Herochat

Thor: Ragnarock trailer

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: Ragnarock trailer
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2017, 11:52:19 PM »
which is pretty much his reaction when Hulk charges at him.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2017, 12:56:56 AM »

You said you'd be excited. Why? If you were Thor there would be no excitement if you remembered what happened last time when the Hulk got mind controlled.

You wouldn't make a joke or some shit. You'd simply shit your pants.

AP

• +52/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2017, 01:18:28 AM »
Out of all the fights we've seen Thor involved in, his fight with Hulk wasn't really anything to shit his pants over, I don't think.

DarthAlani

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2017, 01:36:37 AM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-trailer-is-marvel-disneys-watched-ever-24-hours-992978

Trailer is doing it's job. Should be the biggest Thor film by a significant margin.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2017, 02:29:58 AM »
I wouldn't say this was like GoG. There was ONE joke. Marvel movies have usually mixed in a bit of humor. You can't judge the tone of the whole movie from the trailer.

Very true, but a trailer should give you an idea of tone.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2017, 04:50:14 AM »
Out of all the fights we've seen Thor involved in, his fight with Hulk wasn't really anything to shit his pants over, I don't think.

I mean this in a fond way but Thor's arrogance about his own strength & God status makes him a bit of a doofus.

He'll look at Hulk & think friend first rather than menacing foe.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2017, 07:05:38 AM »

You said you'd be excited. Why? If you were Thor there would be no excitement if you remembered what happened last time when the Hulk got mind controlled.

Thor was excited for about five seconds because he saw an ally in a sea of enemies. He himself wasn't mind controlled, so why immediately assume Hulk was? His reaction changed appropriately as soon as he saw Hulk attacking.

Train harder.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:20 AM »

Thor doesn't know Hulk is mind controlled at first, hence his initial reaction. When he does realize it is when he groans and does what you suggest.

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
Yeah pretty much. Hell even though Hulk attacked that's not even an indication of mind control. Remember Hulk randomly punched Thor in the middle of the battle of new York just because.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2017, 05:33:19 PM »
I wish people would stop comparing it to GOTG, as if that movie was the only one with a "lighter" tone. The previous 2 Thor films have used similar comedy and having a older, popular rock song in the trailer isn't exclusive to GOTG, either. The only thing that makes it look like Guardians is the colors, which makes sense because both movies take place in the same cosmos.

It's just consistent with Marvels fear of using actualmagic

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2017, 05:35:18 PM »
I wouldn't say this was like GoG. There was ONE joke. Marvel movies have usually mixed in a bit of humor. You can't judge the tone of the whole movie from the trailer.

It might be like the Indiana Jones movies. You wouldn't say Raiders was a comedy, but it did have humourous moments, like when Indy shot the sword-wielding thug.

Yea but the whole look of the film, Thor redesign, aliens, high tech and jovial atmosphere make it seem a lot more Cosmic and FOTGy than the Ragnorak film I imagined

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
Its all Kirby stuff. The art on the wall behind Grandmaster's is actual Kirby artwork from comics.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2017, 04:55:23 AM »
I'm merely saying, not every MCU film has to be Guardians, with Gilmore Girls dialogue flanked with pop music. I liked that Thor Come could fill a movie with an epic and consequentially feel. Captain America: TWS was a great example that movie could be fun, even referencing contemporary pop culture (The apple store, Cap's book), and also heavy. - Evolving Cap, and asking moral questions of him that define his character.
You, uhh... sayin' you don't like Zep?

The trailer was awesome. Blanchett looks fucking wicked as Hela, I liked the Executioner's mini-cameo (if they even get 1/8th of the impact of his stand at Gjallerbru, it'll be one of the top 20 deaths in movies; fuck you if you disagree), and Jeff Goldblum as the fucking Grandmaster should be hilarious.

The deliberate GOTG vibe is a bit odd, but you can see they're trying to capture some of the appeal of that film elsewhere. Plus it'll help the inevitable cross-over.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:58:13 AM by Jabroniville »