Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Real Ghostbusters cartoon has been added to Netflix  (Read 728 times)

Thanos6

• King
    • View Profile
Re: The Real Ghostbusters cartoon has been added to Netflix
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:16 AM »

Wasn't Louis always am accountant?

Yes, but I think he means, suddenly showing up in the cartoon as their accountant.  Before the second movie came out, I don't think he was in the cartoon at all.

Looking back on it now, I also really enjoy how they explained any differences between the movies and the cartoons; the movies exist within the cartoon as adaptations of some of the Ghostbusters' adventures, so anything the cartoon "changes" is actually the movies taking "artistic license!"
Writer of The Reformers!

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 01:18:02 AM »

I liked the boogyman episodes.

And Samhein of course, taking over their firehouse.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 01:39:15 AM »

Those are great eps. A haven't watched any since I was like 12 but so many stick out in my mind. The Werewolf vs Vampire one, the Peoplebusters, the one with the Trolls.

Thanos6

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 02:24:55 AM »

The Sandman putting everyone to sleep...going back in time and accidentally busting the ghosts from A Christmas Carol...the baseball game between good and evil...
Writer of The Reformers!

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 04:43:47 AM »

it dropped in quality when it was rebranded Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters and split the time with a more kiddie version of the show.
Yeah this is what i meant.
The sequel seeped in an ruined it (for me, anyway).

I did think the explanation for the movies was clever, though. And the Christmas Carol episode is one of my favorites.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 05:30:20 AM »

Mrs. Roger's house!

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 07:53:57 AM »

I am on the "cartoon better than films" wagon.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:31 AM »

Was googling yhe cartoon, found a list of the 20 scariest eps:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/ghostbusters/42150/the-real-ghostbusters-20-spookiest-episodes

Man, J Michael Straczynski did a lot of work on that show.

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 02:15:53 PM »

Few episodes I liked.

Robo-Buster: Some jerk dates Janine to steal the Ghostbuster Tech to create a robot that doesn't just trap ghosts, but seemingly destroys them. Heck, it looks like Robo-buster killed Slimer. I mean, he just splattered him. Naturally he didn't, but that was pretty damn graphic way to kill a slime monster.

Flip Side: 3/4ths of the team are transported to a dimension where the Peoplebusters bust humans and lock them in their own containment unit.

Sticky Business: A children's hospital needs a load of cash to stay open and a producer will foot the bill...if he can film the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man.

Poultreyguist: If there is one rule of the cartoon it's this: Bad things always happen to Egon. Ego finds himself bitten by a werechicken (who looks surprisingly scary) and now has to find a cure.

I was a witch man: Again, it sucks being Egon. An old witch wants revenge on Egon's family and restart her coven.

Three Men and an Egon: An encounter with a ghost causes Egon to slowly get young and younger until he will just disappear.

Drool the Dog Faced Gremlin: The first cartoon ever that I watched that ended on such a sad note.

Also, the baseball game episode probably had the best ending, especially Venkman's reaction.

Thanos6

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 07:12:13 PM »

Can't forget the one where a demon uses the chance to win a trip to Tahiti to trap them all in a diabolical game show, where if they lose, they forfeit their souls.

They win, of course, and the demon is preparing to flee, but Peter grabs him, and without even using his proton pack, just starts manhandling him.

"YOU PROMISED US A TRIP TO TAHITI! WE GAMBLED ON A TRIP TO TAHITI! WE WON YOUR STUPID GAME! AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA SEND US TO TAHITI, ALL EXPENSES PAID, OR I'M GONNA WRING YOUR CRUMMY NECK!"

And the demon is so terrified of Peter, he just teleports them all to Tahiti immediately (along with the consolation prize of three tons of deviled ham).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:31:19 PM by Thanos6 »
Writer of The Reformers!

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 07:26:15 PM »

Wasn't Louis always am accountant?

Yes, but I think he means, suddenly showing up in the cartoon as their accountant.  Before the second movie came out, I don't think he was in the cartoon at all.

Looking back on it now, I also really enjoy how they explained any differences between the movies and the cartoons; the movies exist within the cartoon as adaptations of some of the Ghostbusters' adventures, so anything the cartoon "changes" is actually the movies taking "artistic license!"

Ah, ok. I haven't seen the ton since it originally aired. I might check this out.

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »

Was just watching the first couple and noticed something major to me:

I think all of the Ghostbusters are left-handed in this cartoon. Can anyone confirm? I think I saw all but Ray eating with their left hands, and I can't imagine Ray being the exception unless all the original actors were lefties except for Akroyd.
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »

Was just watching the first couple and noticed something major to me:

I think all of the Ghostbusters are left-handed in this cartoon. Can anyone confirm? I think I saw all but Ray eating with their left hands, and I can't imagine Ray being the exception unless all the original actors were lefties except for Akroyd.
I'd love for you to confirm that, cuz its strange, because:

Proton packs in the toon are set up for a right hand draw:

And they hold them right hand dominant:

So if theyre lefties the rest of the time, thats...???

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 11:50:25 AM »

Looks like Louis was holding his shit leftie in the sequel:

But i cant find a pic to confirm if its a left hand draw pack.

Technically you COULD draw the rod left handed, though awkwardly, as they disengage straight up and out, not diagonally... 

HalloweenJack

• Crisis Actor
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 12:38:34 AM »

The Sandman putting everyone to sleep...going back in time and accidentally busting the ghosts from A Christmas Carol...the baseball game between good and evil...

just picked up the first season on dvd a few weeks before they added this to netflix. the wife and I both loved this toon and I like going back and seeing how good some of the stories were.

That Night Game episode for instance. I loved how the Umpire in that was explaining good and evil in that game. Basically "Well of course evil gets to cheat. If it abides by the rules then it would be good and not evil. And if good cheated it would cease to be good."

Stuff that I didn't really get the significance of when I was a little kid
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4