Herochat

so the Celestials created Eternity,not the other way around?Ultimates 2 #6

INDRA THUNDERER

• +0/-5
    • View Profile
seems like this is now current continuity...thoughts?

Strange

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
I haven't read it yet but it kinda sounds like how the Celestials were originally supposed to be. Or what Hickman turned the Beyonders into.

JAXN

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
The first Eternity created the Black Celstials because he was alone. These Celestials began creating life too but the Celestials that we all k ow and love decided that these new creations should be able to evolve but the FF wasn't having that shit, so war between the more recent Celestials and the original Celestials. That war was tearing Eternity apart so he fled and It was the first firmament (eternity) with a few of the remaining black celestials who created the multiverse
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:14:14 PM by JAXN »

Hulkster

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
The first Eternity created the Black Celstials because he was alone. These Celestials began creating life too but the Celestials that we all k ow and love decided that these new creations should be able to evolve but the FF wasn't having that shit, so war between the more recent Celestials and the original Celestials. That war was tearing Eternity apart so he fled and It was the first firmament (eternity) with a few of the remaining black celestials who created the multiverse

JAXN, if you don't mind, I altered your explanation to what I believe to be more accurate:

The First Firmament created the Black Celstials because he was alone. These Celestials began creating life too but the newer colorful rebellious Celestials that we all know and love decided that these new creations should be able to evolve but the FF wasn't having that shit, so war between the more recent Celestials and the original Celestials. That war tore FF apart so he (or his consciousness?) fled and the torn/shattered parts formed the first multiverse (Eternity) with the remaining newer colorful celestials (the ones we know and love).

JAXN

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

JAXN, if you don't mind, I altered your explanation to what I believe to be more accurate:

The First Firmament created the Black Celstials because he was alone. These Celestials began creating life too but the newer colorful rebellious Celestials that we all know and love decided that these new creations should be able to evolve but the FF wasn't having that shit, so war between the more recent Celestials and the original Celestials. That war tore FF apart so he (or his consciousness?) fled and the torn/shattered parts formed the first multiverse (Eternity) with the remaining newer colorful celestials (the ones we know and love).
No prob and it was the broken parts or substance of the FF that formed new universes they then merged and became another Eternity.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:02:10 PM by JAXN »

INDRA THUNDERER

• +0/-5
    • View Profile
Wondering where this is leading to,with the hint that "Nothing Dies"...thus the possible return of the Beyonders!

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
What series is this happening in?

I wish they wouldn't explain these things in detail or too definitively. I like my Celestials to be mysterious and unfathomable.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Hulkster

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:30:04 AM by Hulkster »

JAXN

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
I think Ewing is doing an excellent job handling the cosmics in the Ultimates. He's redefined the landscape and had a few cool character designs. I never knew the origin of the Celestials. Ewing knows his continuity too. It was good seeing Psi-Hawk. I did not expect to see him make an appearance. I even like the idea of two Eternities out there. On a side note, although we didn't see much of this character but I see potential for the new merged character shown

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
Ewing is what you get when you combine Morrison's knowledge of continuity with Geoff Johns' ability to freshen up old concepts in an entertaining way.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +0/-5
    • View Profile
Is the Never Queen a Ewing invention or?

JAXN

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
I believe the Neverqueen is one of Dan Slott's pets. If I'm not mistaken she appeared in his Surfer run

INDRA THUNDERER

• +0/-5
    • View Profile
I believe the Neverqueen is one of Dan Slott's pets. If I'm not mistaken she appeared in his Surfer run

Hulkster

• +12/-0
    • View Profile

Also, Slott is the only other writer to show Lifebringer Galactus outside of The Ultimates.  The two seem to be giving props to each other.