Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Logan aka Jesus christ, everyone gets stabbed in the face  (Read 1765 times)

Dictionary-Barry

• Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Logan aka Jesus christ, everyone gets stabbed in the face
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »

It's very interesting to see the dichotomy between non-comic, serious movie reviewers that have no loyalty or allegiance to the source material singing praises yet hardcore nerds saying meh.
This sort of thing doesn't surprise me at all, honestly. Different groups will have different markers as far as what they would like to see. For an extreme and gay example, I remember a friend of mine explaining to a couple of others that the Chinese food westerners often know and love "isn't really Chinese food" and why would I argue with her...when she's from China and grew up with the real thing. She oughtta know.

So yeah, I don't get surprised when fans of the original something or other scoff at the nu version of whatever that thing may be. I don't find it surprising and I also don't see it as a negative or really understand why people get upset about it (not saying that you did) and even whine about the supposed whining. *shrug*

I actually liked the movie. I think some of you (can't remember who) had said even before this movie was announced that Wolverine needed an R rating and you guys were absolutely right. I had to explain this to a non-comic-fan friend by reminding him of the times animated Wolverine popped his claws...only to kick or tackle someone.

wowie

• Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Logan aka Jesus christ, everyone gets stabbed in the face
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2017, 11:54:50 PM »

Saw it again.

Such a freakin' good movie.

Great acting by the whole cast. Just enough action scenes.

Can't complain

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:22:28 AM by Dlbiininja »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]