Herochat

movie Thor vs comicbook Captain America

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
Re: movie Thor vs comicbook Captain America
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
Your argument would have validity if Cap hasn't stood up to or beaten vastly more powerful opponents, you guys get that fundamental concept right?

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 04:46:29 PM »
So Gree, let's put Comic Cap in the same instances as movie Thor like when he fought Hulk or Kurse. You see him doing okay in those fights? You see him living through those fights?

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 04:50:03 PM »
So Gree, let's put Comic Cap in the same instances as movie Thor like when he fought Hulk or Kurse. You see him doing okay in those fights? You see him living through those fights?

Hold up. I'm not agreeing with Gree but just because A beats B and B beats C, it doesn't necessarily follow that A beats C.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »

Hold up. I'm not agreeing with Gree but just because A beats B and B beats C, it doesn't necessarily follow that A beats C.

Not always, but in this situation he's saying Comic Cap can beat Movie Thor for a heavy majority, to Gree seems it's a stomp in Cap's favor. Anyone who can stomp movie Thor, should at least put up a damn good fight against Hulk(which Thor did with his hammer and his fists). And at least last for a while with Kurse like Thor did.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 05:03:06 PM »

Firstly I was obviously initially hyperbolic.

Do you read comics?

You do realize that Cap has fought and survived against people much stronger than Movie ahulk or Kurse right? Also yes, I do believe Cap could survive against and fight movie Hulk or Kurse. Why? Because there are tons of comics of him doing so. He won't beat them for a majority-though.  Where is all the shock and awe coming from?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:04:59 PM by Gree »

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 05:06:10 PM »

Where am I incorrect here? I value your opinion.

I think comic Bats or Cap would beat movie Thor. I think comic Cap would annihilate MCU IF, DD etc.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »
I'm a big Cap fan but there's a noticable difference between "surviving long enough to escape/distract or delay the bad guy" and "beat."

Also, in comics writers use things like the environment to have the weaker character win. That doesn't work on battle boards unless specified.

Cap can certainly dance around Thor for a while but he has no real way of hurting him and even with the shield Thor will wear him down.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 05:08:59 PM »
Also, comic book Batman has a much bigger bag of tricks than Cap.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »
I'm a big Cap fan but there's a noticable difference between "surviving long enough to escape/distract or delay the bad guy" and "beat."

Also, in comics writers use things like the environment to have the weaker character win. That doesn't work on battle boards unless specified.

Cap can certainly dance around Thor for a while but he has no real way of hurting him and even with the shield Thor will wear him down.

Despite on panel evidence multiple times of Cap harming people a lot more durable? Nerve strikes shield strikes etc. what is going on man?

Cap wins 6/10 here

We've seen Thor dodge machine gunfire and minimal physical feats without mjolnir whose blows are nullified by the shield and a vastly more skilled opponent
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:15:36 PM by Gree »

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »
Am I overestimating movie Thor? Give me his comic book equivalents in terms of strength and durability.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 05:18:08 PM »
I would've said Rogue at absolute best. But he had no raw strength feats outside of class 25, or so I believe. A table turn, and overpowering Ironman who has caught a car.

He's hurt Hulk with punches so id place him between cl 10-60 without definite bulletproof invulnerability. Mjolnir hits a lot harder. A fall from the atmosphere was theorized to kill him, and he dodged jet fire

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 05:21:52 PM »
That's a pretty big spread. I can see Cap hurting a Class 10, like Spider-Man (and he's done so.) An upper mid-tier, like Power Man? More of a stretch.

I can't recall Cap hurting someone like that with nerve strikes, not in the way Mantis did with Thor for example.

Who's a comic book brick who would go 50/50 with movie Thor? Question is open to anyone.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
We've seen him hurt people stronger than powerman on multiple occasions 3-5 off the top of my head which is definitely enough to use them for debates.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
I'm blanking on examples but I'm a bit buzzed.

JookDukem

• +22/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »
Why are you focusing exclusively on those 3 to 5 instances when discussing a character with thousands and thousands of appearances?

Your selectivity is embarrassing.

You're sitting there citing comic Cap hurting the Hulk. Someone who can engage in a slugfest with the goddamn Juggernaut.

Do you understand how absurd it is to make that claim as if it's the rule and not the exception? With that level of striking power he's one-shotting most street level characters.

Except he doesn't because he's nowhere near the level you're claiming he is.

This is certainly one of the most embarrassing Gtrain levels of argument I've seen since Ali vs Drago.