• +36/-5
    • View Profile
Re: movie Thor vs comicbook Captain America
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 02:04:40 AM »
Cap will crush him
You're out of your goddamn mind, son.

Really guy?

This is comic Cap were talking about.

He's engaged Fenris, physically, someone drastically more powerful than Movie Thor. He's taken on King Thor, and dropped the Hulk with kicks, Mr. Hyde, etc. He has elite A list level skills with knowledge of pressure points and moves that allow him to take on opponents much more powerful than Movie Thor.

Movie Thor hasn't shown a strength level much greater than comic/movie Spidey at this point. He's vastly outskilled and Cap will make him look like a fool. And will beat the crap out of him with the shield

The power disparity between the movies and the comics is HUGE still at this point.

Yeah but that is his very high end stuff I look much more at a characters average then absolute best and worst feats.

I was making a point, showing how Cap isn't outclassed.

The power and skill disparity is huge. I don't think Thor has anywhere near the feats in raw strength strength to be anywhere close to Thing level. Even on average level Cap can take on A much more powerful Iron Man than the cinematic version, Namor clones, The Rhino, Prodessor Hulk on multiple occasions, Asgardian trolls etc. He takes beatings from characters much stronger on a regular basis, the skill disparency is insane. He can drop him with pressure points if need be, though probably won't have to as we don't even know if this Thor is bulletproof. He's vastly more skilled and agile, his shield can block all of the hits and lightning attacks, have never seen Thor use wind like that. He's durable enough to take straight hits and strong enough to
Easily wear him down. Cap will put on a clinic.

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
Cap will wind up in a clinic, kind of like Blonsky in Incredible Hulk.

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 11:05:16 AM »
So I guess we'll just ignore all those times Cap gets fucked up by stuff like...bullets. And, hits from street levelers?

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 11:42:17 AM »
What happens to people sometimes in threads? It's so odd.

This is on that Ali beating Drago level of absurdity.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »
So I guess we'll just ignore all those times Cap gets fucked up by stuff like...bullets. And, hits from street levelers?

When has a hit from a street leveler "fucked up" Cap?

You guys see no difference in powerlevel between cinema and paper? Need to adjust ya glasses

Apparently people are ok with it when it's comic Ironman vs Movie Supes. But forget their own logic in this thread.

It's interesting as people would give comic Cap wins against Ultimate Thor, who is vastly more powerful than MCU Thor. Yet for some reason are now acting like movie Thor is comic Odin.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:12:38 PM by Gree »

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »

What is exactly absurd about this when we have a character with an established history of beating more powerful opponents, while simultaneously being in an exponentially more powerful medium? GTFO of here

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
Movie Cap could barely affect Loki who is physically weaker than Thor.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »
Great. This is comic Cap. You trying to say comic Cap "can't affect" Movie Thor now? Sure?

Movie Cap also had a steady and significant power increase from the first film. From not affecting Loki to taking on a vibranium Ultron and beating the shit out of Ironman who most would give odds on Loki physically.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
Great. This is comic Cap. You trying to say comic Cap "can't affect" Movie Thor now? Sure?

Movie Cap also had a steady and significant power increase from the first film. From not affecting Loki to taking on a vibranium Ultron and beating the shit out of Ironman who most would give odds on Loki physically.

Most people seem to agree Comic Cap and MCU are peers in strength. MCU Cap survived against non-vibranium Ultron.

He and Bucky eventually wore down Iron Man who was never out to kill Cap.

Comic Cap would dance around MCU Thor a bit and could win maybe 2/10 through superior fight skills.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 02:24:57 PM »

Eventually wore down? We see the same film? They were fucking up thenarmor

Most people seem to agree Comic Cap and MCU are peers in strength. MCU Cap survived against non-vibranium Ultron.

He and Bucky eventually wore down Iron Man who was never out to kill Cap.

Comic Cap would dance around MCU Thor a bit and could win maybe 2/10 through superior fight skills.

He did more than survive against a vastly stronger and more durable opponent in Ultron. Denying Caps power uptick now?

And while most agree they are close in strengths as of the later movies, comic Cap still has speed skill and durability which vastly affects how hard he hits.

Trying to say that comic Cap couldn't harm movie Loki or Thor now? Tread carefully. And I'm the crazy one.

Movie Thor has NEVER faced anyone near comic Caps skill level or combination of abilities and has minimal to no experience doing so. Comic Cap has a 60+ year comic history taking on people movie Thors level, often vastly more powerful, and sometimes taking them down.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:27:55 PM by Gree »

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 02:42:30 PM »
And he has also struggled to match or defeat significantly less powerful opponents. Just like every single upper tier street leveler with good showings out of their league.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
Sure but if I had to hedge my bets I'd place it on the character with an extremely respectable history with thousands of appearances over 60 years, has a character shield/factor and is in an exponentially more powerful medium.

Negashen

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2017, 04:36:26 PM »

Funny enough that did cross my mind reading this, some people go to extreme lengths to justify a character's chances, no matter how outclassed they are.

Negashen

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »

Co-signed.