Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: Evolve  (Read 250 times)

Master

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Evolve
« on: March 23, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »

Picked this up free on XBox gold. The concept sounded good when I heard about this a long time back, but damn... balancing is whack. It requires insane coordination from the Hunters if the Monster player is competent.

And the monsters having so many ranged options is the dumbest part. The Hunters get to close together, and the Monster can smash them all at once unless the team has just the right combo of characters using just the right powers at just the right time.

Get too spread out, and the Monster just whallops your team to death one at a time. I can see why they made their ultimate edition free on gold. This game ain't worth buying.

Hopefully more competent developers come along to help for a sequel though.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Mediocre Faggot

• Donkey
    • View Profile
Re: Evolve
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »

Downloaded this as well. Havent played it yet but i thought they did a massive patch to counter some of the issues your talking about. Makes me wonder how bad it was before

Master

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 07:39:58 AM »

Downloaded this as well. Havent played it yet but i thought they did a massive patch to counter some of the issues your talking about. Makes me wonder how bad it was before

I heard online that the PC version got a major update before the developers abandoned the game. Consoles still have the original/legacy version.

I have a real hard time just finding a game, which sad as fuck for a FREE multiplayer ultimate game version only two years old. Sometimes it crashes during matchmaking, so that is part of the problem. But I think people just give up on this after a few tries because of poor balance.

Master

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:33 PM »

Oh well, looks like I'm done. The ranking system is even fucked up. Lost one match that went on for 15 minutes, and my rank went down 25 points. Won the next two matches... 1 point and 10 points. Baffling.

Later won a match where the monster player froze up for an easy slaughter. 15 points.

I hope someone makes a better FPS team monster hunter. Hunting down giant monsters on a team is cool... so much that I put up with a few days of this crap game.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• Axel Foley
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »

Sounds like I can delete this shit from my Xbone, then!

Master

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 11:54:56 AM »

From my own experience and reading some message boards about the game, the devs just made shit very unbalanced for the monsters. The Hunters need to be very coordinated just to beat someone who is moderately skilled as a monster.

A skilled monster player can pretty much wreck any team of hunters. If the medic is killed, the Hunters are fucked and will lose. Monsters move faster than Hunters, so Hunters are constantly getting hammered. Without the medic constantly healing the team, the team will lose. A skilled monster will dance around a bit and avoid major damage, get at least to stage 2 power, and then locate the medic. The monster then just needs to ignore the rest of the team and hammer the medic to death.

The rest of the Hunters can shoot away at the monster while it kills the medic. The best they will do is destroy its armor bar. The monster can then quickly dispatch the remaining three Hunters who have much smaller health bars and no one left to heal them.

The behemoth monster is especially bad. It's armor is nutso at stage 2 and 3. If a retard was playing the monster, you could literally spend 10 minutes just chasing and shooting it before finally winning. Meanwhile a good behemoth player maybe needs 3 or 4 minutes to crush the Hunters.