What percentage do you guys think diversity pays a role here? Initially I thought it was a good margin, but after reading a few posts, these other reasons for these comics failing tend to make more sense - not to say I don't think diversity does plays a role, just a lesser role in marvels failure.
Agree with pretty much everyone on this; Diversity is not a problem at all, but its FORCED implementation is. Various problems include:...on Politics...
1. Replacing Characters with female knock-offs - I would have read a book about a female Thor BUT NOT at the expense of Thor. When almost the entire line is composed of female knock-offs you know they have lost the fucking plot.
2. The Political (Feminist) Agenda - Marvel are currently Anti-white and Anti-male. Just so happens the biggest comic market are white males and Marvel have been giving them the finger for some years now.
3. Mary Sue characters - Marvel's female heroes are totally boring because they are perfect (geniuses, who are better than their male counterparts at everything...and more powerful).
4. Emasculation of male characters - not content with building up all the female characters, Marvel have systematically been crapping on male characters at every opportunity....on Events...
5. Event Sequels - lazy, boring and uninspiring.
6. Hero vs. Hero events - lazy, boring and uninspiring.
7. Too many Events - when there are constant Events, then that becomes the status quo; its no longer an Event.
8. Delayed Events - totally destroys the momentum....on Comics themselves...
9. Decompression Destroys Comics - to be clear, decompression as a style works in longer format (graphic novels and trades) BUT it is the death knell of the shorter comic format.
10. Less pages, Less story, Less panels, Less Dialogue - Modern comics can be read in 5 minutes or less. They rarely seem like value for money anymore.
11. Overpriced Comics - not only do we get LESS, but they charge more for it. $4.99 for half of Marvel's books now its seems.
12. Renumbering Too Often - shows they no longer have a clue how to keep people interested in ongoing titles and its all about the quick buck.
13. Bad Action Scenes - No one at Marvel (or DC) seem to have a clue how to stage a good action scene anymore....on the Talent...
14. WAY too many Decompression Style SJW writers at Marvel right now - It basically seems that the way to get a job at Marvel now is criticize Trump on Twitter.
15. The Best Writers have left - I'm guessing but surely this is because of a combination of Editorial Interference on constant Events and Political Witch-hunting of non-SJWs.
16. Rotating Artists on Books (and yes DC do this too) - its a quick way to turn readers off a book. Plus here's a tip, if you are worried a book will be late, fucking get some issues in the bag before you advertise it - its not rocket science.
17. Crap Colours (and yes this is DC too) - I am sure this is not all Colour Artists
but I have seen WAY TOO MANY badly coloured books recently and you have to wonder that either these people don't know what they are doing or are either just dialing it in or they are simply not being given enough time to work on the pages....on the Management/Staff...
18. Delusional - as we have seen from the interviews they still don't understand the problems.
19. Willing to blame everyone but themselves - again, totally in denial.
20. Insulting their fanbase - seen multiple interviews and twitter posts from staff at Marvel over the past year or two basically calling fans racist, sexist etc. That's only going to cause fans to resent them even more.