Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Thor: Ragnarock trailer  (Read 1163 times)

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: Ragnarock trailer
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »

which is pretty much his reaction when Hulk charges at him.

You said you'd be excited. Why? If you were Thor there would be no excitement if you remembered what happened last time when the Hulk got mind controlled.

You wouldn't make a joke or some shit. You'd simply shit your pants.

Thor doesn't know Hulk is mind controlled at first, hence his initial reaction. When he does realize it is when he groans and does what you suggest.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

Yeah pretty much. Hell even though Hulk attacked that's not even an indication of mind control. Remember Hulk randomly punched Thor in the middle of the battle of new York just because.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »

Damn this scene haa been explained to death!

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »

I wish people would stop comparing it to GOTG, as if that movie was the only one with a "lighter" tone. The previous 2 Thor films have used similar comedy and having a older, popular rock song in the trailer isn't exclusive to GOTG, either. The only thing that makes it look like Guardians is the colors, which makes sense because both movies take place in the same cosmos.

It's just consistent with Marvels fear of using actualmagic
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »

I wouldn't say this was like GoG. There was ONE joke. Marvel movies have usually mixed in a bit of humor. You can't judge the tone of the whole movie from the trailer.

It might be like the Indiana Jones movies. You wouldn't say Raiders was a comedy, but it did have humourous moments, like when Indy shot the sword-wielding thug.

Yea but the whole look of the film, Thor redesign, aliens, high tech and jovial atmosphere make it seem a lot more Cosmic and FOTGy than the Ragnorak film I imagined
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »

Its all Kirby stuff. The art on the wall behind Grandmaster's is actual Kirby artwork from comics.

Jabroniville

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »

I'm merely saying, not every MCU film has to be Guardians, with Gilmore Girls dialogue flanked with pop music. I liked that Thor Come could fill a movie with an epic and consequentially feel. Captain America: TWS was a great example that movie could be fun, even referencing contemporary pop culture (The apple store, Cap's book), and also heavy. - Evolving Cap, and asking moral questions of him that define his character.
You, uhh... sayin' you don't like Zep?

The trailer was awesome. Blanchett looks fucking wicked as Hela, I liked the Executioner's mini-cameo (if they even get 1/8th of the impact of his stand at Gjallerbru, it'll be one of the top 20 deaths in movies; fuck you if you disagree), and Jeff Goldblum as the fucking Grandmaster should be hilarious.

The deliberate GOTG vibe is a bit odd, but you can see they're trying to capture some of the appeal of that film elsewhere. Plus it'll help the inevitable cross-over.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:58:13 AM by Jabroniville »

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:16 AM »

if they even get 1/8th of the impact of his stand at Gjallerbru, it'll be one of the top 20 deaths in movies; fuck you if you disagree
We will not be having sex, because i agree.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]