Her family is close by. She has traveled the world, volunteered, returned to school, discovered prayer and meditation, and started writing.

Colorful gumballs. I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:54:51 AM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
Wouldnt say old Clinton got a free passed. It was a HUGE news story at the time. It all that was talked about. Comedians,news stories, tells all books. 24/7. Got impeach.  In his legacy The sex shit will always e a big part of it. So much when we got into a conflict with kosovo, that he was accusing of wagging the dog, as in doing a war just to distract it.   And Gore backed away from him during his run which people say help gore lose the election.

What help bill is simply Time
Only thing they actully nailed him on was the BJ. Some stuff they tried to hit him turn out be nothing so fairly or unfairly people started to doubt the other stuff
The keeping the cum dress seeming weird, the people going after him keep going down for Sexual stuff
And the enconomy being good.

People forgive you with time. They were ready to let Weiner slide, TWICE. Dude just kept fucking up
Mel they give a lot of chances
Newt seem to be back
Mike doing guess spots in movies, no one seem to be talking about he a convicted rapist and mad man

Bill Oriley probally come back. Remember this isnt the first time his sexual harrasment stuff made the news. It just with Roger Ailes also doing it..they had to save face.  Think that one two punch hurt Fox making the place look like a nightmare. But give it a few months sure he be back. Maybe not on fox

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »
It was kinda both. He got shit on but it didn't really have any ill effect on his career.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »
It was kinda both. He got shit on but it didn't really have any ill effect on his career.

Well; liberal media and all that.

Honestly just what happens when you are that beneficial to the country I guess.

If all of Trump's craziness happened, in the public awareness, "after" he had pumped up the DOW, made america great again.....public would probably let it slide.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:06:11 PM by g-train »

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »

Well; liberal media and all that.

Honestly just what happens when you are that beneficial to the country I guess.

If all of Trump's craziness happened, in the public awareness, "after" he had pumped up the DOW, made america great again.....public would probably let it slide.

Hell for the most part they let it slide. Least some who were poor and desperate
Think clinton was above the 50's DURING the scandal when it was at its height

Even with Bill oriely, they only turn when they cost them money. With social media it easier to threaten a boycout. Because remember who was sued before, a few times I think. Just never cost them this much cash

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 11:21:37 PM »
Yeah if the sponsor hadn't left he would still have his job. It's always about the money

soleran

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 11:45:47 PM »
Yeah if the sponsor hadn't left he would still have his job. It's always about the money

He still left with 25 million.

He did a decent opinion show but his ego was hard to deal with.

LordofBrooklyn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2017, 05:55:51 AM »
Why are all the Superman fan boys the exact opposite of Superman?

What are you talking about?

By analyzing the options available to O'Reilly based on Beck's The Blaze network means what exactly?

If you had simply analyzed the options, it'd be one thing.

However, your post suggests that you're happy that "O'Reilly comes out on top!"

So you have a problem with someone providing basic analysis.

Paula Deen found herself in a similar circumstance at The Food Network. She was fired, sponsors fled, and she was left out in the cold. She took the remnants of her fan-base and created a company where she got the lion-share of the revenue through their subscription.

O'Reilly has a MUCH bigger platform than the aforementioned Beck and Deen and a significantly larger number amount of supporters. O'Reilly will set up a subscribers only news outlet with other contributors and pull in much more money than he did before.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2017, 04:03:32 PM »
Yeah it's ironic that these scenario's seem to only be helping these guys.

Didn't Howard Stern do something similar?

Work mainstream until he finally said something that got him in trouble?

Went on his own and makes more money that way now?

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
Bill O'Reilly podcast coming out Monday.

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2017, 09:24:07 PM »
I thought he was still on the vacation he planned 9 months ago and had nothing to do with what was going on for another week

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »
something I notice about Scandals and how to get out of these scandals

1) Dont start out to churchier and holier then though. if they know your a horndog and asshole they might accept it

2) if you are holier now..go SUPER JESUSY when it come to forgivness

3) You cant fuck up again for another year. if you spread them out they let it slide, to close their like fuck you

4) make sure it hetro stuff

5) make sure it not kid shit

LordofBrooklyn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 05:00:52 AM »
Yeah it's ironic that these scenario's seem to only be helping these guys.

Didn't Howard Stern do something similar?

Work mainstream until he finally said something that got him in trouble?

Went on his own and makes more money that way now?

Yes, Stern was the foundation for Sirius radio and I believe he intentionally sought to get out of his original contract for the more lucrative satellite radio deal.