Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: movie Thor vs comicbook Captain America  (Read 4552 times)

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
Re: movie Thor vs comicbook Captain America
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2017, 10:10:42 AM »

Forget "tiers." The Pro-Thor side is arguing Cap can't win a majority because Thor is stronger, more durable and has AoE abilities beyond what Cap can handle, ON AVERAGE.

The pro-Cap side is saying he wins because he's done well, i.e. not died or been immediately KOd, by opponents above Thor sometimes.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »

Forget "tiers." The Pro-Thor side is arguing Cap can't win a majority because Thor is stronger, more durable and has AoE abilities beyond what Cap can handle, ON AVERAGE.

The pro-Cap side is saying he wins because he's done well, i.e. not died or been immediately KOd, by opponents above Thor sometimes.

I mean just briefly going through a few pages of his respect thread he fights Ironman h2H in armor wars and is willing and isnonly dropped with a blast that he directly says he would've blocked with his shield.

He takes on Mr.Hyde again and drops him

He takes on Starfox and Black Knight and wins.

Drops Giant Man with a nerve hit.

Drops Rhino with a kick

He defeats a being that absorbs the majority of Namors power, more powerful than Thor.

Handles Thunderstrike/Bloodstrike well. More powerful than Thor.Think these are in order/same fight

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:38:29 AM by Gree »

Hulk Power

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 29, 2017, 10:48:34 AM »

Cap also gets stalemated by Bucky, struggled as hell to beat US Agent more than once, has had long fights with Red Skull and got WTF stomped by RS's mechanical suit, and didn't look too hot against Princess Zola either. You need to stop looking at his high feats only.

XerxesTWD

• Administrator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 29, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »

He's also been instantly knocked out with his jaw shattered by a power sharing Wrecker. Actually, I think Thunderball broke his jaw, but we know where his stats originate. Cap had to be saved by a local woman and her kids or something like that.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 29, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »

Yes, those 5 showings certainly equal Cap's AVERAGE.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2017, 11:58:47 AM »

You can't forget tiers because if Thor was actually top tier there'd be no debate

XerxesTWD

• Administrator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2017, 12:02:12 PM »

There isn't a debate, there's you trolling everybody with literal nonsense.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »

Yes, those 5 showings certainly equal Cap's AVERAGE.

And on average he fares very well against stronger, less skilled foes. Thor doesn't have the feats or history to win this, all the Thor side has is *hes tooo powa! And we're shut down when shown he's actually a mid tier comic character. They go from "oh he's top tier, to oh he's cl 50, to oh let's forget about tiers". Come on guy.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:10:01 PM by Gree »

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »

The nonsense is thinking Thor is a top tier comic character.

I've given examples of Steve beating stronger tougher opponents. Let's see some of Thor beating faster more skilled opponents with defensive weapon that can block anything he dishes out, that's all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:07:29 PM by Gree »

XerxesTWD

• Administrator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »

I've given examples of Steve beating stronger tougher opponents. Let's see some of Thor beating faster more skilled opponents with defensive weapon that can block anything he dishes out, that's all.
And even more examples are given of Cap struggling with far, FAR, less formidable opponents.

Your argument is stupid and you know it.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »

He's also been instantly knocked out with his jaw shattered by a power sharing Wrecker. Actually, I think Thunderball broke his jaw, but we know where his stats originate. Cap had to be saved by a local woman and her kids or something like that.

Did I say cap wins 10/10?

XerxesTWD

• Administrator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »

You've said a lot of objectively stupid things in this thread, so it's very possible you said that as well.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2017, 12:12:05 PM »

And even more examples are given of Cap struggling with far, FAR, less formidable opponents.

Your argument is stupid and you know it.

I think this is where the issue lies. Thor isn't much more formidable, then say the wrecking crew. He's a solid mid tier character. Top tier in film, midtier in comics.

Gree

• Prince Akeem Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »

You've said a lot of objectively stupid things in this thread, so it's very possible you said that as well.

Yea you got it.

XerxesTWD

• Administrator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »

Yea you got it.
Concession Accepted.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26