"Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’"

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
When it comes to fiction and real life combat, if thinking men are and should be portrayed as superior to women in combat makes me sexist I'll go ahead and die on that hill.

I'll take it.
Why you insist on conflating fiction and real life, in a vain attempt to justify your very really problem, I don't know.

Gotta be nice to be rubbing shoulders with a war hero, though, amirite?

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile

I get the concept BG's going for here but this does seem to be an unresistant opponent who might even be shaking with fear.

Kind of not cool to physically assault an assailant whose no longer resisting arrest basically.

Wouldn't actually be cool if it was a guy really.

Kind of like a cop taking a baton to a criminal whose put up their hands and are laying on the ground.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
When it comes to fiction and real life combat, if thinking men are and should be portrayed as superior to women in combat makes me sexist I'll go ahead and die on that hill.

I'll take it.
Why you insist on conflating fiction and real life, in a vain attempt to justify your very really problem, I don't know.

Awww, look at you, trying all hard with personal jabs to look cool. Haha. You're a cupcake.

The only problem I have is with beta males who can't accept that some people have different opinions than they do.

You enjoy fiction where women are amazing in combat. I don't.

Your panties are in a bunch because you're a fragile and poor excuse for an adult male.

That Wolverine vs Raiden thread is something you'll never live down and your garbage attempts at making any type of point are just as trash now as they were then.

It's definitely nice having a solid friendship with people who have an actual idea on what real life combat does to people and the sheer ability one needs to compete in that field.

I love how that makes you mad. It's transparent your lack of anything even remotely resembling physical capability bothers the fuck out of you.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:00:29 AM by JookDukem »

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
At least riv and Jook can agree on something

They're both sexist

LOL I was thinking the same. I appreciate the honesty about it, though.
Its what women want, though.

Actually, they want the best of both worlds; equality in all things, except when playing the weaker sex card better serves them.

Most arent honest about it.

Fuck. We're on the same side. That's a solid and true point.

Suck a dick though, still. 😂😂

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile

I'll take it.

Awww, look at you, trying all hard with personal jabs to look cool. Haha. You're a cupcake.

The only problem I have is with beta males who can't accept that some people have different opinions than they do.

You enjoy fiction where women are amazing in combat. I don't.

Your panties are in a bunch because you're a fragile and poor excuse for an adult male.

That Wolverine vs Raiden thread is something you'll never live down and your garbage attempts at making any type of point are just as trash now as they were then.

It's definitely nice having a solid friendship with people who have an actual idea on what real life combat does to people and the sheer ability one needs to compete in that field.

I love how that makes you mad. It's transparent your lack of anything even remotely resembling physical capability bothers the fuck out of you.
Hahaha

*makes valid point about you being sexist, gets a rant about nothing*

Alright cool man, you keep rotoscoping or whatever it is you do.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
You get casually dealt with every single time. I don't even know why you try making any type of point when you post because it always fails.

You're bad at this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:11:02 AM by JookDukem »

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
the only Alpha male response to the question

should Lady Shiva, or similar martial artist be able to beat a group of strong men is,

Who gives a shit.

That generaly my Answer. Then again i am alpha a fuck

Strawman Abridged

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
The majority of you would get your beta asses tossed through a Warhammer tabletop game by Aunt May in a real fight before you can say, "roll for initiative."

As for me, I can guarantee with 100% certainty that I could snap that chick's back from the Hunger Games over my knee. What's her name, Rue.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
The majority of you would get your beta asses tossed through a Warhammer tabletop game by Aunt May in a real fight before you can say, "roll for initiative."

As for me, I can guarantee with 100% certainty that I could snap that chick's back from the Hunger Games over my knee. What's her name, Rue.

That line the ultimate pussy repellent

By the laws of nature and science,  Warhammer and pussy cant occupy the same space. To do so would create a singularity that would rip a hole into the space time continium

To be even 30 feet near a warhammer tabletop makes a girl tempoary barren and incappable of of having an climax for 2 months

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
If we have achieved nothing else in this thread, at least we've found a way to have Jook and RIV get along.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile

LOL
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
So doing nearly across the board replacements of the brands most popular characters for no other reason than to cater to tumblrinas that obsess about gender/race/identity politics did not work out?

For years people have been telling Marvel these groups do not read comics in any great numbers. Certainly not to the point where you burn so much of prior times to the ground for them. SJWs leapfrog from one subject (gaming) to another (comedy) to another (comics) to another (fitness.) It's about imposing their will and preferences on others. Not an individual interest in what they are complaining about.

I mean Christ, has there been much difference in the market focus for She-Thor, Angela, Carol Danvers, and Mockingbird? They or their titles have been presented as political, angry at the world, men are stupid/evil/oppressive, don't tread on my vagina types. No wonder Marvel's supposedly #1 female cannot keep a book and needs to constantly be rebooted to a new #1.

The smartest thing almost any target can do is ignore or shun these people right away. Then you can make changes organically down the road after they have left to bother some other unfortunate group. As opposed to having to do them under the gun of a movement that represents only itself and is largely disagreed with otherwise.

And yeah, stop overdoing it with then "This character is the best/strongest/smartest/most powerful/etc." Give readers reasons to like them as people. Not just preach about how awesome they are and drop hints that anyone not onboard is close minded or bigoted.
Yeah, pretty much this. SJWs have basically taken a "leap from one fandom to another, preaching at everyone" thing. The backlash against this has been tremendous, especially as more and more people have seen these people pop up in every possible fandom. It's become very clear that the SJWs were basically just like the Doom Patrol's fanbase- small, but loud.

I'm late to the party here, but my whole take on the thing is that Marvel's SJW push is a MASSIVE over-correction of a "problematic" thing, and not only created a backlash, but an active hatred of the company. Especially when they spent time making fun of the fans for being mad, then release this initial press-release, blaming fans for "not liking diversity". Funnily enough, SJWs were ALSO furious with this press-release, because it basically amounts to "we're giving up on diversity/diversity doesn't work". So this idiot has just pissed off EVERYONE on all sides.

So what's going to happen now is that Marvel will bring the "proper" heroes back in some cases, thus pissing off SJWs. In other cases, they'll redouble their efforts and just fuck things up more.

The funny thing is, some of the new characters were fine- I don't know anybody who hates Kamala Khan, short of the hardcore MRA/Diversity SUCKS! crowd, which is as loud and as annoying as any SJW. Kamala was fine, and wasn't even a replacement character- she was taking the legacy of a hero who'd taken a new name (and her own legacy). But suddenly swapping out Cap, Thor & Iron Man, while pushing Blaxican Spidey and Asian Hulk at the same time? It was brutally obvious, clumsy pandering.

Never mind that comic book fans have always been famous for hating change. You replace all of these heroes with White Anglo-Saxon Protestants and people would still bitch, because of CHANGE. People bitched about every single thing changed from the source material in every Marvel movie, just because. So immediately accusing them of racism or hating diversity for the backlash was ludicrous.

And I get WHY the decisions were made. Marvel has a thousand decent minority and/or female characters... but because they were all created after like 1970, no writer has any nostalgia for them, and so every new guy taking over a book exiles all the minority characters, includes the "classic" guys, and then adds a brand NEW minority or two. This means that no brown people end up with an extended push- you just get stuff like the Avengers with Monica Rambeau (Roger Stern's pet character), before she's replaced as the Token Negro with Rage. Who is himself replaced by another guy. So instead, Marvel decided to make them all legacy characters so that the fans suddenly HAVE to pay attention to them... but of course did five fucking characters all at once, because they were clumsy and stupid about it. I could have dealt with one or two... but ALL of them? Never mind that this further dilutes the Marvel menagerie of characters (a continuing problem; the Hulk has been devalued so much by all the different versions & spin-offs that the original guy has no meaning anymore- most of Marvel's heroes are heading that way, too).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:30:23 AM by Jabroniville »

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
I got the feeling a lot of the SJWs who complain about this stuff don't even read comics or anything anyway.  If they did, they would understand the fandoms' complaints.

Strawman Abridged

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
I doubt they'd understand even then. SJW's have willingly encased themselves in their own personal bubbles of blissful ignorance. Easier to just rage and disregard than engage in genuine conversation, reflect, apply basic critical thought, etc. Time is too precious a commodity, and personal pride priceless beyond measure. But then it's really just yet another symptom of the underlying chronic impatience and insecurity that generally permeates all walks of society nowadays. And of course, technology and social media have a heavy hand in that.