Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: Supreme Court Confimation Comments by Ring of Fire  (Read 318 times)

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Norbit
    • View Profile
Supreme Court Confimation Comments by Ring of Fire
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eWcr6fdwqQ

I can do without Sam Sedar, but the rest are usually on point. The part here that got me most starts at 3:12 when Papantonio says

".........and they (The Democrats) always focus on the social issues. Typically they will ignore what we call the money issues, that America cares about. They won't ask about issues like the right to work. They won't talk about arbitration. They won't talk rampant corporate criminal conduct.

The reason Democrats don't do that anymore is that they have taken that wall street money. They are afraid to upset wall street. They are afraid to upset the apple cart on issues beyond pure social ones."

Bingo.

This is what many have been saying for years. And not just about supreme court hearings. It's largely the story of the elective demise of the Democratic Party.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Confimation Comments by Ring of Fire
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »

say you can do both. Depends on what people consider social issues. If that means immigration(which by the way a money issue to), and the banned well that kind of in the spotlight right now with the bill reather where going to have a straight up relegious test to get in here. Then you got limiting debate rights in states, and voting rights being limited

For me when people say lets not focuse on Social issue its kind of saying..let not bring up shit that pissed of rural white voters. And if it fucked over voters who arent white..well thats ok..because where the fuck they going to go. Where the only game in town. It in a way get that stagedy. Namely since a lot of those votes tends to be in states that voter dem anyway. And what they going to do voter for the group that more openly against them. I mean they can only do so much help to win.

For instace Roe V wade probally wont be overturn. But what they can do is things to limit. Having to have parent permission, putting limits on said hospitals, having to have the old Dildo cam up the puss. To me fighting that stuff isnt pressing social issues. That..well Woe V wade was a fight people thought was won decades ago. So I can see people not appreicating having to be play wack an moled to strike down all these anti reproductive laws. And to me the people who pushing those laws are the ones pushing social issues. Yet there never called out for it when they do it. I mean with the war on christmas, changing text books

people forget how the whole trangedner in bathroom first hit big news. Arizona made a law again it for an issue that wasnt an issue. Then offerend people cash for narcing on people who used the wrong bathroom. To me that  right wing SJW run amuck. But when people say "Hey man cut that shit out" There pushing SJW. Should that be the no 1 issue. Maybe not..can see it being AN issue though. And not like the only social issue people fight about. But people loving marking that poster child for social issue..because let face it people find trangenders weirds. So it easy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:52:53 PM by therock »

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:11:54 PM »

I was kind of thinking the same as rock; lots of the "money" issues kind of flow into the "social issues".

If you made sure the underclass got their minimum wage pumped up; immigration would drop because business's would stop hiring them as much.

The under class could afford better healthcare etc.....

The Elite would be put more under control; better work environments and so on.

You can't ignore one without it affecting the other.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »

The right is frequently hypocritical when it comes to states rights, free speech, and political correctness. They snowflake out as much as anyone about religion, guns, or other areas held near and dear to the right's now black political heart.

Yes, they should address both economic and social issues. But the perception, and I think it is largely accurate, is that the political left treads much more boldly on even wedge social issues than on most pretty mainstream economic ones. It's the affects of Clintonism at work. No matter how correct they may be, Dems cannot ride trans bathroom bills back to electoral relevance.

Not when Bernie Sanders has to all but carry the load on big issues like true healthcare reform, tuition free education/job training, cracking down on corporate welfare, and living wages. Those are issues that can even draw some Republican voter support. And plenty of Independent voter support as well. Hence why increases in minimum wages tend to pass strongly even in red states.

MTL76

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »

I was listening to the confirmation hearings and my thoughts were along the lines of:

-Republicans asking questions like "How about them Broncos?" is silly and a waste of time.

-On the other hand, Democrats were needlessly hostile to the point of insulting. They would ask questions, then not allow Gorsuch to answer because of "time constraints." So, instead of finding out Gorsuch's opinions - WHICH IS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT - they used the confirmation hearing as a platform to grandstand.

-Franken and Hiromo were exceptionally asshole-ish. Franken sounded like an amateur lecturing Gorsuch on legal matters, and Hiromo was a passive aggressive shithead. She kept saying rude things and then following them up with "Sorry if you think I'm being rude."

-The Democrats also kept inventing hypothetical legal cases for Gorsuch to rule on, which is ridiculous. A judge weighs a case when comparing two legal arguments, not on how many heartstrings a hypothetical case may tug. They had his whole prior legal to examine, hypotheticals aren't necessary.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »

immigration is run thing where race and money interest  lay together

Best way to stop is to gave people who hire them a fine at a level where it simply not worth it finniacially...or even Jail time

But coparation hire them and copration pay politican money. And it easy for polticians to paint it as EVIL mexicans doing it. When really its a supply and demand thing. You can do this while building whatever dumb fucking wall they want. But they NEVER do that. because it easier to pick on some minorty group

or blaming them for the lost of Jobs. Deportion was at HIGH under obama. Net immigration was at a low. But one attack the real issues, like tecenology taking Jobs, needing to change our eduaction system and teach people skills, minium wage increase.

The right is frequently hypocritical when it comes to states rights, free speech, and political correctness. They snowflake out as much as anyone about religion, guns, or other areas held near and dear to the right's now black political heart.

Yes, they should address both economic and social issues. But the perception, and I think it is largely accurate, is that the political left treads much more boldly on even wedge social issues than on most pretty mainstream economic ones. It's the affects of Clintonism at work. No matter how correct they may be, Dems cannot ride trans bathroom bills back to electoral relevance.

Not when Bernie Sanders has to all but carry the load on big issues like true healthcare reform, tuition free education/job training, cracking down on corporate welfare, and living wages. Those are issues that can even draw some Republican voter support. And plenty of Independent voter support as well. Hence why increases in minimum wages tend to pass strongly even in red states.

Yes but Hillary for all her fault never struck me as a SJW. She just was a bad canidate but not cause she was SJW. Because a lot felt bernie got screwd over and simply didnt come out. Which lost the elction.  In fact it always weird that some who complain Hillary SJW leanings, are some people who went with Jill. A woman who VP was like if The "DAT RACIST" meme and Alex Jones fucked and had a baby. Think some of the social issue exgarated by the right. Where they thinking saying HAPPY HOLIDAYS..is  a war on christms

or saying be gain stop and frisk playing the race card. When in its pure simplicy it not wanting a cop to tickle your pickle. That something that be understood across all 50 states.

Also dont think anyone riding those issues. It just even the SLIGHTEST mention of them pisses people off so much, that it become a huge issue

Also Bernie (and this aint a crack against him) may of been more for immigration then Hillary. Which sometime WRONG deemed a Social issue.  unfortunly for dems. Stuff like a muslim banned..is not really THAT unpopular. Also republican were more willing to overlook thier differnces and general have more consitent voters, namely in mid terms elections.

Also the moderate and the far left need to get together.  I think there are some part of the left where a purity test hurting them

For instance I think it safe to say a lot of us lean left. But on minum wage we have a mixture
Some thing it shouldner raise
Some think it should be raise by not to 15
Something to 15, but 12 in other places
Something it should gradully be raise

There part of the left all those examples as being a coprartist stooge. or want to totaly disregard Warren saying she a fake because she did come out DAPL fast enough. Or even Bernie for the sin of standing next to schumar saying he a sale out. That severly limits your base. Sure it enough to NOT win an eleciton if you stay home..but dont know if it enough to WIN one..if you drive everyone not part of the choir away

So it going to GREATLY depend on what happen in 2018 and who comes out

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 06:00:13 PM »

When it comes to immigration; even Bernie said the "no borders" policy a lot of people want to go on about, would be apocalyptic for the middle and under class of our society.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 12:17:42 AM »

all that said not sure I would hold out for this one. They dont have to vote for him if they truly think he a bad judge but fillibustering him seem wrong

get the urge to do so, giving the cock sucking move the right did by not even meeting with them for a year. And saying they do it again with Hillary.

But two forms of cock sucking dont make a right
Also of the picks trump count make this isnt the WORST pick

If the dems do they just get rid of the filbustering anyway. In a long run that might be a good as pure wake up call, to show this overly compromise shit aint worrking.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:21:16 AM by therock »

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:37:49 AM »

Well the filibuster for supreme court gone

Why Dems didnt pull some of this shit when there supreme court pick was being blocked for a year.  I mean if your pushing prescident ANYWAY

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 01:40:30 AM »

Well the filibuster for supreme court gone

Why Dems didnt pull some of this shit when there supreme court pick was being blocked for a year.  I mean if your pushing prescident ANYWAY

How were they going to do that when they didn't control the house or senate?
DIGUSTING