Herochat

Thor: Ragnarock trailer

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: Ragnarock trailer
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2017, 05:35:18 PM »
I wouldn't say this was like GoG. There was ONE joke. Marvel movies have usually mixed in a bit of humor. You can't judge the tone of the whole movie from the trailer.

It might be like the Indiana Jones movies. You wouldn't say Raiders was a comedy, but it did have humourous moments, like when Indy shot the sword-wielding thug.

Yea but the whole look of the film, Thor redesign, aliens, high tech and jovial atmosphere make it seem a lot more Cosmic and FOTGy than the Ragnorak film I imagined

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
Its all Kirby stuff. The art on the wall behind Grandmaster's is actual Kirby artwork from comics.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2017, 04:55:23 AM »
I'm merely saying, not every MCU film has to be Guardians, with Gilmore Girls dialogue flanked with pop music. I liked that Thor Come could fill a movie with an epic and consequentially feel. Captain America: TWS was a great example that movie could be fun, even referencing contemporary pop culture (The apple store, Cap's book), and also heavy. - Evolving Cap, and asking moral questions of him that define his character.
You, uhh... sayin' you don't like Zep?

The trailer was awesome. Blanchett looks fucking wicked as Hela, I liked the Executioner's mini-cameo (if they even get 1/8th of the impact of his stand at Gjallerbru, it'll be one of the top 20 deaths in movies; fuck you if you disagree), and Jeff Goldblum as the fucking Grandmaster should be hilarious.

The deliberate GOTG vibe is a bit odd, but you can see they're trying to capture some of the appeal of that film elsewhere. Plus it'll help the inevitable cross-over.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:58:13 AM by Jabroniville »