Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: "Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’"  (Read 3838 times)

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile

I don't agree with number 2 though. No one has been replaced we just have multiple versions of people using the same name. We got 2 Thors, 2 Spider-men, 2 Captain Americas. The only two characters I can think of that have been replaced are Hulk and Wolverine and they will be back soon.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile

Yeah I should have specified, I was including multiples versions along with replacements. Though it should be noted, Wolverine has been replaced, She-Thor is going by Thir and has replaced Thor on the Avengers, Steve Rogers is a Nazi while Falcon is acting as the heroic Cap, Wasp has been replaced, Iron Man has been replaced...

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile

Well, Logan hasn't really been replaced when you factor in old man Logan.  Which you would think indicates the old man comes out of Adamantium at some point.  But, then it's just possible his reality/timeline was also wiped out during the big event.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile

I don't agree with number 2 though. No one has been replaced we just have multiple versions of people using the same name. We got 2 Thors, 2 Spider-men, 2 Captain Americas. The only two characters I can think of that have been replaced are Hulk and Wolverine and they will be back soon.

It's not necessarily a literal replacement. Thor has been reduced to an unworthy pale shadow of his old self, completely disgraced while She-Thor has his name, is occupying his essential title and power tier, takes his spot in teams etc. It's a type of replacement
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile

^^^good point.
You dont have to be gone to be replaced.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile

^^^good point.

See always took that as part of the story where he comes back stronger. Like batman getting his back broke. Least that how most these stories go.

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile

^^^good point.

See always took that as part of the story where he comes back stronger. Like batman getting his back broke. Least that how most these stories go.

Sure, but they're still gone for (in Thor's case) 3 years.  I can see a fan being annoyed by that regardless of politics or things of that nature.  From Knightfall to Knightsend, the entire thing took a year with Bruce still having a large presence in the story as protagonist. 

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile

If Games Workshop decided to replace an entire Space Marine legion with females there would be actual physical rioting.

It's dumb. Women doing man shit is stupid and nothing will ever change that fact.

Therock is a faggot.

Women will never equal men when it comes to combat and fiction should keep that in mind when creating stories and settings.

Strange

• Mage
    • View Profile

Except in fiction where they can because of fiction.....

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile

If Games Workshop decided to replace an entire Space Marine legion with females there would be actual physical rioting.

It's dumb. Women doing man shit is stupid and nothing will ever change that fact.

Therock is a faggot.

Women will never equal men when it comes to combat and fiction should keep that in mind when creating stories and settings.

Dont know much about the Space marine lore but with comcis..

Yes. In a world of talking space ducks. A woman beating a man is a STEP TO FAR!!!

I mean if Damien can kick Big ass dude ass being a 12 year old. Have no issue with some hight trained ninja chick doing so to. Hell a lot of a robins jumps into it pretty young with a few training montages from batman

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile

^^^good point.

Sure, but they're still gone for (in Thor's case) 3 years.  I can see a fan being annoyed by that regardless of politics or things of that nature.  From Knightfall to Knightsend, the entire thing took a year with Bruce still having a large presence in the story as protagonist.

I would agree with you if there wasn't a comic with Thor in it. But there is so he's not really gone.

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile

^^^good point.

I would agree with you if there wasn't a comic with Thor in it. But there is so he's not really gone.

Then you should agree with me because it was a 5 issue mini-series that came 2 and a half years into it.  Thanks for your support.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile

Wasn't he showing up something else before Unworthy Thor? I know he's gonna be in a new comic starting soon.

Also its been three years since Secret Wars? Jesus.

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile

Wasn't he showing up something else before Unworthy Thor? I know he's gonna be in a new comic starting soon.

Also its been three years since Secret Wars? Jesus.

Thor's been gone from his title since 2014, and gone completely since March 2015 beyond a panel in 2016 teasing the Unworthy Thor mini.  The mini didn't come out for another 6 months after that. 

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile

Yeah, Thor's essentially been replaced. When She-Thor just slid into his place on the Avengers and the rest of them started referring to her as Thor without missing a beat, or even bothering to look for their friend to help him, that's replacement in my eyes.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19