Herochat

Will we go to war with North Korea?

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
Re: Will we go to war with North Korea?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 07:12:49 PM »
They communicate on a daily basis.  Seriously the Western media outlets sensationalize the hell out of this.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
I know they do. By "communicating" I meant making inroads into moving towards some kind of normalized relationship. I feel like theUSA's presence just maintains the status quo.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »
I know they do. By "communicating" I meant making inroads into moving towards some kind of normalized relationship. I feel like theUSA's presence just maintains the status quo.

Yeah, there have been multiple times over the years where they tried to make that happen.  About three presidents ago, a lot of headway was made but it didn't last long.  North Korea wants South Korea's aid and has asked for it multiple times over the past 20 years or so and they usually get something, depending on who's in power over here.  After NK bombed that island a few years back, I think they stopped.

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »
Also keep in mind that whenever the US or SK get a new president, the North likes ot flex its muscles and act up.  The US just got Trump and, I'm not sure if you know this, but the current president in the South got impeached and a new one will be elected soon.  It seems to be the right time for NK to raise a lot of noise, only for nothing to come of it.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »
I have to imagine a full on war would erupt if the US pulled out of South Korea.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »
promblem is you having two very thin skin guys agaisnt each other.

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »
In some ways, all the US presence does is insure that the US must get involved if China gets any funny ideas about bullying South Korea.
I believe that South Korea alone would beat the fuck out of the North in a war--though Northern Seoul might burn.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »
In some ways, all the US presence does is insure that the US must get involved if China gets any funny ideas about bullying South Korea.
I believe that South Korea alone would beat the fuck out of the North in a war--though Northern Seoul might burn.

Yeah but as pointed out that's like....half their population....not really a small loss.

Long term might in getting rid of North Korea.

But unless they went full genocide that probably won't happen either.

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 10:54:57 PM »
"Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy."

OFFICIAL PREDICTION:

If and when North Korea tests nuclear weapons, they will be bombed. That doesn't mean regime change will happen. How Kim Jong Un responds will depend on his mental stability.

ALSO:

It is starting to become noticed how much the media is beginning to accept a conflict with North Korea. The war drums are definitely beating, this time is pretty bizarre since it ISN'T a Middle East country and it's not about oil. However, the argument a lot of "experts" are saying that, even if North Korea doesn't act violently, it obtaining ICBMs will change the world. This could result in countries like South Korea and Japan obtaining nukes and thus creating a domino effect around the world. It would also show countries like Iran, who we have issues with, that if they obtain nuclear weapons they will be okay.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 12:15:57 AM »
was pretty sure iran would be who we be fucking with

But this North Korea thing was a sucker punch

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2017, 06:46:03 PM »
It's bizarre rock, I agree. Who would have thought?

And another BREAKING NEWS announcement, North Korea tests yet ANOTHER ballistic missile this time into the Sea of Japan.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

And another BREAKING NEWS announcement, North Korea tests yet ANOTHER ballistic missile this time into the Sea of Japan.

Reluctant agreement is the best kind of agreement.

Least these missiles so far seem to suck. Either that we been hacking them.

So I guess that some solace

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 08:36:25 PM »

You ever wonder how North Korea can suck "this" badly?

I mean; aside from being unfathomably evil, they are ridiculously incompetent and clownish.

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 09:00:14 PM »

You ever wonder how North Korea can suck "this" badly?

I mean; aside from being unfathomably evil, they are ridiculously incompetent and clownish.

Rock may be right (not saying hes saying that's the case), but some experts are saying we do have the capabilities of hacking missiles and ensuring it to fail (there was rumors we did it to Iran before and North Korea a few times). That's either true or they just plan on failing endlessly (remember, they promised weekly missile tests) until they get it right.

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2017, 02:57:40 AM »
There are interesting articles about this.  They are too poor, uneducated, etc. to ever pose a serious threat to anyone.  Even in a one-on-one battle with South Korea, they would get their shit pushed in at this point and SK is not that strong in terms of military might.  They often throw these little temper tantrums to 1) bolster their own propaganda for their citizens and 2) they hope the UN or someone will throw some aid at them to get them to shut up.  They are kind of stuck doing this, too.  If the Kims ever let up, their citizens would revolt and the country would turn into the Somalia of Asia over night.  If they provoke actual war, then they will be destroyed over night.  They are kind of stuck in this situation until someone wipes them out or they collapse entirely.