Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sooooo, United wants your seat more than you do.  (Read 699 times)

Clownprince23

• Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Sooooo, United wants your seat more than you do.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 01:05:03 AM »

4) They end up beating up some old dude and dragging him out of the plane.

5) The dude was a doctor who was on his way to help sick people.

Yeah, could they have picked a more sympathetic victim? Were there no baskets of puppies and kittens to torture?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/11/united-airlines-doctors-dark-past/22035353/

Uhtceare

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 01:18:46 AM »

Ah, so they should be in the clear, then. The moment it becomes public knowledge that the victim was a former criminal, all sympathy for him will likely evaporate.

Clownprince23

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 02:45:23 AM »

Ah, so they should be in the clear, then. The moment it becomes public knowledge that the victim was a former criminal, all sympathy for him will likely evaporate.

No,they are still in the wrong. But the statement there couldn't be a more sympathetic victim is false.

It wasn't United that did it, it was airport police. United has it within their rights to alter flight plans. The plane is private property, and if someone asks you to leave the property, you need to leave. They offered him compensation, but he refused, and then refused to listen to the police.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 03:45:57 AM »

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »

ROFLMAO!  Yea, that seems about right.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 03:55:30 AM »

No,they are still in the wrong. But the statement there couldn't be a more sympathetic victim is false.

It wasn't United that did it, it was airport police. United has it within their rights to alter flight plans. The plane is private property, and if someone asks you to leave the property, you need to leave. They offered him compensation, but he refused, and then refused to listen to the police.

I've been on flights where they overbooked and offered people cash to hop on the next plane.  Sometimes people left the plane and sometimes it looked like no one did.  The way I see it, if the airline overbooked, it's on them and they need to bite the bullet.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 06:04:32 AM »

So it turns out they let the guy back on the plane after they beat the shit out of him?  I guess it wasn't all that important after all.  Too bad they didn't realize this until AFTER they cracked his head open.

Bran Mak Morn

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »

What I don't understand is why the overbooking issue was dealt with once everyone was already seated & not at the cheek-in counter prior to boarding the plane?

You can't exactly call an airline & say," Hey I'm running late, hold the plane" so it kinda justifies in my mind that if United realised at the very very last moment that they needed to get 4 additional staff from A to B, the onus would be not to disrupt the passengers or flight but to find other means necessary to get their own staff to where they needed to be.

It's also a ridiculous concept that most airlines will over-sell their flights & then rely on an algorithm that calculates the likelihood of people cancelling, not showing up or missing their flight altogether.
"It's funny how,"You're so funny" turns into,"You think everything's a fucking joke!" in just 3 months...

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 07:31:21 PM »

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 07:34:25 PM »

Yeah, I've never in my life experienced or heard of an airline dealing with overbooking AFTER boarding. That shit gets handled at the gate. What the hell did they wait for? To see if people changed their minds and walked away?

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »

I'm thinking they didn't realize they needed 4 seats for employees until after everyone was seated.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »

Apparently they were actually legally obligated to offer more money than they did at first as well.

Bran Mak Morn

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 12:45:59 AM »

Not sure if it's true but United lost about 1 billion dollars in stock after news went worldwide & hit China.
"It's funny how,"You're so funny" turns into,"You think everything's a fucking joke!" in just 3 months...

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 01:32:00 AM »

Not surprised.  Last numbers I heard was a $800,000,000 loss.  It makes sense that they ended up losing 1 billion.

Bran Mak Morn

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 08:06:46 AM »

Yeah something about China having no social media, the footage went straight to the television news.
Meaning more viewers saw it at once & the outrage quickly boosted the loss to 1 billion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3