Herochat

"Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’"

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
There's 2 major problem with marvel diversity bandwagon.

1. It was diversity for diversity sake. No one complained  about Ms Marvel KK b/c it felt organic and for the most part at least in the beginning had a decent story line. But what does the female Thor, Ironheart, Gay Iceman and Asian Hulk have together? They replace a beloved and respected character with someone who bears the same name and powers, but none of their charm and using a hamfisted approach to remove the original character that anyone outside of Ray Charles would know the original character would return. Lets be honest in what way does iceman who's had numerous girlfriends including IIRC getting 1 of them pregnant improve the character. Lets not forget turning Two-gun kid or Rawhide kid gay Marvel had a 4 issue mini-series to celebrate the event which sold buck-ass and ruined the character from ever making a comeback.

2. The second problem they have had with few exceptions crappy writers. I've tried to read Ms America and to be kind it pure unadulterated crap I wouldn't use to wipe my A"S. As for Aaron Thor  everytime I read it, it reminds me of my visits to the dentist in my teens. Character assassination seems to be his forte, with a major in revisionist history. Did anyone ever tell him to show 2 sides of an argument without demonizing your opponent. But no Odin is depicted as a coward, bully, blowhard and a womanizing All Father and those are his good points. If Aaron did a cursory check on Thor history he would know that Jane Foster was given Godlike powers by Odin in the late 1960's or early 1970's to see her suitability as a mate for Thor, and she proved unworthy, cowardly and unable to handle such power to the point Thor had to come in and save her. Even-though she failed in her test, Odin like her and treated her with respect and kindness and she reciprocated the sentiment. I'm not even get into the crap-fest of Asian Hulk or gay Iceman suffice to say I'm glad no one bought the comics and Marvel is putting both comics out of it's misery. Finally Ms America where to begin it has writer more interested in promoting her view of the world then writing a nuance or for that matter an interesting comic. Someone told be she's a writer of some note in the lesbian Latina world, but for the life me you'd never know it by reading her prose in Ms America. People aren't interested in being preached to whether it's in Mockingbird or Ms America it doesn't help that the art sucked big Moose co*ck or the villain were caricature that would be out of place even in 1940's Hollywood movies.

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
I dont know remember tons of people bitching about ms marvel. She included in most of these articles

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
Think the issue is...MOST new character fail.  White or black. Hard to introduce a new character.  Even when they replace a old one.  Since a write who like the old ones will replace the news ones sooner or later. Barry and Hal for instance back in the picutre..becuase those writers like the silver age. Even though find barry boring as fuck in the comis. That why in a TV,cartoons, and movie..he kind of acts like Wally..because that the more fun character. So it has to be somehwhat unorganic if your introducing people in a world that been around for decades. Sometime they shit the bed

Look at all the shitty...bloodline character we had to get to get one Hitman. So you got a few ms Americas. But the new spiderman got some staying power.. And the others that dont do as well, well you can play around in the future. I mean Jon Stewart at first was just an angry black guy saying shit like this

But later now you got a good character to play with. An extra toy in the toy box

It just worst when you holding an entire race on the character back.  Since if that shits the bed no one goes..hey maybe that story..it no one wants diversity or your forcing it down our throats