Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: Anyone crossfit?  (Read 1215 times)

Ramz

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Anyone crossfit?
« on: October 06, 2014, 02:46:28 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new to the boards and do crossfit.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone crossfit?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:50:39 AM »

I'm a marathon runner.

fatnlazy

• Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:08:25 PM »

I don't think I've ever wanted anything that bad.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:42:13 AM »

Wow.  That man is running while shitting.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 01:11:31 PM »

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:18:12 PM by AP »

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:31:20 PM »

I'm starting to use crossfit like routines along with my regular weights and MMA training and seeing great results

For those of you are new among us - Ramz is the mood god of Crossfit and has gotten swole and in shape with hard core Crossfitting and Paleo'ing (all jokes aside he really knows his stuff)

I'm an MMA fighter  - it's my profession (one of them - the one that makes me hapoiest and the one I'm most ambitious in and currently the one that makes me the least money)and one of my "attributes"  in fighting is I know power lifting, weight training and MMA conditioning really well

I'm finding that Crossfit - Mark Divine's Navy Seal prep training (navyseals.com) and a few guys I follow whom I trust implicitly are excellent in terms of fitness and fight fitness advice - in particular Louie Simmons is the God of power lifting, Jason Ferrugia (genetically cursed natural lifter who put on nearly 50 lbs of natural muscle and is still making gains), Zach-Evan-Esh (allmost as much for his kick ass approach to life and lifting as his hugely well-laid out programs) and I have to say even though it's cliche by this point Pavel Tsatsouline really does have the goods. Martin Rooney is excellent as well but very sport specific to combat sports

Lately, I'm looking at Vince Gironda (though I'm not a bodybuilder) and other smart fitness types to get better - I have some real weak links and a lot of reading to do. Ross enamait is a good guy to look at as well

Cross Fit - for anyone who DOESN'T need something sport specific, is awesome though. Ramz has made huge gains so it obviously works

XerxesTWD

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 06:30:11 PM »

Crossfit is fun, but you really need a coach who knows WTF they're talking about. Coaches with actual training on how to teach liftng technique aren't nearly as common as they should be. That's why injuries are so prevalent.

If you do workouts requiring proper form really fast and with improper form, you're asking for a wrecked back/foot/whatever. But at least you finished the workout in under 10 minutes.