Herochat

Democratic unity tour

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
Re: Democratic unity tour
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 03:49:34 AM »
Which is one of the reasons Joy Nigger Reid spent an hour attacking Sanders today.

It baffles me that the DNC continue to antagonize their base.  It's baffling that they tried that strategy to begin with, but after the 2016 election where they not only lost the White House, they lost every branch of government, you would think they would sit back and ask "What did we do wrong?".  Instead, they double down on that shit to the point where the party now has a lower approval rating that Donald Trump... who has the lowest approval rating of any president ever.  They are less popular than the least popular guy in government right now and they want to stay the course.  At this point, I'm not sure whose vote they actually want.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »
well to be fair both approval raiting of the republican and dems been low for years

Individual politicans generally higher

think congress been below 30 percent for a long time

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 02:14:53 PM »
Which is one of the reasons Joy Nigger Reid spent an hour attacking Sanders today.

It baffles me that the DNC continue to antagonize their base.  It's baffling that they tried that strategy to begin with, but after the 2016 election where they not only lost the White House, they lost every branch of government, you would think they would sit back and ask "What did we do wrong?".  Instead, they double down on that shit to the point where the party now has a lower approval rating that Donald Trump... who has the lowest approval rating of any president ever.  They are less popular than the least popular guy in government right now and they want to stay the course.  At this point, I'm not sure whose vote they actually want.

They want to please their big donors and keep in good so, win or lose, those lobbyist positions remain available.

People like Sanders and Gabbard are against that, so the establishment does everything it can to tear them down and discourage their bases ideas. While playing the identity politics card on social issues to try and still win elections.

Seriously, that is the cliffsnotes on the DNC/DCCC/Clinton-esque wing of the party's approach.
Thom Hartmann : "How can you have a functioning nation when you don't believe in science or education?"

LiquidSailor

• +43/-145
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »
Yea but it's just disturbing that the supposed "liberal" members of the media attack Sanders and suck Clinton's clit.

DIGUSTING

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »

They want to please their big donors and keep in good so, win or lose, those lobbyist positions remain available.

People like Sanders and Gabbard are against that, so the establishment does everything it can to tear them down and discourage their bases ideas. While playing the identity politics card on social issues to try and still win elections.

Seriously, that is the cliffsnotes on the DNC/DCCC/Clinton-esque wing of the party's approach.

True.  They still get paid the big bucks even when they don't win, but eventually that money would run out if they no longer hold offices, I would think.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 08:11:52 PM »
I think we are witnessing the beginning of a death spiral for the old Democratic party. And maybe for both traditional American political parties. Some informative links that demonstrate how things are unfolding :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/04/23/two-thirds-of-americans-think-that-the-democratic-party-is-out-of-touch-with-the-country/?utm_term=.53e922c996ed
But none of this means that Democrats are seen as echoing the concerns of the common man. In fact, the Democratic Party is viewed as more out of touch than either Trump or the party’s political opponents. Two-thirds of Americans think the Democrats are out of touch — including nearly half of Democrats themselves.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/poll-democrats-most-out-of-touch/
67 percent of those polled said that the Democratic Party was "out of touch" with common American concerns, and only 28 percent said the party is "in touch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5d_OOeFI3Q
Left-Leaning Independents Aren't Digging The Democratic Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951yqW3Ulx4
Corporate Lobbyists Are Drowning House Dems In Cash More Than Ever

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/corporate-lobbyists-funnel-cash-house-democrats-amid-push-pass-trumps-business
A filing last week by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) shows four corporate lobbyists raised more than $380,000 for the organization -- the primary campaign arm for Democratic House candidates -- between January and March. The three-month figure is nearly four times as much as the amount lobbyists raised for the DCCC during the entire 2016 election cycle. In all, the DCCC reported raising $31 million in the first quarter of 2017.

Three of the lobbyists who have been collecting checks for the DCCC were major Clinton donors and fundraisers -- accounting for about $1.7 million in donations to the Clinton campaign and its joint fundraising account with the DNC and state parties. Some of their clients could have interests in legislative measures before the House of Representatives.

Tony Podesta, who founded the Podesta Group lobbying firm, has raised $131,000 for the DCCC and donated $5,000 to the committee so far this year. His client list includes Walmart, Wells Fargo, as well as defense contractors Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems.

Another lobbyist, Vincent Roberti, Sr., has raised more than $88,000 for the DCCC year. He, too, has lobbied for Airlines for America. In recent months, Roberti has also lobbied on behalf of Citigroup, Pfizer, Boeing and AT&T.

Unlike his colleagues, David Thomas, a partner at Mehlman Castagnetti Rosen & Thomas, didn’t collect money for Clinton’s 2016 committees. He’s been an active fundraiser for the DCCC this year, though, raising almost $106,000. Thomas has lobbied for Chevron, Humana, and United Technologies Corporation.

In 2011, the Santa Fe New Mexican reported that New Mexico Rep. Ben Ray Lujan planned to decline donations from lobbyists. Lujan, who currently chairs the DCCC, quickly reversed course.

The DCCC and the lobbyists raising money for the committee did not respond to requests for comment.

Thom Hartmann : "How can you have a functioning nation when you don't believe in science or education?"

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 03:02:21 AM »
I think we are witnessing the beginning of a death spiral for the old Democratic party. And maybe for both traditional American political parties.

Yeah, it seems more and more likely a third party will squeeze in to the system as the Dems gradually lose what little power they have left.  The only other option for them is to do a MAJOR 180 and get some new blood in while tightening the leash on the corporate shills.  Of course, they don't wanna do that.  I think once the fork is in the Dems, the Republicans will be fast behind them.  The American political landscape is gonna drastically in the next decade or two.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »
GOP already took a blow when Trump won, shitting all over their party platform and making fools of the establishment. Granted, they have reigned him in, but I think that is partly because he's taking in cash from his various business ties. 
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 09:07:01 AM »
Yeah, people have hated the GOP for a few years now, but they manage to secure offices, which means they will be harder to get rid of.  I think once the people start paying attention to other options out there, the GOP will go the way of the dodo.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 09:33:36 AM »
I dont know GOP people are pretty loyal since some are single issues. So as long they dont move away from said issues. Guns, abortions..that segment ride or die. think a lot of voters in thier party didnyt vote for trump but voted for the supreme court. Also they tends to come out in the midterms which is the most important part

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »
I dont know GOP people are pretty loyal since some are single issues. So as long they dont move away from said issues. Guns, abortions..that segment ride or die. think a lot of voters in thier party didnyt vote for trump but voted for the supreme court. Also they tends to come out in the midterms which is the most important part

There will always be people with brand loyalty for both Rep and Dems.  Those people are a minority.  There is plenty of information out there that show most registered voters are not affiliated with either party and a lot of people vote either way such as when people voted for Obama and then voted Trump.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »

There will always be people with brand loyalty for both Rep and Dems.  Those people are a minority.  There is plenty of information out there that show most registered voters are not affiliated with either party and a lot of people vote either way such as when people voted for Obama and then voted Trump.

Well Trump is actully pretty popular with republcians. He got a high approval rating among them

while their hypocrits on both sides. Think republican has more bran loyalty.

There had a poll on 2 things during obama presidentcy and during Trump presendency

it was about going into Syria
and about how the view the enconmoy

The percent of democrats feeling on both was pretty consistent.  The people who were hawkish during obama run was hawkish now. People who against it, were against it now for the most part..with a few percetage change

Same with the encomoy. Dems who thought it was shit during obama thought it was shit now

While republicans wanting a bombimg had a big increase under Trump
And  thinking the enconomy suddenly good has a big increase under Trump

Then given that the way the electoral college set up, republican simply got to play a game of money ball and just get certain areas. That why when the popular vote and electoral college are different from each other the republican wins. 

Dems weakness and strengh is thier variety.  They tend to have a bigger tent with various interest. But sometimes these interest conflict. And they hurt by our voters being less consitent voters in the midterms. Which make us lose seats, makes things easy to gerrymanger. That why you may notice when dems do win it because it not that close. 

That might change though. 2018 may be interesting to see why the turn out in both the primary and what comes after that in the midterms..  I would LOVE to be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:22:10 PM by therock »

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 02:24:49 AM »
Also think Bernie can help the progressive movment, and the dems should lean his way

but what he said about Ossof in George not really helpfull.  Hope the progressive voters dont stay home on votes like this

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/329559-sanders-i-dont-know-if-ossoff-is-progressive

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/329770-ossoff-on-whether-hes-a-progressive-not-interested-in-purity

LiquidSailor

• +43/-145
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 02:27:12 AM »
Thats the type of shit nigger Joy Reid was trying to pull. If this guy has to hide his beliefs he deserves to lose.

DIGUSTING

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 03:15:04 AM »

If that what she was complaining about she not that far off.

he not hiding his belief. He just may not be as progressive as Say Bernie. And really may not win in fucking Georgia if he was.

He doesnt seem like a bad guy and it be a state that would be a BIG win.  Something that the progressive movemnt..or Justice democrats or whatever their calling themselve could pushed. And would spear head OTHER elections to play up the 50 state stragedy. He young  a fresh face. That kind of win could put some fire under left, liberal, and progressive voters, as well as some blue dogs..to show they can win ANYWHERE. It would be huge momentum

Bernie backing him and then WINNING..would show the power he has

If not..then why else is he going on this tour. Whats the point.  I mean you got to work with each other a LITTLE bit. Either do that or start a new party. No half measures so to speak at this point. Because it not help non Bernie guys.  And it only making hardcore bernie guys starting to call him a sale out. So I dont see any pluses in statments like that

He been given a huge amount of time on the democatic stage for a guy who not a democrat, doesnt want to be, lost the primary, and bashed them

I also dont get the point of booing.  Or even booing at Bernie speech when he mentions his name. What to gain from this. it just make the other dems think "Well fuck nothing we can do to get these guys to like us, whats the point. Working with them is pointless".

Now people say. Well TRUMP will win if you dont listen to what we got to say. Well trump will win if you dont listen to what the other side has to say also. Since it not enough of either side to win. Some voters are anti TPP, but pro frakcing and the pipeline. Some people are people are left on war, but to the right on immigration. Not going to click every box. And not everyone who fails to his a neo liberal or coprartist

I mean if the farther left side to be seen as strong, we got to see some wins on the table.